• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

Some input on this?

creator.png

Not in a hurry or anything, I mostly want to compare translations.

@Ovy7

Original:
全ての制約を完全に失った存在は、 …全てを手にする代わりに、それらの“意味”という制約すら失う。生死の概念すらなくなり、存在の意味さえもなくなり、……ゼロの域に達する。あるいは、転落する。墜落する。崩壊する。雲散霧消する。

Rough TL:
A being who completely loses all limitations ...instead of having everything, they lose even the limitation of their "meaning". They lose the concept of life and death, even the meaning of existence, and reach the realm of ...zero. Or, they fall. Crash. Crumble. Vanish.

Something like this perhaps?

I have these 3 different scans

征服王イスカンダル【サーヴァント】
第四回の聖杯戦争における、セイパーのライバル。
彼の英雄王ギルガメッシュと拮抗する宝具を持つ。
前回ではセイバーとの戦いで弱った後、ギルガメッシュとの連戦によって敗北した。

神威の車輪ゴルディアス・ホイール
アレキサンダー大王の伝説において最も有名な『ゴルディアスの結び目』のエピソードに登場する戦車。もともとはゼウス神への供物として祭られていた祭具だった。
各部のパーツは別個に縮小、收納することが可能であり、踏破する地形に合わせて最高効率の形態に変形することができる。
図版は蹂躙攻撃において使用される完全解放形態。

スパタ
イスカンダルが戦場で愛用する剣。キュプリオト族の王からの献上品。極めて強靭な拵えだが、見かけによらず軽量で、機敏な扱いも可能である

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to translate them.

Last edited:
@YuriAkuto

First One:

Iskandar the Conqueror [Servant].
A rival of Saber in the Fourth Holy Grail War.
He possesses a treasury that rivals that of the King of Heroes Gilgamesh.
In the previous round, he was defeated by Gilgamesh in a series of battles after being weakened in a fight with Saber.

Second One:

Wheel of Heaven's Might: Gordius Wheel
A chariot that appears in the most famous episode of the legend of Alexander the Great, "The Gordian Knot". Originally, it was a ritual tool that was worshipped as an offering to the god Zeus.
Each part of the chariot can be shrunk and stored separately, and can be transformed into the most efficient form according to the terrain its traversing over.
The illustration shows the fully released form used in a trampling attack.

Third One:

Spatha
Iskandar's favorite sword on the battlefield. A gift from the king of the Cypriots. It has an extremely tough construction, but despite its appearance, it is lightweight and can be handled with agility.

This all I got from what you posted.

@Ovy7

Original:
全ての制約を完全に失った存在は、 …全てを手にする代わりに、それらの“意味”という制約すら失う。生死の概念すらなくなり、存在の意味さえもなくなり、……ゼロの域に達する。あるいは、転落する。墜落する。崩壊する。雲散霧消する。

Rough TL:
A being who completely loses all limitations ...instead of having everything, they lose even the limitation of their "meaning". They lose the concept of life and death, even the meaning of existence, and reach the realm of ...zero. Or, they fall. Crash. Crumble. Vanish.

Something like this perhaps?
It's perfect. Tnx, man!

@Migue79

さ行
サイバー空間
[さいばーくうかん]

ZERO 3

オメガが現れたことで出来た空間の歪み。いたるところに現実世界と繋がる扉があり、中ではサイバーエルフの能力が自動的に発揮される不思議な空間。また、死者の魂も漂っており、「ゼロ」で自爆した四天王の一人、隠将ファントムの魂もここにある。

Last Line
Cyberspace

ZERO 3

A distortion of space created by the appearance of Omega. There are doors everywhere that connect to the real world, and inside is a mysterious space where the abilities of Cyber Elves are automatically displayed. The souls of the dead are also floating around, and the soul of the Hidden Leader Phantom, one of the Four Heavenly Kings who blew himself up in "Zero", is also here.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Subarashii!

Though reading this translation, I wonder if the "distortion of space" could be synonymous to "dimensional rift"... Because that's what the localization of the game (MMZ3) & an official guidebook (that is allegedly a faithful translation lol) translated that to...

Eitherway, thank you very much!

@Axxtentacle Probably? I mean I do this not only cuz nobody else who's more proficient in Japanese is gonna do it, but also cuz I'm bored here lol.

@Migue79 Maybe? 空間 is space, and 歪み is distortion. Don't know about dimensional rift though. Rift I can get behind, dimensional...eh I mean sure? I tend to take things by looking at the literal meanings of the kanji's on my end.

那么接下来就去看看这片星空到底有多么辽阔到底多么的璀璨王宝乐意气风发目中露出强烈光芒身体轰鸣间化作一道长虹以惊人的速度直接就横穿如今的太阳系直至出现在了太阳系外看到了那浩瀚的火海以及火海中心浑身上下散发恐怖气息的老牛
i will, I have been busy with real life (despite my constant shit talking on here lmao), so I apologise about the delay. But hey, this looks much better than the last few dialogues you sent lmao.

那么接下来就去看看这片星空到底有多么辽阔到底多么的璀璨王宝乐意气风发目中露出强烈光芒身体轰鸣间化作一道长虹以惊人度直接就横穿如今的太阳系直至出现在了太阳系外看到了那浩瀚的火海以及火海中心浑身上下散发恐怖气息的老牛.

"Now, let's see exactly how vast, how wonderfully bright this sheet of heaven is.
Wang Bao Le's eyes were full of spirit, leaking intense rays of light. While his body was rumbling, it transformed into a streak of light and with such astonishing speed, he immediately traversed the solar system and appeared outside of it.
He saw the vast seas of fire as well as the frightening energy that was being emitted by Lao Niu in the center; from top to bottom"

Edit: made some grammatical corrections.

I can translate from Russian, but like, who'd need it here lol
I wanna play CSGO in Russian server, pls translate for meh.

Last edited:
Another Chinese segment. Hope it's not too much trouble.

在这关键时刻毁我分身

冲薏子目中寒芒闪耀很是烦躁若非他欠下人情他也不会在这个时候出手但眼下分身被毁他若不去解决则道心不圆满对于修为的晋升也有影响

也好拿一颗道星看看能否对我有额外帮助

想到这里已然起身让八方星空颤抖的冲薏子身体一晃刹那间就离开了九州道的山门星系出现时已在茫茫星空右手抬起掐算一番抬头后迈着大步一步一星系向着分身死亡之处呼啸而去

Another Chinese segment. Hope it's not too much trouble.

在这关键时刻毁我分身

也好拿一颗道星看看能否对我有额外帮助

No worries lmao. I have a day off here because of a public holiday. But I am kinda tired lol.

"At this moment, my clone(? don't know if it's the correct context used here) was destroyed.
Chong Yi Zi's eyes were filled with sparkles and annoyance, if it weren't for those lowly things called human compassion then he wouldn't even attack first. But now that the clone has been destroyed, if he doesn't solve the incompleteness of this Dao Heart then his Cultivation would be impacted as well.

That's alright, now, let's see if whether this Dao Heavenly body can provide me with extra aid or not.

To think that you can set fourth Eight Point Starry Sky, trembling, Chang Yi Zi's body departed from the Monastery of Jiuzhu in instant. Galaxies appeared in the vast starry sky when he raised his hand above head. With a big step, the galaxy was facing towards the dead doppleganger whom was whistling away."

在这关键时刻毁我分身

也好拿一颗道星看看能否对我有额外帮助

No worries lmao. I have a day off here because of a public holiday. But I am kinda tired lol.

"At this moment, my clone(? don't know if it's the correct context used here) was destroyed.
Chong Yi Zi's eyes were filled with sparkles and annoyance, if it weren't for those lowly things called human compassion then he wouldn't even attack first. But now that the clone has been destroyed, if he doesn't solve the incompleteness of this Dao Heart then his Cultivation would be impacted as well.

That's alright, now, let's see if whether this Dao Heavenly body can provide me with extra aid or not.

To think that you can set fourth Eight Point Starry Sky, trembling, Chang Yi Zi's body departed from the Monastery of Jiuzhu in instant. Galaxies appear in vast starry sky when he raised his hand above head. With a big step, the galaxy was facing towards the dead doppleganger whom was whistling away."
Hmmm. From what I know, the general context was that he was moving across "galaxies". Would it be an issue to recheck the last part? Just to be sure.

Btw, Thanks.

Hmmm. From what I know, the general context was that he was moving across "galaxies". Would it be an issue to recheck the last part? Just to be sure.
Hi Planck,
I am very sure, the kanji it is used here, is talking about walking step by step.
Maybe the latter texts show that (the parts that are not shown here?)
The only "moving galaxies" part I am quite certain that is used in this context is that it is talking about the fact that he summoned galaxies in the vast skies.
I am at least 98% from what I read in the last section, it is talking about "walking"

Huh. So what would you say happened in that scene? In your own view.

I wonder if something like “translation group member” could become a role. Someone like Qliphoth definitely deserves it.
I would obviously be perfectly fine with it, but it also depends on if any other members would also be interested in joining such a group.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's something any other member whose knowledgeable in languages other than English (Japanese being a given for one, Chinese another in Chase's case, and apparently Russian if @Da_Lunge_Fish comment is anything to go by) would have to decide if such a group member role title becomes a thing here.

Yeah, that's something any other member whose knowledgeable in languages other than English (Japanese being a given for one, Chinese another in Chase's case, and apparently Russian if @Da_Lunge_Fish comment is anything to go by) would have to decide if such a group member role title becomes a thing here.
Yeah i do know Russian but like
Who would need it here

Point.

Far as I know, the scans for works requested here are Japanese with occasional Chinese to it so there wouldn't be that many people to work on here, if any, with other works done in a different language unless it really comes up...which I take it next to zero if not literally zero as far as I see here.

That looks right enough. It's said that the blood's initial speed initial speed got enhanced by magic or some such, allowing it to go beyond/exceed sound speed.

So Supersonic blood attack ^^

Nevermind, I see a thread mention "transonic" blood attack for the guy.

Even if you put the text differently in ENG by saying "Enhanced by the magic, the initial speed of the blood exceeds the speed of sound", I'm pretty sure you're gonna get supersonic blood attack either way.

Can someone translate this Chinese segment?

水月之法蓦然展开刹那间好似水滴落入水面层层涟漪回荡四方转眼数百年而王宝乐也抬起脚踏入波纹内

百年前未央中心域星空中妖瞳老祖正疾驰前行下一瞬王宝乐身影走出一指落下天崩地裂

五百年前

三千年前

八千年前

两万年前

你是谁

时光长河内修为还没有到准宇宙境的妖瞳发出凄厉的惨叫她的眉心前有一只手,将一枚血色的眼睛生生从她眉心抽出

@LIFE_OF_KING

呪術師の等級

最高位は1級であり、特級は異常事態。高専の正式な手続きを踏んではいないが、協力関係にある術師には「特別」等級が付与される。

Grades of Spellcasters.

The highest grade is the first grade, while special grades are an anomaly. Despite not following formal procedures of any technical colleges, sorcerers who cooperate with each other can be given a "special" grade.

@ThatOneMofo

Original:

ディメンションホールを探し出せ!

スーパー能力は、ふだんは壊せない地形やブロックも破壊できる。破壊でるが、スーパー能力自体、使えるステージが決まっているため、あまり気にする必要はない。しかし、スーパー能力の使えるステージには、必ず異空間への入口であるディメンションホールが隠されている。この異空間には必ずエナジースフィアがあるので、完全クリアを自指すにはディメンションホールの発見が欠かせないのだ。壊せる地形を見つけたら、ディメンションホールを探し出そう!

○スーパー能力には時間制限があるが、地形やしかけをすには十分だ。

○異空間にはスフィアローバーがいる。たおしてエナジースフィアを手に入れよう。

Rough Translation:

Find the Dimensional Hole!

The super ability can destroy terrain and blocks that are normally impossible to destroy. You don't need to worry too much about destroying them, because the super ability itself can be used on certain stages. However, in every stage where you can use your super ability, there is always a hidden dimension hole that is the entrance to another dimension. Since there is always an Energy Sphere in this other dimension, finding the dimension hole is essential to clearing the stage completely. When you find a terrain that can be destroyed, try to find the dimension hole!

-The super ability has a time limit, but it's enough to find the terrain and traps.

-There is a Sphere Doomer in the other dimension. Try to defeat them to get the Energy Sphere.

I'm working on a Pokémon Blog and wanted to be sure if the English translation of a scene works well in the possibilities of what the Japanese text meant.

One of the many myths about the God-like Pokémon states the following about Palkia
The birth of PALKIA. The creator of parallel dimensions... Alive, yet not alive... Everything drifts in space... To arrive in the same universe. It is the blessing of PALKIA.

Another one says

"Space is ever-expanding dimensions... Our spirits, too, are as space...."

In the English version Palkia is said to be "master of space and dimensions", while in the Japanese version he's simply called "The Mythical Pokémon, Palkia, that governs space". I think that the reason for that is that the Japanese word used for space (空間, kūkan) is often used in the same series (Mostly in relation to Palkia) to refer to alternate dimensions as part of "space". So the English adaptation makes sense, yet I would like to know if the original text has the same implications as the English translation, even taking in consideration the possibility that "space" means alternate dimensions.

These are the original scans. The first scans in the same place refer to the first statement, the second one is the other one.

It seems that the transcription is like this. I did a small change, I completed the name of the character because it's incomplete in the game (As of now) in order to build up mystery.

うみだされし パルキア...
いくつかの くうかんを つくりだす
いきていても
そうでなく……
おなじ くうかんに たどりつ...
それは パルキア...の おかげだ

The second is

くうかんとは すべての ひろがり

そして こころも くうかん...

I assume that the lack of kanji might make this a bit hard to do, luckily the manga adaptation has the same text, but with with kanji. So I think it works better now ? This is the raw, the transcription is

「生み出されしパルキア… いくつかの空間を作り出す」

「生きていてもそうてなくても同じ空間という…」

「それはパルキア……のおかげだ」

I checked lots of original text and I'm sure that most of the time, Palkia is always said to be "Ruler of Space/空間" and the english text always translates it as "space and dimensions"

So the text that has the highest change of giving a good explanation if it's really supposed to mean alternate universes, is the one of the statue, mainly the

いくつかの くうかんを つくりだす / いくつかの空間を作り出す

So, I would like to know if that line of text can really be talking about multiple spaces. Machine translation gives me "creator of several spaces", but I'm never sure if this is a correct translation or is more talking about the size of the universe or something like that.

I don't want to take a lot of unnecessary time making you read all of this context that I do think isn't going to help a lot, so if you don't have enough time to read all the text, it's basically a translation to know if the "creator of several spaces" is a valid translation

The in-game text

うみだされし パルキア...
いくつかの くうかんを つくりだす
いきていても
そうでなく……
おなじ くうかんに たどりつ...
それは パルキア...の おかげだ

The manga text

「生み出されしパルキア… いくつかの空間を作り出す」

「生きていてもそうてなくても同じ空間という…」

「それはパルキア……のおかげだ」

I'm sure they are the same text and the manga simply used some kanji, something that might help (The transcription might have some mistakes, so if something is wrong you can check the scans).

There's a second text from the game, don't know if it's possible to have a good translation

くうかんとは すべての ひろがり

そして こころも くうかん...

For comparison the English translation says "Space is ever-expanding dimensions... Our spirits, too, are as space...."

Sorry for writing a lot, I like to give as much context as possible.

@Executor_N0

In-game text:

Palkia's birth...
It created many spaces.
Alive or not...
Everything leads to the same space...
All thanks to the aid of Palkia.

Manga text:

"Palkia the creator...created several spaces."

"These spaces can be said to be the same whether you are alive or not"

"All thanks to Palkia's aid"

Extra text:

"All of space is ever-expanding... And so too our minds"

I don't see anything that much different from each other in all of this.

Back