• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

going to ask a favor, can someone confirm if this is correct:
Looking at the raws it says that with Reio’s 全能の力 (omnipotent/almighty power) the universe was created. The kanji used for “almighty” to describe Reio’s power is 全能, the kanji used for the schrift “The Almighty” is 全知全能 (the furigana in that scan is “ji oorumaiti” aka The Almighty). They are not the same.
HigherSky_Bleach_v67_Digital-Colored-HD_149.jpg
image0.jpg

@Cyberblader90

According to a Chinese dictionary, 全知全能 is some word that means "omniscience and omnipotence". The furigana simplfies it to being Almighty but knowing how it works and its functions from the manga alone isn't far off to the word used under it.

As for the second image:

後に霊王と呼ばれる男。
その全能の力を『楔』として、五人は新たな世界の基盤を創り上げた。
尸魂界 (ソウル・ソサエテイ)、現世、虚圏 (ウエコムンド)。
魂に生と死の区切りをつけ、その循環をもってして世界を新たな段階に引き上げたのだ。
いつしか、世界を管理する者達はこう呼ばれるようになった。
即ち―『死神』と。

The man who would later be called the Spirit King.
Using his almighty power as a "lynchpin", the five of them created the foundation of a new world.
The Dead Spirit World (Soul Society), this world, and the Hollow Sphere (Hueco Mundo).
They separated life and death in the soul, and with this cycle, they raised the world to a new stage.
Somewhere along the line, there came to known of people in charge of the world...
That is, the "Shinigami".

I got something like this.

Whether or not it's the same is beyond me. I'm only explaining what I see, learn, and tell here. If you do split 全知全能 in half, it'll be pretty much the same but without "all knowing/omniscience" and "all powerful (mighty)/onmipotence" in the same line or wording.

Although given that ジ・オールマイティ/Ji Ōrumaiti/The Almighty is used with 全知全能, that can be one clue as to how Rei-o's power was used to help create the current Bleach universe but that is just my thought there. I don't really have much else with Bleach given I only read the manga and stopped from there.

@Ehnkr2beboh Here's what I got.

Original:

ここは私の中にある異空間 (いくうかん)

ここで転生の儀式を行うのは・・・

Rough Translation:

This is another dimension inside of me.

It is here that I perform the reincarnation ritual.

異空間/いくうかん/Ikuukan Can mean a different/unusual space or other dimension according to my findings. I put another dimension there just for sentence flow sakes but pick your poison on either meanings to it.

I need a translation of this, sorry for the length, the most important part is that in the bottom where all that process is explained.

Last edited:
@SamanPatou

Original:

バチの一生

成長のしかた

えものをみつけ。はりをさし。動けなくしてから卵さうみつけます。そして客ロウでかためます

おなかがいっぱいになたので、ねむりますサナギはも

元気になっやぶっていよいよ仲間のところへ… 巣にはたくさんの仲間と1匹の女王さまがます

Rough TL:

The life of a bee

How it grows

I find prey and sting them. After leaving them immobile, The egg is laid. Then I cover them in wax.

After my belly is filled up, I go into slumber.

I'm back on my feet and ready to go with my friends... The queen has lots of them in the hive.

Pretty morbid way to go out like that...

This should be it, with only the last two chars in 4 being a guess of what characters I can assume they are. I left out 2 because it's just her eating them out...PAUSE on that one.

requesting a translation of what shimon is saying because i think crunchyroll's translation are iffy and it's been debated in the exodia crt for a long time so please end my suffering

first statment is from 0:00 to 0:12 the
2nd one is from 0:54 to 1:18

bumping this because the debate is still going

@Zencha9 Is there a site where I can watch any of the episodes in Japanese with the JP subs? That might help get it going faster wit what you're doing...

Been trying to find one but I have no luck for me to help confirm any of this.

Hello, I'm going to do a Digimon Canon/Continuity/Lore blog, and there are two statements that I would like to have translated, since nobody has translated them before.

The first is from a interview about Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode

羽生:そもそも『デジモン』という世界観があって、そこから逸脱するわけにはいかないので、物語作りが難しい部分はあります。例えば3DS版ではX抗体や七大魔王が登場するシナリオがありますが、そういった要素の基本設定はもともと存在しているので、勝手に変えるわけにはいきません。

とはいえ、PSP版ではオリジナル設定をメインにしたシナリオだったのに対して、3DS版ではおなじみの設定を組み込むことができたので、よりシナリオが広がる形で楽しめようになったと思います。

I get from machine translation that Habu is talking about if they have something that is an already established lore/setting then they can't change that without good reason, and that is why they had problems with the stories with already existing elements, and not the original story. But sometimes the translation isn't clear enough, so I would like a more correct translation of that.

The other is from the "Digimon Super Xros Wars" games about the scenario of the game, the Digital World.

ちなみにデジモンクロスウォーズとは,2010年夏から始まったテレビアニメシリーズで,中学1年生の工藤タイキを主人公に,彼と仲間達の活躍が描かれる。舞台となるのはおなじみのデジタルワールドで,これまでの「進化」から「合体」(デジクロス)によるパワーアップが中心になるなど,従来作の設定とはいろいろ異なっている。

The beginning is talking about the anime (Since the game takes place in the world of the anime), I'm interested in the second part where it talks about the setting being the "Digital World". Machine translation gives mixed results, sometimes saying it's the Digital World we are familiar with, but with some changes in the settings/rules/lore, while others says it's a Digital World that is different from the previous ones. Maybe it's vague and that is why there are mixed results, so a better translation would be good.

@Zencha9 Is there a site where I can watch any of the episodes in Japanese with the JP subs? That might help get it going faster wit what you're doing...

Been trying to find one but I have no luck for me to help confirm any of this.
i'll try but in case i don't find in japanese i'll give you the series's name and episode number and you could maybe find a site that pirates it or something like that
anyways it's Yu-Gi-Oh! EP 216: Legendary Protector Exodia Resurrects
yugioh in japanese is = 遊☆戯☆王
but you could remove the stars if it helps

Yeah I seriously need some subs (in Jap obviously) to work with so I can better know what characters are being used. Either that or I'll have to hold off all other requests just to learn by pure sound alone and that would take me all day to do that lol

@Nullflowerblush

"The god of destruction who maintains the balance of the world. Once he gets into a bad mood, he destroys the surrounding stars (星/ほし) and life (生命/せいめい) with his overwhelming power. He has a keen eye for good food. He seems to be searching for the Super Saiyan God he saw in his dream, who could be his rival..."

Is this really what's used as part of his current tier? Seems like the old Battle of Gods stuff that was initially established for him if I remember the movie right back then.

Also, that link (the second one) used is broken. I can't see what's actually said there. If it's the same as the link to the first one, I got this in a Gyazo scan.

Last edited:
@SamanPatou

Original:

バチの一生

成長のしかた

えものをみつけ。はりをさし。動けなくしてから卵さうみつけます。そして客ロウでかためます

おなかがいっぱいになたので、ねむりますサナギはも

元気になっやぶっていよいよ仲間のところへ… 巣にはたくさんの仲間と1匹の女王さまがます

Rough TL:

The life of a bee

How it grows

I find prey and sting them. After leaving them immobile, The egg is laid. Then I cover them in wax.

After my belly is filled up, I go into slumber.

I'm back on my feet and ready to go with my friends... The queen has lots of them in the hive.

Pretty morbid way to go out like that...

This should be it, with only the last two chars in 4 being a guess of what characters I can assume they are. I left out 2 because it's just her eating them out...PAUSE on that one.
Thank you,, and yes, that's very morbid indeed and the explanation of this. Just a thing, is it possible to get if the character that lays the egg and that borns is the same or are two different ones?

@Nullflowerblush That is a bad translation then. Sekai/世界 generally means world but it can also mean universe too. Given Beerus role in Dragon Ball world, I don't see anything wrong not to refer to world as the actual universe itself. Thing is, nothing says that he can destroy the entire universe. It just says he only destroys the surrounding stars (or planets probably even since Hoshi means planet and star) and life, nothing about completely destroying the entire universe.

@SamanPatou Hmm. Darkstalkers wiki (credible info to go to, I know) seem to point out that whoever is the current Q-Bee goes on to find prey to raise a new Q-Bee.

Admittedly the bottom text stuff didn't really make it clear in the scans given but I think they're two different characters then? Because you have one Q Bee outside while another is already inside the wax-stunged victim...if that makes any sense?

Eh, the universe-shaking feat from a suppressed Beerus is still solid, so it’s safe to assume it’s supposed to be universe.

@Axxtentacle Point. I'm just going by what the text is literally giving me. It might not be so much as being "bad", but just put in a different way from JAP to ENG.

With what I've heard of DBS, maybe that could be what's referred to in this case.

@SamanPatou Hmm. Darkstalkers wiki (credible info to go to, I know) seem to point out that whoever is the current Q-Bee goes on to find prey to raise a new Q-Bee.

Admittedly the bottom text stuff didn't really make it clear in the scans given but I think they're two different characters then? Because you have one Q Bee outside while another is already inside the wax-stunged victim...if that makes any sense?
Yes, that's also supported by official material, that basically the Queen is the leader and has the duty to raise the new queen once she borns. My curiosity came out of that attack I linked, because in the game the Bee who laid the egg dies and the new one comes out from the wax cocoon. I needed to either label this as immortality type 6 (parasitic) or some kind of duplication, but I guess the second is best, as it seems an entirely new Q-Bee (as simple and hive-minded creatures, it doesn't make that much of a difference at the end tbh).

@Executor_N0

First One:

Hanyū: In the first place, there is a world view called "Digimon" so there are some parts where it is difficult to make a story and thus cannot deviate from it. For example, in the 3DS version, there are scenarios where X Antibody and the Seven Great Demon Kings appear, but since the basic settings for such elements already exist, we couldn't just change them voluntarily.

However, while the PSP version was mainly based on the original settings, the 3DS version was able to incorporate familiar settings so I think the scenario can be enjoyed in a broader form.

Second One:

Incidentally, Digimon Cross Wars is a TV anime series that started in the summer of 2010, featuring first-year middle school student Taiki Kudō and his friends. The story takes place in the familiar digital world, and it differs from the previous series in many ways, such as the focus on power-up through "Fusion" (Digicross) instead of "Evolution".

Something like this is a little better?

Thank you again, whenever you get time could you tell me what's written in the remaining part of the image? I'm fairly sure the upper right says how the human eyes are fake and the discs are the actual ones (it seemingly says something about the antennae too), while the center-left talks about the honey capsule that queens have (stuff confirmed by other official guides) but the rest could say something interesting about her physiology.

Back