• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

この 老いぼれに
また力を貸してくれるか?

"I am an old man now.
May you lend me your power once more?"

Something like this.
I have a slight gripe with the nuance of this translation. "I am an old man now" isn't really correct in this context. Because "Now" should be 今 and not この. この means "this" and if it's I am, a state of being it should be である or であります (formal).

老いぼれ means "senile only man" or "feeble minded old man", but I think old decrepit fool sounds better in this translation.
The bottom bit is correct but I think this sounds a bit better in my opinion.
"I am asking you to lend your power to this old decrepit fool once again"
or
"I am asking you once more to lend your power to this old decrepit fool "

I think this sounds more poetic.

@Chasekilleen Makes sense. Although tbf, I was doing it by how the subtitles structured it in the scan, so it would look really rough there.

Yours is just as well if not better when you put the whole passage together in one line, so that can work as well.

@Chasekilleen Makes sense. Although tbf, I was doing it by how the subtitles structured it in the scan, so it would look really rough there.

Yours is just as well if not better when you put the whole passage together in one line, so that can work as well.
Understandable how you were structuring the sentence in the way the how the subtitle was shown.
I used to struggle a bit with Japanese because I used to make sense of Japanese structure in the same way as I would speak English and that really confused me a lot and that frustrated me. I think the biggest problem with conventional text books is that it teaches you Japanese in a Western way and not in a proper Japanese way.
Cure Dolly channel on YouTube has helped me a lot.

But I think helping each other is the key, I am no means perfect, I can still can get things wrong and mistranslate some parts here and there (one of the reasons why I have delayed KKK) but that's why practice makes perfect. 頑張って!!

Oh well, per CRT request I need a translation of around this timeframe (8:16:24) to the video time of around 8:18:55 (Aka, about two minutes later on)
As it's a cutscene and not a simple wall of text (beyond the in-game subtitles), I would like if the translation was translated so it specifies who is saying what, for those not into the series, the one in blue and transparent is Sora, the other one is Chirithy, as he says.
It was this, BTW

@Bobsican

Aye. I actually completed it yesterday but wanted to check in with you on it.

Regarding the whole two minutes, pretty much everything is remotely the same as what the ENG version said between Chirithy(?) and Sora. The one thing that's different is this passage here.

[チリシィ] いや 実際には違うけどね 形式上そう言っただけで

[Chirithy] No. I don't mean it literally. I meant it formally.

形式上/けいしきじょう/Keishiki-jō means something like like "in form; ceremonial; for form's sake; pro forma" according to Jisho and another dictionary site I had to use to make sure I was reading the word right.

Basically it seems that the way Chirithy was talking about Sora's state in the Final World about being in pieces is saying it as a formal way of saying Sora's in pieces. Not sure how the translators got "conceptually in pieces" tbh. I guess trying to put Keishiki-jō in a way that it could be used wouldn't fit right or make enough sense to explain Sora's state in the Final World?

IDK, but that's pretty much what I've got that seems notable to let you know.

Last edited:
@Qliphoth_Bacikal If I may just interject on this quote:
[チリシィ] いや 実際には違うけどね 形式上そう言っただけで

[Chirithy] No. I don't mean it literally. I meant it formally.
I think this sounds a bit better:
"No, however in reality it is different, I merely said that for formality/for form sake"
Wait what was the context of this quote and would you happen to have the link for it? It's kinda hard to understand it from that tiny bit of quote.

image0.jpg

can i get this translated

"No, however in reality it is different, I merely said that for formality/for form sake"
Wait what was the context of this quote and would you happen to have the link for it? It's kinda hard to understand it from that tiny bit of quote.

It's from @Bobsican last comment on this video here. The specific line I got is around 8:18:10.

Would "formality/for form sake" be translated better as just "figuratively"? At least in meaning I guess.

@Cyberblader90

絶対零度鹿王 (ろくおう)

ブリザック・スタグロフ

捕らえたレジスタンスを尋問と称して破壊することに喜びを感じる冷酷なミュートスレプリロイド。あらゆる物質を原子凝縮させる超低温の冷気を生みだす能力は、海水を永久氷壁に変えてしまう程の威力をもつ。

Absolute Zero Deer King

Blizzack Staggroff

A cruel Mutos Reploid who takes pleasure in destroying captured resistance fighters under the guise of interrogation. His ability to produce extremely low-temperature cold air that condenses all matter into atoms is so powerful that it can turn seawater into a permanent ice wall.

Something like this?

@Bobsican Ngl, I was actually curious about this when KH3 first came out and saw something brought up about this in the Jap version but at the time I didn't even know enough Japanese (more like not even know any of it lol) until later.

I guess to me, Chirithy is speaking of Sora's shattered pieces state in the Final World as being figurative? Maybe? 形式上 is a term I haven't come across before but given its possible meanings, I would assume that's what the small critter would be referring to.

I'm just merely going off by what the term of the Kanji in question in the OG Jap version is using.

@Bobsican Ngl, I was actually curious about this when KH3 first came out and saw something brought up about this in the Jap version but at the time I didn't even know enough Japanese (more like not even know any of it lol) until later.

I guess to me, Chirithy is speaking of Sora's shattered pieces state in the Final World as being figurative? Maybe? 形式上 is a term I haven't come across before but given its possible meanings, I would assume that's what the small critter would be referring to.

I'm just merely going off by what the term of the Kanji in question in the OG Jap version is using.
Well, the CRT is basically discarding the conceptual stuff as it seems to not be valid then, but if you think the semantics can be pushed for it then it would be nice if you gave further thoughts in that thread.

I think I translated this on Comicvine before:
"Eat up all the lives of the multitude of stars floating in this universe. Until the time comes, if you continue to do you'll advance into an unparalleled unique existence. Until the moment you become God"

I am currently a bit tired so maybe someone can correct with if some of the nuances are not correct.
xTAQlD.jpg

Could you please translate this panel completely?

Last edited:
Doing manga panels are weird when you never know when you have to end a line in a bubble or not...

そして喰らい尽くせ……

この宇宙に浮かぶ数多の星々の命を…

絶えず進化を、続けろ…

比類なき唯一無二の存在…

「神」となるその時まで

To devour the lives of the many stars in this universe. To continually evolve into an unparalleled, unique existence. Until the day you become "God".

IDK, maybe something like this if I'm using just about all the literal meanings of each line?

Devouring stars in universe and evolving are there so it checks out enough methinks, perhaps.

Is anyone willing to translate the below Chinese segment?

在这句话传出的瞬间,这城池内,五世天族的议事堂内,正在彼此焦急惊恐的众人中,李家的现任家主,还有其旁三个家族的长老,都在这一瞬身体猛地震颤,眼睛睁大间话语都来不及说出,身体就好似泄了气的皮球,直接就干瘪下来,接着瞬间化作乌有,如被抹去,形神俱灭

在这句话传出的瞬间,这城池内,五世天族的议事堂内,正在彼此焦急惊恐的众人中,李家的现任家主,还有其旁三个家族的长老,都在这一瞬身体猛地震颤,眼睛睁大间话语都来不及说出,身体就好似泄了气的皮球,直接就干瘪下来,接着瞬间化作乌有,如被抹去,形神俱灭
在这句话传出的瞬间, 这城池内,五世天族的议事堂内,
正在彼此焦急惊恐的众人中,
李家的现任家主,
还有其旁三个家族的长老,
都在这一瞬身体猛地震颤,

眼睛睁大间话语都来不及说出,
就好似泄了气的皮球,
直接就干瘪下来,
接着瞬间化作乌有,
g如被抹去, 形神俱灭

It says:
"The instant when this sentence came out, in the hall of the Fifth Heavenly Clan of this city, the people that are currently anxious and afraid amongst each other.
The current head of the Li family and the elders of the three families that are beside him all had their bodies suddenly tremble in an instant.
Their eyes were wide open and before they utter a single word, their bodies have been fully deflated just like a ball, all of them have been immediately shrivelled up, subsequently became non-existent in an instant, albeit erased. Their bodies and souls entirely extinguished."

Jesus Christ has my Chinese become rusty, this is the best I can for you. Some bits can be weirdly translated but hopefully it somewhat makes sense. Oh and WTF is with the punctuations? It gives me a mini stroke.

Last edited:
image0.png

Can anyone please translate the bottom right paragraph? Thank you!

バグホール

(持)グラビディ・ピートブード

(弱)エクスプローズ・ホーネック

小型のブラックホールを発生させて、敵や,敵からの攻撃の弾を亜空間(この世界とは次元のちがう空間)にすいこませてしまう。

タメ撃ちは重力反転をおこす!

Bughole

(Draw) Gravity Beetbood

(Weak) Explose Horneck

It creates a small black hole that causes enemies and their projectiles to be sucked into subspace (a space that is dimensionally different from this world).

By shooting at the target, it will cause gravity to go in reverse!

@Migue79 Something like this is what I got.

requesting a translation for this

starts at 3:28 ends in 3:34

context: honest (a character from the duel monsters world) is talking about how darkness was small but spreading out to the other duel monster worlds
and i want to figure how many duel monster worlds there are if he mentions any of them
edit: because in the CR sub it says that darkness exists between the boundaries of various worlds and i want to make sure if "various" is the correct translation
937a28516dc0ecf8769674164e52602d.png

Last edited:
バグホール

(持)グラビディ・ピートブード

(弱)エクスプローズ・ホーネック

小型のブラックホールを発生させて、敵や,敵からの攻撃の弾を亜空間(この世界とは次元のちがう空間)にすいこませてしまう。

タメ撃ちは重力反転をおこす!

Bughole

(Draw) Gravity Beetbood

(Weak) Explose Horneck

It creates a small black hole that causes enemies and their projectiles to be sucked into subspace (a space that is dimensionally different from this world).

By shooting at the target, it will cause gravity to go in reverse!

@Migue79 Something like this is what I got.
Man... Seems like X is losing one of his real black holes... But ngl this is a trade I'll take. BFR's a great ability. 👀

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Thank you very much once again!

@Zencha9 Here's what I got.

暗黒の世界はもともといろいろな世界を結ぶ次元の隙間に小さく存在していた

"The world of darkness originally existed in a gap in the dimension connecting various worlds."

In that scene duration you pinpointed, he says nothing about how many there are, just that there are various worlds connected by a dimension.

@Zencha9

If it's related to the Multiverse Theory thing from earlier, sure? ^^;

I somewhat recall that saying various or whatever without any further context would be 2-C, but if it's in any relation to the Multiverse Theory of YuGiOh you posted, it would be supportive or some such I assume?

@Zencha9

If it's related to the Multiverse Theory thing from earlier, sure? ^^;

I somewhat recall that saying various or whatever without any further context would be 2-C, but if it's in any relation to the Multiverse Theory of YuGiOh you posted, it would be supportive or some such I assume?
that was the manga now i'm hunting for the anime and trying to find the Multiverse's size (manga and anime are different canons)
in the anime we know that there's at least 12 worlds in the spirit world and there's some time traveling stuff in the anime but that's in later seasons
so i tried to see if this scene actually said "countless" or something similar because CR sometimes ***** up the translations for yugioh but it's actually the same
so wish me luck because i'll keep trying to find new bullshit to make yugioh 2-B or 2-A by using the most bullshit arguments ever made by man

Back