• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

Oh that makes a lot of sense now.

Unless I messed up, it still says something about his eyes shooting light and then attacking his foes after with some strong attacks by sending out sparks.

Maybe that’s what it is?
I found a clearer translation and tried it on my own, it basically says that. So you were right.

Thank you!

Could someone translate the text on the right?:
kHTlMr3.png

二つの実りの能力を得る。
秘密は肉体の異形。ゆえか。

Gain the ability to bear two fruits.
A secret of the body's abnormality.

Something like this?

I have a feeling Teach's method for being able to steal the Gura Gura no Mi is still unknown at this point.
Most of his vivre card talks about body abnormalities.
If you're curious, here's his full card.
IwdyfMP.jpg

You need to insert links to external scans hosted at Imgur or similar, as we don't dare to risk hosting lots of copyrighted images in this forum.

Sorry for the long wait. Forgot this was requested. Seeing as there's a light here, and with how I do things, I'll do a couple at a time so as to not make either a long post or multiple. I should note that the links are sometimes hard to access cuz of server connections or something so it probably would be a good idea to actually find a way to upload them where I can see it.

Anywho, here's the first set--

不二子の説明に阿九斗はうなずき、遠くを指さした。

「しかし、こちらの世界はマナに満ちている。どこまでも、ね」

阿九斗は視界を遠くへ伸ばす。カメラ的に言えば、ズームしていく。その映像はスクリーンに映し出されて不二子にも見える。

「え? これはなかなかすごいですわね……」

不二子が目を見開いた。

ズームしていく映像は、街を抜け、その先の地平線まで見通し、さらにその先へと続いている。地平線の先、つまり、空だ。

空はスクリーン一杯に広がり、視界は青一色に。やがてそれは雲を抜けたために、一瞬だけ白くなり、ぐいぐいとその暗さを増していく。視界は宇宙へ抜け、やがて、消えた。

「消えた?」

不二子がそうつぶやいた次の瞬間、視界は再び闇に。そして、今度は先ほどまでとは逆の光景が映し出される。地球が拡大され、やがて視界は青く。そして……。

「わたくしたちの背中……!」

その言葉通り、スクリーンには阿九斗と不二子の背中が映し出されていた。それが阿九斗の視界とイコールだということは…。

Akuto (阿九斗) nodded at Fujiko's (不二子) explanation and pointed into the distance.

"But this world is full of mana. There is no end to it."

Akuto expanded his vision out into the distance. In camera terms, he zoomed in. The image was projected on the screen for Fujiko to see.

"Ho? This is quite amazing..."

Fujiko's eyes widened.

The image zooms in and out of the city, to the horizon, and beyond. Beyond the horizon, in other words, the sky.

The sky filled the screen, and their vision became all blue. Eventually, it turned white for a moment as it breaks through the clouds, and then it gets darker and darker. The vision went into space and then, it disappeared.

"It's gone?"

Fujiko uttered, and the next moment, the vision went dark again. This time, the scene was the opposite of what she had just seen. The earth (地球) expands, and then the vision turns blue. And...

"Behind us...!"

Just as she had said, Akuto and Fujiko's backs were shown on the screen. The fact that it was the same vision as Akuto's...

-Follow up...

「これ、今のわたくしたちですの?」

不二子は右手を振ってみた。同じように映像の中の不二子の腕も動く。

「うん。今、の僕の視界なんだ。少し前から気づいてはいたんだ」

阿九斗は左腕を動かした。

「これがどういう意味を持っている、と?」

「生きている時にいた世界が虚構のものなら、死後の世界も同様に虚構。それなら、その違いは何か?って考えた。そして出た結論が、外側との壁があるかどうか、なんだ」

阿九斗は説明した。

「生きている時の世界が、外側との壁がある世界。そして、ここは壁がない。三次元上下左右どこに向かっても元のところに戻ってくる空間になっている。どこまでも行けるけど、有限、という具合」

「理屈はわかりますわ。しかし、それがどういう意味を持っているのか……」

不二子の質問に、阿九斗は「わからない」と首を振った。

「それでも、確証はないまま言えることは、虚構にしても、外部を持つ虚構と内部しかない虚構があるってことさ。そして内部しかない虚構は……誰かを主人公にし、誰かを背景にしている。僕らのすることは上手くいくだろうさ。ここではね」

"Is that us now?"

Fujiko waved her right hand. The same goes for Fujiko's arm in the image.

"Yes. This is my vision right now. I've been aware of this for some time..."

Akuto moved his left arm.

"What do you think this means?"

"If the world we were in when we were alive is fictional (虚構), then the world after death is fictional as well. So then what's the difference? I thought about it, and I came to the conclusion that the difference is whether or not there is a wall (壁) between us and outside (外側)."

Akuto explained.

"The world we live in is the one with a wall between us and outside, and this place has no wall. It's a three-dimensional space where no matter where you go, up, down, left or right, you come back where you started. You can go anywhere you want, but it's finite (有限)..."

"I understand your reasoning, but what does it mean?..."

When asked by Fujiko, Akuto shook his head saying, "I don't know."

"Still, what I can tell you without a doubt that there are some fictions that have an outside and some that only have an inside (内部). And the fiction with only an inside makes someone the protagonist and another the background. What we do is going to work. Here."

@Yar_R_agi_7k Alright, here's the second batch:

無数の宇宙

可能性をすべて開いてしまったことが、間違いだったのかもしれない。

空間こそ有限であり、キャラクターこそ有限ではある、その組み合わせは無限となる。

可能性を開く、ということは、概念としてだけでなく、実際に阿九斗の内にあったはずの世界の壁すら解放してしまったことを指す。

阿九斗の中にさらなる宇宙が誕生したことに等しい。

もちろん、その道具立ては阿九斗の内面に留まらなかった。

つまり、外宇宙の神々のことだ。

それすら物語の可能性となった。

結果として、すべての物語は混乱した。

物語の混乱とは、いかなる状況を言うのか?

その答えは、やはり昔からあるとある物語の中に含まれていた。

『バベルの塔』である。

Innumerable Universes

Perhaps it was a mistake in opening up all possibilities (可能性).

Space and characters are finite, yet their combinations are infinite (無限).

To open up possibilities is not only a concept (概念), but it means to actually release the walls of the world that should have been within Akuto.

It is no different than the birth of a universe (宇宙) inside Akuto.

Of course, the preparation tools are not limited within Akuto.

That being the gods of outer space (外宇宙).

Even that was a story (物語) possibility.

Because of this, all stories are in chaos (混乱).

What sort of situation can cause chaotic stories to be led to?

The answer lay still within one of the oldest stories of all time--

'The Tale of Babel'.

それまでは「我々は物語を共有していた」と言える。

彼らは役割を演じていたようなものだ。だからこそ、世界は阿九斗以外の物語への介入を許さなかったのだ。

では、人々が物語を共有しなくなったなら?

答えは混乱である。

外宇宙の神々とは、それぞれ独自の物語を内包した、いわばそれぞれが主人公であった。

複数の主人公が、同じ空間でそれぞれ物語を進めようと試みたのだ。

それは、騒乱ではあったかもしれないが、争いではなかった。主導権を奪おうとする"強い"物語だけでなく、弱い。物語さえもそこには含まれていたからだ。

やっかいなことに物語の強弱は、大きさとは別種のものであった。弱く、大きいものは日常を駆動させた。強く、小さいものは異常を駆動させた。

世界の成り立ちを説明し、人々の同一性を意識させる概念ともいえるものは大きいが、日常の中に溶けて気づかれぬこともあった。個々の生の物語は強く心に刻まれたが、それは当然ながら個々人のものに留まった。

個人。

Until then, one could say that "we were sharing a story".

It was like they were playing a role. That is why the world did not permit anyone but Akuto to intervene in the story.

So, what happens when the people no longer share a story?

The answer is chaos.

The gods of outer space were all protagonists, each with their own story to tell.

Multiple protagonists that attempted to tell their story in the same space.

It may have been mayhem, but it was not a conflict, for it not only contained the "strong" stories that sought to take the initiative, but also "weak" stories.

The trouble was that the strength of a story was not the same as its size (大きさ). The weak, large ones were the driving force of the ordinary. The strong, small ones the driving force of the abnormal.

The concepts that explained the origins of the world and made people aware of their identity were significant, but sometimes they dissolve into the ordinary and go unnoticed. The stories of individual lives were strongly etched in our minds, but they naturally remained individual.

Individual.

ここにあって、人類ははじめて"個"となった。言葉は通じて、物語を天有していない以上は、そこに関係性は産まれなかった。友人、敵はおろか、他人という関係性さえも成立しない。

可能性を無限にしたなら、即座に物語は不能となった。

無数の孤独。

一人称。

それでも物語、いや、それ以前のものをはじめる。

暗間に寝ている。いや、転がっている。投げ出されている。何もしていない。

声が聞こえる。

遠い。いや、近い。わからない。

声は誰に呼びかけているのか? 自分にか? それとも別の誰かが?

Here, for the first time, human beings became "individuals". We could communicate with each other through language, but as long as we didn't have a story to tell, there was no relationship between us. Not to mention friends, enemies, even strangers, no relationship can be established.

If you make the possibilities infinite, the story immediately becomes impossible.

There would be innumerable isolation.

A singular person.

And yet, I begin a story, or rather, something before that.

I'm sleeping in the dark. No, I was tumbling out. Thrown down. Yet I did not do anything.

I hear voices.

They are distant. No, it was close. I wasn't sure.

Who is the voice calling out to? To me? Or to someone else?

Can someone translate this?
「セラの場合は殻にはばまれて〈EGG〉内で拡散が止まっていたが、俺はそれよりもっと広範囲に、次元を越えて拡大していた。量子的存在にとって、三次元はきわめて狭く限られた、低位の次元でしかない。あるいは次元という概念すら越えた、まったく未知の空間だったのかもしれない。

俺にも、よくはわからない――というより、説明する言葉がない。セラが〈神〉との交流の中身を大ざっぱな形でしか口にすることができないのと同じで、三次元の物理的肉体に存在が収斂した今は、三次元の言葉と概念しか扱うことができない。それ以上のことは、この物質界の物理法則に合わせたハードウェアの能力を超える」

"For Sera, the diffusion stopped within the <EGG> due to the shell, but for me, it was much more vast than that, expanding across dimensions (次元). For a Quantum Being (量子的存在), the third dimension is nothing more than a very narrow, limited, lower dimension. Or perhaps it was a completely unknown space, beyond even the concept of dimensions.

I didn't know nor did I have the words to explain it. Just as Sera can only roughly describe the contents of her interaction with <God>, now that her existence has converged into a three-dimensional physical body, she can only handle three-dimensional words and concepts. Anything beyond that is beyond the ability of the hardware to conform to the physical laws (物理法) of this material world (物質界)."

Devil_May_Cry_Memorial_Album_Precious_Tears_Page_177_Image_0001.png

i can i get the op left text translated
脱出する術を失ったダンテは、巨大な殺意が迫っていることに気付いた。

...ムンドゥス。

それは粉う方なき、破滅したはずの魔帝であった。

As Dante lost his means of escape, he noticed an enormous intent to kill was nearby.

...Mundus.

The Demon Emperor who was supposed to have been destroyed.

「セラの場合は殻にはばまれて〈EGG〉内で拡散が止まっていたが、俺はそれよりもっと広範囲に、次元を越えて拡大していた。量子的存在にとって、三次元はきわめて狭く限られた、低位の次元でしかない。あるいは次元という概念すら越えた、まったく未知の空間だったのかもしれない。

俺にも、よくはわからない――というより、説明する言葉がない。セラが〈神〉との交流の中身を大ざっぱな形でしか口にすることができないのと同じで、三次元の物理的肉体に存在が収斂した今は、三次元の言葉と概念しか扱うことができない。それ以上のことは、この物質界の物理法則に合わせたハードウェアの能力を超える」

"For Sera, the diffusion stopped within the <EGG> due to the shell, but for me, it was much more vast than that, expanding across dimensions (次元). For a Quantum Being (量子的存在), the third dimension is nothing more than a very narrow, limited, lower dimension. Or perhaps it was a completely unknown space, beyond even the concept of dimensions.

I didn't know nor did I have the words to explain it. Just as Sera can only roughly describe the contents of her interaction with <God>, now that her existence has converged into a three-dimensional physical body, she can only handle three-dimensional words and concepts. Anything beyond that is beyond the ability of the hardware to conform to the physical laws (物理法) of this material world (物質界)."
Awesome, thanks.

Could this be translated please?
Vv3CIwc.png

Some translations say "multiplied", some say "magnified", some say "tenfold", some say "tripled", some say "several times", I just wanna know what these say.

Last edited:
Could this be translated please?
Vv3CIwc.png

Some translations say "multiplied", some say "magnified", some say "tenfold", some say "tripled", I just wanna know what these say.
くそォ!!! あのボール野郎!
たかだかゴムが!!!

武装色で皮膚を固めて…!
張力を何倍もの力に引き上げてやがるんだ...‼

Dammit!!! That ball bastard!
He's all rubber!!!

I'm gonna have to harden my skin with Armament (武装色)!
Increase the tension manyfolds (何倍も)!!

くそォ!!! あのボール野郎!
たかだかゴムが!!!

武装色で皮膚を固めて…!
張力を何倍もの力に引き上げてやがるんだ...‼

Dammit!!! That ball bastard!
He's all rubber!!!

I'm gonna have to harden my skin with Armament (武装色)!
Increase the tension manyfolds (何倍も)!!
Manyfold? Very interesting. I might have to do some research to see how to numerically quantify "manyfold" though.

Thank you! This'll help a lot!

Nanbaimo/何倍も means that, yeah. The Bai/倍 part by itself means twice/double or times and fold. But put together with those characters mean manyfolds.

I think many times can also be used if it doesn't flow well with "folds". IDK how the translators got "tenfold" or "tripled" there. Probably because manyfolds is vague and can mean however many there is to something?

Nanbaimo/何倍も means that, yeah. The Bai/倍 part by itself means twice/double or times and fold. But put together with those characters mean manyfolds.
Gotcha
I think many times can also be used if it doesn't flow well with "folds". IDK how the translators got "tenfold" or "tripled" there. Probably because manyfolds is vague and can mean however many there is to something?
This makes sense. Many is usually taken as superior to "several" which is from 3-9, so they just probably thought tenfold. Thank you though!

First link:

淑恵は椅子に座らせた阿九斗の背中にしなだれかかっていた。

「ところでさ?」

「何? 重要な話をしているのに」

「重要な話だからこそ聞いてるのさ。どうして、僕の背中に抱きついて?」

「脇役というか、三人の女神を演じたご褒美としての役得を味わっているところ」

「色気の無い話をしてるってのに」

「女の子を撫でながら、普通の会話をするのって悪役っぽくてよくない?」

「まだ悪役なのかい?」

淑恵は阿九斗に頬をくすぐられて喜ぶ。

「ふふ……これからの役割が悪役でなくて、何なのさ?」

「だから、何をするってのさ? 僕の満足?」

「この世界を終わらせる.…でも、それは複雑な話になる。具体的には、この世界が何かって事を説明しないといけなくなるよね」

淑恵は解説をはじめる。

Yoshie (淑恵) was slumped over Akuto's back, who was sitting in a chair.

"By the way...?"

"Hmm? Is there something important you want to ask?"

"This is important for me to ask...why are you on my back?"

"I'm just enjoying the privilege of playing a minor role, or rather, that of the Three Goddesses."

"We're not talking about something sexual though?"

"But is it not a nice thing to pat a girl while being the villain?"

"Am I still a villain?"

Yoshie was delighted when Akuto tickled her cheek.

"Hmm...if not a villain, then what is my role?"

"What do you mean by that? Is this not satisfying to you?"

"The end of the world...that's a complicated story there. I want you to specifically tell me what this world is like."

Yoshie began to explain.

「それが間違いだって言いたいのか?」

ヒロシが聞くと、望一郎は肩をすくめた。

「本質的に間違いかどうかは難しいな。実際、ここは死後の世界で、ここは猶予、魔王が与えた人類に対する猶予そのもののような世界だからね。まだ終わってはいないんだ」

「だが、ここ、が終わりかもしれない。終わりが無いという終わりがあるのかもしれない。ここで永遠の時間が流れるという終わりが」

望一郎の言葉に、ヒロシはため息をついた。

「わけのわからない言い方をするもんじゃないって……」

「すまない。昔からこうだった。どうにもならない部分だ。私の知っている未来とは違う未来だが、結末は予測通りだったとも言えるんだ。君の知っている歴史において何が起こったかは知っている。私は外宇宙の神々と契約を結ぶべく、彼らの精神体であるザ・ワンと交渉を持った。彼も宇宙間で侵略を行わずに済む世界を望んでいたと思っていた」

ヒロシは意味を受け取ろうと努めた。要素を分解して考えれば、わからない内容ではな。

"Are you saying this is a mistake?"

Bouichirou (望一郎) shrugged as Hiroshi asked him a question.

"It's difficult to say if it's essentially a mistake. In fact, this is the afterlife (World after death/死後の世界), and this is a deferment. A kind of deferment for humanity given by the Demon Lord himself. It may not be over yet."

"But here, this may be the end. An end to that which has no end. An end to the eternal flow of time here."

Hiroshi sighed at Bouichirou's words.

"You couldn't have said it in a way I can understand, huh..."

"I'm sorry. I've always been like this. It's a part of me I can't help to manage. This future is different from the one I know, but I can say that the ending is predictable. I know of what happened in history as you know it. I have cooperated with The One, their spirit, to make a pact with the Gods of Outerspace. I would have thought he would desire for a world without an invasion in the universe."

Hiroshi tried to take in all of this meaning. By breaking down its elements, it wasn't difficult to understand.

Second Link:

望一郎が訂正する。

「少し違う。異次元と外宇宙は言葉の違いで同じものだ。異次元についてはよくわかっていない。おそらくは無数にあるのだろう…としか。だが、他は正しい分類だ。それらにはすべて自同律が助わっている。おそらくは、自同律が作ったと言ってもいい。そのため、理解については比較的容易だ」

「けーなちゃんが作った? だから、理解は可能って?」

「私にとっては、須藤理夢、だけどね。理解が可能というのは、この世界のあらましを簡単に説明できるということさ。私たちの宇宙は自同律が作ったという理解でいい」

「そんなに簡単に言い切っていいのか?そもそも時間を越えて歴史を変える話をしているんじゃなかったのか?」

ヒロシはいぶかしんだ。そもそもこの会話自体に何を求めているのかわからなくなってきていた。

その様子を見て、望一郎はくすりと笑う。

「時間を越えるなら、君には理解していて欲しいんだ。私たちの知識と、私たちの世界が矛盾していることに」

「また話が逸れていないか?」

Bouichirou corrects him.

"Not exactly. Another dimension (異次元) and Outer Space are the same thing, just different words. We don't know much about other dimensions, only that there are probably countless numbers (無数) of them. However, the others are classified correctly. Perhaps it is safe to say that they were created by The Law of Identity (自同律). Therefore, it is relatively easy to understand this."

"Keena-chan created them? So it's understandable?"

"For me and Rimu Sudou (須藤理夢), yes. But by understandable, I meant that I can explain the world in a simple way. You can say that our universe was created by the Law of Identity."

"That's easy to say? I thought we were talking about going through time and changing history."

Hiroshi was puzzled. He was starting to lose track of what he was looking for in this conversation in the first place.

Seeing the look he was having, Bouichirou smiled.

"If we're to go through time, I needed you to understand that our knowledge is inconsistent with our world."

"So we're going off on another tangent here?"

Btw, I should note that your last link is literally the same as the second image from the first link. DK if you meant that for the last one or tried to do another image but forgot.

Back