• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

How can I find force in newtons with this calculation?
You use F=MA. F is force in Newtons, M is mass, A is acceleration in m/s^2. To get m/s^2 you take the distance and divide it by the timeframe twice I believe and you just plug it in to get the newtons.

I don't really know the context of the scene but if they're basically pushing that much rock up at that speed it could probably be an LS feat

So

(33.3514306676)/(0.5×0.013^2) = 394691.4871905m/s^2

19603142.7201*394691.4871905 = 7.7371935538e+12 newtons (Class G)

Is that right?

I found this calculation when I was researching and used it as a basis. It is probably a more complete formula (?)
Maybe, I've only ever used distance/time^2 and I've been told that was correct though given the edit was suggested by a calc group member, I'd use that one instead so what you posted should be correct

Maybe, I've only ever used distance/time^2 and I've been told that was correct though given the edit was suggested by a calc group member, I'd use that one instead so what you posted should be correct
The equation used there comes from this kinematic equation:

Distance = (initial speed * time) + (0.5 * acceleration * time^2)

Initial speed is often 0 m/s (because the object starts at rest) so that first part is 0, so technically it's "Distance = 0.5 * acceleration * time^2" in those cases. You can solve for acceleration there (Acceleration = Distance / (0.5 * time^2))

My apologies, but can I get as many of you as I possibly can to join this thread in regards to calculations, please? I'm really searching for assistance here.

What temperature is required to vaporize metal instantaneously? I have seen some people say it is 2800 degrees and others say it is with 27700 degrees

What temperature is required to vaporize metal instantaneously? I have seen some people say it is 2800 degrees and others say it is with 27700 degrees

The scientific boiling point of pure iron is 2862 °C.

The 27700 °C thing comes from the hypothesis I cannot find but in my memories hearing somewhere that you need this temperature differential to replicate the vaporising feat IRL. Like one needs to cook an energy ball at 27700 °C such that it can touch iron and instantly vaporise it.
But this has a lot to consider with temperature differential and heat capacity and heat conductivity and emissivity.
Which is why it is not used in versus debate normally.

I made a blog here acting as a compilation of all the common speed feats I could find on the VS Battles Wiki. You guys think you could check it out whenever you have the time?

Two questions:

Not sure about the former, but you can just do a heat calculation and calculate the volume affected x the heat it output (Probably melting steel/iron/concrete, whichever is higher)

For the second one, just a basic KE calc

Okie-dokie! Are there any specific formulas for calculating the volume of a mushroom cloud? I glanced at some papers (this was the best one I found) and most methods I found were either too complex/required way too many variables that the scene does not indicate or are too simple. I even found a chart that gave rough measurements of a nuclear explosion's yield based solely on its height.

well as a low end you could use the building's width as diameter, idk beyond that tho

A simple question, but how do we calculate cloud splitting feats if there are no statements?

For example, a character was stated to split the sky with a mere attack, how can we calculate this? Do we just assume he cut through 20km of clouds?

A simple question, but how do we calculate cloud splitting feats if there are no statements?

For example, a character was stated to split the sky with a mere attack, how can we calculate this? Do we just assume he cut through 20km of clouds?
Completely unquantifiable feat, so without more context outside of "He split the sky", you don't have a feat to calc

Damn. That sucks.

Then another question, I believe it's safe to assume a pulverization value if a character stated to destroy an entire mountain/cliff to dust, right?

Here's the statement:

"The scarred Sword Wall (Cliff name) screamed and collapsed into dust. When the dust cloud settled, a clean, perfectly flat surface like a mirror was revealed. Jin Mu-Won had sliced the Wall so cleanly, it was restored to its original, pristine state.

WHOOOSH!

The spring wind blew, taking with it the dust on the rocky ground.
"

We are given both the radius and height of the cliff/mountain. The Sword Wall is just a name, fyi.

I'm also looking at a comment about a method for this involving blocking out the sun's luminosity. When would that be applicable? Out of curiosity
Mostly for absorbing light.
The comment would just be absorbing the total luminosity of 100000 stars, as opposed to only the part that hit Earth/whatever region is made dark.

How do you calc turn some soldiers wearing knight armor and shields to ash?
We already have a value for turning humans into ash, just gotta figure out the bulk of the armor and shield weight, try to find the volume from that by using the density of the material used to make it, and apply the vaporization value of the material to it/the volume (Because metal can't turn to ash like humans do).

I'm back yet again.

Just a question, In a novel I'm reading, it was stated that a palace made from Jade was demolished by an attack, but a set size for the palace wasn't given. Can I just assume the average palace size, or is this feat just unquantifiable?

Back