• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Off-site VS Threads

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
It seems that the use of off site vs threads is a problem with little to no talk about and from what I see its cons outnumber the pros by a hefty amount. Essentially, I'm asking the rest of the staff over whether or not off-site vs threads should allowed, or forbidden.

Staff Supporting Removal:

-SomebodyData

-Lord Kavpeny

-TheMightyRegulator

-DontTalk (Would prefer not having a massive removal project)

-CrossverseCrisis (On DT's side)

-Promestein (Supports DT's side)

-Basilisk1995 (Supports DT's side)

-Matthew Schroeder (Pretty much DT's side)

-LordAizenSama (Doesn't want to remove the ones that have quality)

-Thebluedash (No wiki wide project)

-
TISSG7Redgrave

-
Skodwarde The Almighty

-Antvasima (Agrees with DT)

-KuuIchigo

-A6colute

Staff Denying Removal:

Neutral:

-Fasial Shourov (Doesn't want a massive project)

-Dekoshu

Removal. They rarely follow our rule system. That said their arguments can be very biased and sites like comicvine don't follow our tiering system.

Eh... well I was always in the opinion to not add battles to profiles generally (even though I am probably pretty much alone with that opinion) so I don't have problems with that.

I would rather avoid some huge removal project though. So if we do that just don't add them anymore and delete them once you stumble upon them.

I'm in the support of deleting them off our site. Other than sites like Comicvine don't follow our system like what Mighty pointed out, half or so of them that i have seen here don't even talk about the battle. Hell they just go off topic and barely try to talk about the fight itself.

Please explain objectively or accurately of the actual negatives the off sites have in your perception. I may be confused of the current situation.

Well here's the deal. I'm sure it's been pointed out already, but it doesn't make it any less true. As said, various forums (Comicvine, SpaceBattles, Take5 to name a few) have different rulesets than ours, different debaters than this wiki for the most part, different debate styles, yeah we should stick to THIS wiki.

All right. That's understandable, but I am not getting enough reasons. I was wondering about other negatives. Skodwarde's and KagenDragneel's own words are quite clear. Anyone else's? I remember that somebody said that some of them don't even talk about the battles.

I support removal. Though we cannot devote ourselves to removing them all. I support DT's suggestion; just not adding them and deleting those that we do see.

Off-site threads are often biased and do not align with our tiering system, or do not meet our own requirements for vs thread listing.

I think Versus Threads should be strickly limited to those from our Website, for other Forums have quite different rules, Systems and Tierings, most often than not.

I oppose removing them from profiles, however, absolutely.

I think they aren't needed either. most are of terrible quality anyway.

I don't mind keeping the ones we have (that are decent), but not adding more of them, or just deleting them whenever we come across it

I have noticed that quite a few threads that are added actually don't have any definite result...so yea, removal.

Faisal Shourov said:
I am neutral, but I don't want this to be a wiki wide project
It's not really an important priority methinks. It should be more of just delete it when you see it kinda thing.

Thebluedash said:
It's not really an important priority methinks. It should be more of just delete it when you see it kinda thing.
You're right, I delete them myself whenever I see one.

i prefer it removed because well some threads could be extremely inaccurate to use really we mind as well make our own thread about it

I agree with DontTalk. It is probably better to not allow them, but we do not have the time and resources to prioritise a massive removal project, especially not given all the problems with our calculation links.

Kindly note that at present, this rule is created to prohibit further external VS match-ups, and gradually filter out pre-existing match-ups.

Note: Gradually is the keyword, so no need to go in an edit-frenzy to remove pre-existing links.

Back