• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rules About Off-Site Threads and Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, KLOL is correct, though I do like AKM's language flow.

And I'm still a bit uneasy if the respect threads come from places like Reddit, Deviantart, or Spacebattles. I have seen far too many of those also list feats out of context; such as listing an alleged Hypersonic reaction feat and tried to claim it wasn't aim dodging via personal reasons and/or other vague practices not covered in our reaction speed rules such as "The shooter was a trained sniper" or "The shot was fired during an interrupted sentence" when the former doesn't mean they're a flawless sniper and the latter could have been interrupted for other reasons before the shot fired. And it still fails to tackle the real aim dodging rules such as "Lacking a panel of a mid flight projectile with the target still within the line of fire that is directly followed by the target being outside the line of fire" and all we have is a shot not yet fired followed by the shot missing. And the target had only moved their head a few inches at most compared to the projectile crossing an entire hallway; and arguments could be made that the target probably didn't even move for all we know. And other common examples include people thinking someone tanked a nuclear explosion at point blank range and failing to find a detail that either a forcefield appeared at the last second and/or they were teleported to safety a second before the explosion happened.

I know there's for example should be no rules against simply linking a respect blog or YouTube video. Like posting a Death Battle analysis just to showcase a list of notable feats is fine, but we should calculate those individual feats ourselves instead of assuming their calculations are accurate.

Last edited:
What about the issues that AKM omitted from my version?

I'm not sure where the sentence should be added, but it should basically mention something like this near the end of AKM's draft.

Furthermore, adding a link to a respect blog or character analysis video of a Vs debating series with the intention of having quick access to a large collection of feats is fine, but each of those feats should be analyzed step by step to ensure they are within context, and any calculation dependent feats should be recalculated to ensure accuracy.

Thank you for helping out.

I have provided a combined and cleaned up draft text below, but would appreciate help with improving on the flow and avoiding redundancy through repetition.

"Please refrain from creating content revision threads that consist solely of links to off-site sources (such as Youtube, Reddit, other VS forums, etc.) and have no discernible arguments of their own. Many of these sources are not made with our specific standards in mind, lack proper source references, and may contain a lot of arguments that have already been discussed or are useless for the purpose of the relevant threads, which makes them hard to evaluate. As such, it is highly encouraged that when creating a content revision thread based on off-site sources, our members should specify their core arguments in detail with relevant evidence. It is also acceptable to post such threads in the general discussion or questions and answers sections of our forum for discussion, rather than in the content revision section. Furthermore, adding a link to a respect thread or character analysis video with the intention of providing quick access to a large collection of feats is acceptable, but each of those feats should be analysed step by step to ensure that they are not presented out of context, and any calculation-dependent feats should be placed in wiki blog posts and evaluated by our calc group members to ensure sufficient accuracy."

Thank you for helping out.

I have provided a combined and cleaned up draft text below, but would appreciate help with improving on the flow and avoiding redundancy through repetition.

"Please refrain from creating content revision threads that consist solely of links to off-site sources (such as Youtube, Reddit, other VS forums, etc.) and have no discernible arguments of their own. Many of these sources are not made with our specific standards in mind, lack proper source references, and may contain a lot of arguments that have already been discussed or are useless for the purpose of the relevant threads, which makes them hard to evaluate. As such, it is highly encouraged that when creating a content revision thread based on off-site sources, our members should specify their core arguments in detail with relevant evidence. It is also acceptable to post such threads in the general discussion or questions and answers sections of our forum for discussion, rather than in the content revision section. Furthermore, adding a link to a respect thread or character analysis video with the intention of providing quick access to a large collection of feats is acceptable, but each of those feats should be analysed step by step to ensure that they are not presented out of context, and any calculation-dependent feats should be placed in wiki blog posts and evaluated by our calc group members to ensure sufficient accuracy."
@AKM sama @Elizhaa @Confluctor @Qawsedf234 @Damage3245 @The_Impress @ElixirBlue @Maverick_Zero_X @Mr._Bambu @DemonGodMitchAubin @KingTempest

What do you think about this draft? Should it be modified further?

My apologies for accidentally pinging you without due cause, Elizhaa.

Thank you. It is probably best to wait a bit before I apply the changed wording to our rule though.

They haven't posted in this thread previously, so it seems unnecessary to call for them, but oh well.

They haven't posted in this thread previously, so it seems unnecessary to call for them, but oh well.
They did have experience dealing with such threads tho, specifically the DMC thread (Glass, Abstractions and Grath specifically)

hello i know this is a staff discussion but just wanna ask something.

is translation off-site such as u/translation also affected?

hello i know this is a staff discussion but just wanna ask something.

is translation off-site such as u/translation also affected?
Case-by-case basis. As long as the translation is accurate and represents a clear picture with no purposeful mistranslations on sight and is not simplified for the sake of better adaptation to the Western market (Even official translations can do some Japanese words injustice), I think it should be fine.

Aye, the above looks perfect to me, too.

Bit too long for my taste, but looks good. It can be applied.

I have done so:

Should we close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back