• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ochako Uraraka Revision

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
A simple revision; Ochako Uraraka does not have Building Level durability.

Let's look at the current justification for her rating; "Withstood numerous explosions from Bakugou during their Sports Festival battle and only succumbed after she hit the weight limit of her quirk."

Now, I'm not denying Uraraka took several explosions at close range, and that they repeatedly blew her back during that fight. What I am denying is that these explosions that she supposedly withstood are all Building Level. Let's go over these attacks in detail, okay?

Explosion No. 1: Uraraka clearly takes it at close range. Slightly visible damage but nothing too significant.

Explosion No. 2: The force of the explosion knocks her back but it barely seems to hit her.

Explosion No. 3: Uraraka is not clearly visible in this explosion, but she is seen emerging from the clouds of smoke scuffed up.

Explosion No. 4: The explosion hits the ground in front of her; creating rubble, yes, but not visibly hitting Uraraka itself.

Explosion No. 5: Bakugou's biggest explosion yet for the purpose of clearing the rubble raining down on him. The explosion clearly does not hit Uraraka.

So that's two on-screen explosions hitting her with others hitting near her. But the problem is this; the explosions she was hit with are not Building Level.

(I am aware there are undoubtedly off-screen explosions since the fight dragged on in-verse, but since none of them were seen, none of them can be judged.)

Now, the only explosion that was calced to be Building Level was number 5. The explosion that did not hit Uraraka. This calc itself has problems since it assumes all of the rubble was vaporized by the explosion when in fact the rubble was simply reduced in size and blown away from Bakugou. I have doubts this explosion itself is Building level, but even granting that it is; this does not mean all of the explosions Bakugou were using were equally as strong.

Bakugou 'taking his opponent seriously' is not an argument for the size of explosions being equal. It means that he is constantly on his guard, treating her like a threat, not taking reckless actions for a quick or easy victory. He is aware of her ability and the risk of letting her get close. So all of the explosions are focused on keeping her away. They're not delivered with the intent to seriously hurt or kill her; so taking her seriously =/= using his maximum firepower.

Bakugou's 5th explosion is noted by Izuku to be a 'ultimate blast' that is a one-time deal. I'm fully aware of the AoE fallacy, but here we have a knowledgeable character in the series confirming that Bakugou's huge explosions are more powerful than his smaller explosions. This seems straightforward to me that therefore the explosion he used for majority of the fight were weaker.

Therefore the explosions Uraraka visibly took were not Building Level, and Uraraka does not have Building Level durability.

She would have somewhere around Small Building Level durability since she scales above Hatsume Mei. The reason I say this is that every class 1-A student receives rigorous physical training and should be above the likes of the support class.

Steve Rogers1 said:
She would have somewhere around Small Building Level durability since she scales above Hatsume Mei. The reason I say this is that every class 1-A student receives rigorous physical training and should be above the likes of the support class.
Small Building level would be a lot more acceptable that her current rating.

@Damage3245

I just looked at her profile and she's Small Building Level+ physically, so that would be a good spot for her durability.

Okay, if there aren't any objections I'll make the change to her profile tonight.

Back