• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nova Terra VS Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's well above average ghosts and ghosts are well above average marines. Her Mind Blast stuns the opponent and negates durability. And all she has to do is simply think to attack her opponents with it.

And oh yeah, can you remove flight from her page for me Dark lol. I forgot to remove that. Jump Jets only lets you scale cliffs.

Also I forgot to add durability negation with her mindblast and change the Psionics from simply Psionics to Psionic Energy Manipulation leading to the Energy Manipulation site. And I misspelled the rangefinder oculus in one of the text and you might as well also put in higher with psionics and weapons rather than just with weapons.

Well Marines can usually resist things that would fry or immediately enslave other humans' brains (like direct Chaotic corruption) for a while before succumbing. A result of all the hypno-indoctrination and having a spark of the Emprah's divinity in them (Heck, some Chapters are seemingly entirely immune to Chaotic influence, like the Black Templars, who've never had any of them fall).

That being said, you might want to remove the Chainsword since it's a High 6-C weapon.

Yeah, it can cut through regular Power armor like butter and Terminator armor with a bit more effort. Might wanna just give him a combat knife.

If the Marine can hold on for at least awhile. Can he detect Nova? Cloaking got better post SC1 for all the races which is why Overlords can't sense cloaked units anymore when they normally should.

Not Icarus said:
Stuff like Zealots and High Tenplar are going to be upgraded into High 8-C or 8-B depending on the upcoming revisions and she can mind control a giant Zerg siege beast like Ultralisk that normally resists mindhax. And atm she should be much higher than a Marine due to feats and scaling closer to the Protoss troops.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not Icarus said:
If the Marine can hold on for at least awhile. Can he detect Nova? Cloaking got better post SC1 for all the races which is why Overlords can't sense cloaked units anymore when they normally should.
"An Auspex, also called a Surveyor, a Multi-scanner, or simply a Scanner, is a short-ranged Imperial sensor device used to detect motion, invisible gases and energy emissions across a wide band of the electromagnetic spectrum"

This is standard equipment for anyone in Power armor.

Also got to point out, that Nova does have some pretty crazy range; she can harm someone with a Voodoo Doll from 6 light years away and she can telepathically summon nukes from "The edge of the galaxy". I know nukes were banned in this fight, but was just pointing that out. AssaltWaffle said something about that on another thread.

And no I never heard of her summoning nukes from the edge of the galaxy lol. Though interplanetary and orbital nukings exists.

Same with Eldar. 1000 years is when they start growing old and chances are, 9 times out of 10 a Marine will shred any Eldar warrior who was no or very little psychic power.

Then there's Necrons, who've been alive for millions of years and literally built their own hyperdimensional gods back in the day. Space Marines can fight and win against those too.

Not Icarus said:
Well I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say they can to make things more interesting.
No, as in, ever suit of Marine Power armor helmets is equipped with these things.

I didn't say they weren't. And the experience gap seems to be fairly even or at least not too far here.

Just to point out; when it comes to experience, age is irrelevant next to actual demonstrated feats of skill and power. And Nova's mind reading kind of turns the tables if she's against a more experienced opponent.

Tbf that Necron thing is kind of bullshit since their regular infantry can atomize tanks singlehandedly. If it weren't for PIS, Necrons would've probably steamrolled everyone else in the galaxy by now.

Sci-fi tends to become dumb when obvious wins could have happen like just burning a planet while in space is very well possible lol.

Not Icarus said:
Can she read the Space Marine's mind?
I don't doubt it. Marines have massive resistance to mental attacks, but I haven't come across any examples of them resisting mind reading. I don't doubt that they could to a degree but I don't think it's very powerful.

Nova's telepathy is apparently to the point that she can find trouble not reading minds in at least her early days of Ghost Academy training and has been able to read minds even with psionic shield devices like Psi-Screens. Although at least some newer Psi-Screens can resist her.

Now if this was against a Space Marine Legionary from the Unification Wars...

No, not in tier, in abilities.

In the old days, the Emprah would personally bless each and every one of his warriors with psychic immunity dependent on his own power (likely, it's not entirely confirmed). Essentially to affect any Custodes or Astartes you'd have to be somewhat on par with Big E himself and well...that ain't happening for most people.

He eventually stopped doing that because the Legions and the Custodes got too numerous to shield every single one personally.

Nova in her early youngster days without any psionic training accidentally killed her family alongside hundreds of people and damaged the Terra Skyscraper. And apparently she can use her telekinesis to jam an opponent's gun, redirect bullets to a degree, and even forced a guy 1 time to shoot his teammate.

I don't doubt they would be damaged but I don't think to anywhere near the extent of a regular person.

Lethal mindblasts tend to leave blood coming out of a person's eyes and ears when they're killed so I suppose they should do at least some damage to a Space Marine or at least stun/distract him.

Yeah, Ghosts/Spectres are kind of like Jedi/Sith, but with Sniper Rifles instead of Lightsabers. And they use Psionic powers to enhanced the power of the bullets regularly, similar to how Jedi can use Force powers to enhanced the power of the lightsaber strikes and even enhance the power of various lasers. Redirecting projectiles is also pretty dope as mentioned above.

I don't think they enhance bullet power lol. Though really potent experienced Ghosts like Nova are capable of redirecting bullets to a degree.

And oof I thought I've finally completed her profile. I'm gonna add more stuff like Lockdown and EMP to her arsenal in the morning or afternoon in my timezone later.

Actually, in Wings of Liberty; Ghosts do have a sniping attack that uses up psionic energy. Given the implication that they're using psionic powers to increase the power. Plus it's the main way for bullets to be any higher than Tier 9 without being "PIS". Also, if ghosts can redirect bullets, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to enhance the power of their sniper rifle rounds.

That's probably just gameplay balance lol. "Snipe" is probably just a more focused shot. I'd love to see a Terran civilization page here sometime but we have to do so much digging for that lol. And triple tapping is probably likely possible lorewise and not just gameplaywise

Not Icarus said:
Lethal mindblasts tend to leave blood coming out of a person's eyes and ears when they're killed so I suppose they should do at least some damage to a Space Marine or at least stun/distract him.
High-Low Regen could likely take care of it.

Oh wait, High-Low Regenerationn only helps with minor wounds and limb reattachments. Brain damage is definitely fatal.

Eh Brain damage isnt always fatal, also why wouldnt the Marines mind resist stop the mindblast? Not stopping the Telepathy is one thing but the mindblast should be resisted (unless it happens to be superior to the resistance obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back