• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Normal Neopet isn't a Normal Neopet.

@The God of Procrastination:

I've reorganized some of the innate abilities & Faerie Abilities: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Imaginym/Neopet_Species_Profile_Template I've also clarified in brackets in the Powers & Abilities section which species should have which of certain innate abilities.

Elemental Resistances & weaknesses may be worth omitting as which would have which should verify.

How should I state/organize those?

Otherwise, things I'd need to add might be minor details on Enhanced Senses, individual species may possibly a Tabber for Species Abilities if they get implemented. (But they can be omitted for simplicity for now.).

Also, how should Powers & Abilities from Species-Exclusive Equipment be stated/organized?

Oh. Should I remove the innate abilities only applicable to certain species (Which have which can have them listed in brackets following the abilities?) from the template, then?

Right then. Since we're going for abilities every Neopet has, should I still leave Faerie Abilities on the template, since not every Neopet might select the same set? Also, should I exclude the Supersized Tier from the template since that's based on a size & mass achievable through the use of equipment?

(Although, they all have access to the same choices of Faerie Abilities, just that a single Neopet can't have certain ones simeultaneously.)

Should I include Hidden Tower Items, since, excluding user-to-user trading, these can't be purchased except by accounts four months or older?

Thank you for all your help so far, & sorry for any bother.

Faerie Abilities with the same Level Tier; A single Neopet can't know more than one of the three Level 1 Faerie Abilities, nor more than one of the Level 5 Faerie Abilities, or more than one of the Level 10 Faerie Abilities, etc.

Hidden Tower Equipment can be equipped to a pet & used so long as it's owned by the user. Like with most any other equipment, only the limit of how much Equipment a pet can have at all & how only 2 equipment per round can be used, restricts "Hidden Tower" items.

Last edited:
But all possible Faerie Abilities & Equipment should still be listed on the template, & should Hidden Tower Equipment be included in both or just one of the Blog or the Template?

Sorry for any bother.

Just to clarify, if we're excluding stuff that doesn't apply to ALL species of Neopets from the template.... That would mean excluding all of this from the "by itself" tabber:

depending on the species they can have any of the following abilities: Flight (Draik, Eyrie, Hissi, Korbat, Lenny, Pteri, Shoyru, Scorchio, & possibly Skeith. Nimmos can Levitate.), Enhanced Senses, Underwater Breathing (Acara, Flotsam Jetsam, Koi, Peophin, likely Koi, Lutari, Nimmo & Quiggle as well.) Fire Manipulation (Only Scorchios, Draik, & maybe Skeith and Shoyru have this innately.), sharp claws and teeth, amphibious physiology, etc. Some species innately have Resistance to Air, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Light, Water or Physical damage

Which is excluding everything but Superhuman Physical Characteristics.

Since, for Basic Colours of Neopets, not all of them can fly, breath underwater, have unknown enhanced senses, resistances, etc.

So do I leave that in?

I'll put the limitation of only one Faerie Ability per level tier in Weaknesses, & I guess HT equipment, too?

I can dig up details on why some species should have Enhanced Senses, although, IIRC, there isn't much on how great the senses are.

A few of the trading cards especially have lore stating about senses. Here's an example . But I can try to find other sources. I can definitely think of a few places to look.

Nonetheless, @The God Of Procrastion: Do I exclude the list of abilities in my previous post from the template or not? Since all of those abilities are ones not all species of Neopets have. (Some do, some don't.)

Or do I leave them in the template & we just exclude as appropriate for a species?

Do you feel underqualified & feel that I should ask a Staff or someone who knows about profile making for advice on this?

Ah okay. So I'll leave the abilities only some species may have, note about faerie ability level tiers in the Weaknesses section....

Shall I get to finding sources on enhanced senses & make an equipment abilities blog, too?

Also, since they've contributed to the thread....GyroNutz said he could help out with the profiles. @GyroNutz : Are you still willing to help out with that?

Also, @Joaco0902, do you have any input? (If there's no opposition, I might see about contacting them on their Message Walls after 24 hours. Sound like a good idea?)

BTW, thanks a ton for your patience & assistance, @ The God of Procrastion. I keep stressing out that I'm being unpleasant, & it's nice to have some help on this 'verse for once.

Yeah, I think that this is fine.

(Sorry for my lack of input, I'll try to help as much as I can, but I haven't played Neopets in my life. However, if you do have some miscelaneous tasks that I can do, feel free to contact me)

That is concerning. I've been meaning to get around to compiling the abilities from equipment, but currently on my mind is that I want to calc https://items.jellyneo.net/item/20971/ since it may largely revise most species of Neopets' AP/Durability.

I feel that may have been delaying me.

The God Of Procrastination said:
I'm going to make a profile soon.
I look forward to seeing the result! Hopefully I can contribute in valuable ways in the future! If you need anything from me, just ask, & I'll try to see what I can try to do.

Welp, this is bad. We can't actually edit right now, so the best we can do should be making the base off all the stuff that all Neopets share in common.

@Joaco0902: Well, hopefully some work can be made on the 'verse so that it's not in an unacceptable state.

(I should get around to that calc in the near future, though, since it could upgrade at least player-owned Neopets. Which is about 55 different species. A potential tier revision on that scale might be noteworthy.)

The God Of Procrastination said:
What's the feat, again?
"This is the magical wand of the Snow Faerie. It controls the snows that cover some of the regions of Neopia."

The Snow Faerie is practically undeniably Taelia, the Snow Faerie, who is the only known Snow Faerie, & she lives on Terror Mountain, which is snowing all year around & covers most of Neopia's north pole area (Although it may not be identical in area.)

The wand is only found in her equipment, so the only way anyone else (Read: A player-owned Neopet fighting her.) could use it is by stealing it, & then it'd be returned to her at the end of the battle anyway.

Thus, "some of the regions" would almost certainly be Terror Mountain, where she has always been known to live, & the base of which, Happy Valley & the top of the mountain, are depicted as having constant snowfall.

Since it's used specifically for attacking, I'm pretty sure this would be a combat applicable instance of weather manipulation.

http://www.neopets.com/weather.phtml?world=1 For what it's worth, Terror Mountain is also, unsurprisingly, very cold. Checking the weather page now, at around 6 AM, Neopian Standard Time, I get:

Today's Weather in Terror Mountai

Today's Weather: blizzards and strong winds

Average temperature today is -30 degrees C (-22 degrees F)

So the feat could also be argued as having very cold low-ends. Unfortunately, I don't know of much documentation of Neopian Weather across long periods of time.

I'm not sure. All Battledome equipment & abilities, AFAIK, use generic, shared animations, so there isn't specific visual depiction of its effects, nor use. However, I did do my best to take a screenshot of its in-battle useage text, which seems to be unique.

Wand of the Snow Faerie Text
I'd have included it in my previous post, but I had forgotten I made the image & had to take a moment to find it. The bottom most screenshot has the relevant text in the combat log.

Maybe, but again, the wand is used in combat as a means of attacking that damages the opponent.

Good to know. (Though, I would question that it's not using the force of the blizzard to attack, since another Faerie weapon uses the force of a weather phenomenon to attack. I'd also question if it's Low 7-B, since it hasn't been calculated yet. I'd think we'd have to determine the area & temperature of Terror Mountain, first, at least. It could even be lower, for all I know.)

Also, I presume you mean the yield of Wand of the Snow Faerie, rather than Neopet statistics based on that, since, other than stealing it from her (Technically legitimate in battle.) to use themselves, Neopets never wield that.

Imaginym said:
Good to know. (Though, I would question that it's not using the force of the blizzard to attack, since another Faerie weapon uses the force of a weather phenomenon to attack. I'd also question if it's Low 7-B, since it hasn't been calculated yet. I'd think we'd have to determine the area & temperature of Terror Mountain, first, at least. It could even be lower, for all I know.)

Also, I presume you mean the yield of Wand of the Snow Faerie, rather than Neopet statistics based on that, since, other than stealing it from her (Technically legitimate in battle.) to use themselves, Neopets never wield that.
Standard storm calculations, a blizzard is probably different, though. That sounds more like it literally fires the weather phenomena.

Well, I mean, I'm unsure it's a standard storm calc, given the Wand of the Snow Faerie's description: "This is the magical wand of the Snow Faerie. It controls the snows that cover some of the regions of Neopia."

If it is providing snow to a whole, very cold, mountainous region, possibly all year around (Terror Mountain is the coldest region on Neopia.), I'm unsure it is a "standard" storm.

Well, editing is still somewhat allowed, but you have to ask and be sure to be ready enought to not have to ask once more/mess up so Ant may give you temporal editing rights.

So in the end we have to be totally ready for such a task first anyways.

Back