• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gintama - Normal Gintoki CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave him that because he has something similar with Mario

Acausality (Type 1. Can interact with and fight alongside his baby self[1])
Well downgrade that then. 2 wrongs doens't make it right.

This is what type 1 does.
Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.
Time travelling or fighting your past doesn't gives Acausality. Unless you have scans for Gintoki killing his past self and not getting affected by it or something similar. I mean altering Gintoki past shouldn't affect Gintoki in present that's the main thing you need here to give Acausality.

I am currently around 280th episode of Gintama and stopped watching it for the time being. So I don't know the full context. But what you wrote in OP doesn't qualify for Acasualty type 1. You need better proof

Time travelling or fighting your past doesn't gives Acausality. Unless you have scans for Gintoki killing his past self and not getting affected by it or something similar. I mean altering Gintoki past shouldn't affect Gintoki in present that's the main thing you need here to give Acausality.
That would be Acausality type 2. Type 1 just means that more... minor I think retcons don't affect you, which this would count as, I think.

That would be Acausality type 2. Type 1 just means that more... minor I think retcons don't affect you, which this would count as, I think.
  • Type 1 - Altering the Past doesn't affect Present version of the character
  • Type 2 - they don't exist in past or future
Type 2 is very different than type 1.
I don't fully know the context for Gintama but based on scans in OP. It doesn't Qualifies for Acausality type 1.

Apologies, I meant type 3, not type 2. That said you would definitely alter the past by interacting with your past self, unless it was a fixed time loop sort of thing.

Apologies, I meant type 3, not type 2. That said you would definitely alter the past by interacting with your past self, unless it was a fixed time loop sort of thing.
It depends on the context
  • Does Altering the past would change the timelines in Gintama & create a new timeline?; Because DBS has some mechanism like that and we don't give Acasualty type 1 for that.
Btw type 3 also doesn't fit here. Type 3 is same character existing in different planes where if you kill that character in one plane they will be still alive thanks to other versions of them.

No type 3.
It's either type 1 or not.
Can you explain what happened to his past self?
I'm not entirely knowledgeable with acausality things but here is what happened;

He went to the past, Then fought with his past enemies and his past self joins the fight later on, Then His present dissapears

Wait, I just noticed Batou can also read minds

That counts as telepathy right?

You guys don't mind if i place it on Gintoki's resistences do you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back