• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not by default, for NEP Nature Type 2 it is necessary to "lack" even the duality of existence (1) and non-existence (0).
Not OP but I have a question. So if something were to be stated to be neither existing nor non-existent (Just this alone), would that qualify for it or nah? Or would it be another ability?

So if something were to be stated to be neither existing nor non-existent (Just this alone)
The phrase "neither existence nor non-existence " is quite open-ended/vague , so it has to be evaluated depending on the context and what the phrase is referring to. The expression in question may simply be a fancy phrase used to exaggerate/emphasize a certain situation (as an interpretation of Madhyamaka philosophy), or it may actually refer to an existential situation.

Existentially context, "neither existence nor non-existence" can refer to both existence (1) and non-existence (0), and this paradoxical way of being is NEP Nature 3, but if "neither existence nor non-existence" refers to a state existentially lack of even the duality of existence (1) and non-existence (0), this is NEP Nature Type 2.

However, it should not be forgotten that for NEP Nature Type 3, a character needs to be stated to be immune to manipulations of the aspects they are nonexistent in due to their nonexistence.

You said not by default so thier is a chance it can interact with nep 2 depending
No, what I mean is that being transcends of the existence-non-existence duality is definitely not enough on its own, It is necessary to have the expressions I mentioned. A character who transcends the existence and non-existence duality can also have a nature that is lack of even the existence and non-existence duality.
That is a literal type 2 statement
Idealistic Nonexistence: The character doesn't exist in a sense further beyond conventional nonexistence. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence.

According to the context...

No, what I mean is that being transcends of the existence-non-existence duality is definitely not enough on its own, It is necessary to have the expressions I mentioned. A character who transcends the existence and non-existence duality can also have a nature that is lack of even the existence and non-existence duality.
According to the context...

So what you mean transcerd duality of existence and nonexistence gives transduality and cant interact with nep 2. Lack the duality of existence and nonexistence = nep 2 can interact with nep 2 because they have it themselfs

No, they can interact with NEP 2 only if they can interact with nothingness that lack of even the very notion of nothingness it self

No, they can interact with NEP 2 only if they can interact with nothingness that lack of even the very notion of nothingness it self
But you need feats for that what am talking about is transcerding the duality of existence and nonexistence is enough to interact with nep 2 without the feats to interact with nep 2

Back