• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non Canon Fighting Game Endings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read from an administrator on this site before that non canon endings that have feats that are consistent in the verse are used on this site.

Is that true? Because if it is, Street Fighter needs upgrades.

And if not.

Then King of Fighters needs quite a few downgrades, and denying those downgrades would be dishonest.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yes they can. However, it depends on the feats in question.
Ryu has a Small City level and massively hypersonic feat from a non canon ending that is completely consistent with the rest of the feats in the verse.

Can Ryu and everybody who scales to him get an upgrade then?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Like I said depends. I don't know, you'd have to ask the supporters of the verse.
Is there anyway you can contact them to discuss it here?

Or would I have to discuss it with them directly.

Matthew Schroeder and Dark649 are the experts iirc. You can also find them by searching User:insertUserNameHere in the search bar. Anyway, is this base Ryu's feat that's Massively Hypersonic because I'm pretty sure it was brought up and rejected as something that doesn't scale to Ryu. Evil Ryu and Power of Nothingness are already Massively Hypersonic scaling from M. Bison, but base Ryu being that fast and scaling to other street fighter characters seems a bit much.

Isn't it possible that Evil Ryu and the rest are just a higher degree of massively hypersonic compared to Base Ryu? There are plenty of characters with profiles like that in this wiki.

And even if the speed was rejected, Ryu and company should still receive an attack potency upgrade.

I know, but still, base Ryu isn't overwhelmingly stronger or faster than various characters who's best speed feats were only Supersonic+; where as he is overwhelmingly slower than Akuma in base.

Everything single one of those Supersonic+ feats you are talking about wete casual, and there are a handful of massively hypersonic feats to scale from.

Non-canon endings are 100% acceptable if nothing changes in them. There's also many endings where they happen regardless weather or not the character defeated the villain.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Non-canon endings are 100% acceptable if nothing changes in them. There's also many endings where they happen regardless weather or not the character defeated the villain.
I'm glad you feel this way, what do you think about Base Ryu and everybody who scales to him being upgraded to Small City Level and Massively Hypersonic?

It's consistent with other feats in the verse.

Which ending is before saying it should be applied?, there is an ending where Psycho Powered Cammy was stated to destroy a city, but its very vague and the timeframe is not said. For example we don't accept ending like Dan destroying Bison.

Dark649 said:
Which ending is before saying it should be applied?, there is an ending where Psycho Powered Cammy was stated to destroy a city, but its vague and the timeframe is not said. For example we don't accept ending like Dan destroying Bison.
Here: https://youtu.be/9tq_ZXVpxas

Bison specifically mentions that he used Ryu's power to destroy the city.

Unlike the example you mentioned, Ryu's feat was done in front of us.

It might have inconsistencies that doesn't make it usable.

- Bison was going to canonically use his power to power the Psycho Power satellite to destroy a city. This is the first one of the strongest bodies of Bison, which can easily empower Ryu to Evil Ryu .

- Bison weakest bodies are not able to do so, which are comparable to Seth, who is comparable to Ryu.

- Bison is interested about the Satsui no Hado power in Ryu, not his normal power. He likely used his hidden Satsui no hado power to destroy a city.

- The beam speed is due to the machine firing a laser, it doesn't scale to Ryu speed. M. Bison scales because he kept up with said beam.

1. What evidence do you have that Psycho power Evil Ryu is comparable to Satsui No Hado Evil Ryu?

2. I don't remember Ryu struggling too much to defeat Seth in canon.

3. That's in complete ignorance to the ending, Bison SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he was using Ryu's power.

4. The energy that was being fired was Ryu's energy, why wouldn't it scale?

I think a separate thread should be made for this seeing as the question has been answered.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think a separate thread should be made for this seeing as the question has been answered.
I'm fine discussing this here, no need to close anything.

It's more or less that this is not the topic of the thread. The topic was answering you question on non-canon ending feats. Now you are discussing Street Fighter upgrades which require another thread.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
It's more or less that this is not the topic of the thread. The topic was answering you question on non-canon ending feats. Now you are discussing Street Fighter upgrades which require another thread.
Do I have to?

It's not difficult. Just copy and paste the feat to another thread and say what you want to upgrade them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back