• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Noelle (Genshin) vs Retsu Kaioh

Well been playing Genshin, got Noelle. Figured I might as well my hand at a match idea

Plot: Noelle is in search of seeking ever greater strength, when she hears tales of a land to the far east called Japan with tales of legendary fighters abound. After arriving she enters a tournament and faces a man from the land of China known as Retsu Kaioh. The fight begins!

Speed is equalised, fight takes place in the underground arena from Baki. Both are Low 7-B, SBA otherwise I guess

Chivalric Blossom: 7

Sea King: 0

Incon: 2

Last edited:
What's Noel's AP? Retsu can't be hurt by any AP less than 5.5 megatons as long as he's using Defensive Shaori, since he will just absorb the impact. Unless Noel knows some method of making Retsu tense up when she hits him, she will have a hard time getting past Defensive Shaori.

What's Noel's AP? Retsu can't be hurt by any AP less than 5.5 megatons as long as he's using Defensive Shaori, since he will just absorb the impact. Unless Noel knows some method of making Retsu tense up when she hits him, she will have a hard time getting past Defensive Shaori.
A higher then 4.04 megatons is what she's at right now, so it depends how much higher she is

Being the strongest character physically in her region she should be massively above Diluc who is superior to Lisa who unserious and casual power is enough to stomp razor who casually did 4.04 megaton feat

Plus op shield because genshin character which is going to be hell to break for Retsu, so i don't know who wins tbh

Being the strongest character physically in her region she should be massively above Diluc who is superior to Lisa who unserious and casual power is enough to stomp razor who casually did 4.04 megaton feat
I mean physical strength doesn't quantify to AP strength above magic users, i mean i don't think albedo is physically superior to noelle but she admits to being weaker then him, so she prob only above razor

Question about shield (Keep in mind I've only played a bit, enough to get Noelle but I kinda just switch off when I play it) so does it have a cooldown or smth?

Question about shield (Keep in mind I've only played a bit, enough to get Noelle but I kinda just switch off when I play it) so does it have a cooldown or smth?
In game yeah and in lore it's not stated it has any cooldown besides losing elemental energy once it's broken, so probably as long as noelle has stamina to keep it up

Fair enough, Retsu could jab her pressure points but that's not gonna happen if she has a shield up at least

Then who do there stamina compare then? But looking at both profiles and from reading Baki I feel like Retsu has more stamina to outlast here.

I'll say Retsu is probably far more skilled than Noelle probably, the guy fought fricken Musashi and after the fight the guy was like "Yeah that was like the battle of Sekigahara all over again."
Yeah no question he's more skilled then noelle, she's still, although being strong, inexperienced in fighting because jean thinks that if she lets her fight she'd try to sacrifice her self for everyone else on the battle field because of how kind she is, hence why she's not a knight of favonius.

If he breaks the shield i guess he can go for that but i don't know if he can yet, what are some of his harder hitting attacks?

Some techniques of his I guess

Then who do there stamina compare then? But looking at both profiles and from reading Baki I feel like Retsu has more stamina to outlast here.
Well both are listed as Very High, Noelle has some whacky feats but I'd wager Retsu has somewhat higher pain tolerance considering its well.....Baki lol. A series that is basically Jojo with martial arts so people get bloodied on a regular basis lol

Massively above 4.04 and basic shield dura is 5x ap or higher while the shield that she would normally use is far tougher than the basic shield to an unknown degree but could be assumed to be atleast 3x basic shield

Yeeesh, that's gonna be a pain to deal with for Retsu. That said Pressure Points and the fact that he could size up her skill level and fighting style with a glance means he can do smth at least.

Well both are listed as Very High, Noelle has some whacky feats but I'd wager Retsu has somewhat higher pain tolerance considering its well.....Baki lol. A series that is basically Jojo with martial arts so people get bloodied on a regular basis lol
Lowkey don't even know if noelle feels pain tbh, saying she's one of the tankest characters in genshin scaling off of defence, plus she can heal herself, so they should be on par with pain tolerance

Massively above 4.04 and basic shield dura is 5x ap or higher while the shield that she would normally use is far tougher than the basic shield to an unknown degree but could be assumed to be atleast 3x basic shield
Shields are probably the most op thing genshin characters have tbh

How can pressure point hit her if the barrier block his attack, and has retsu feel tired after along fight of continuously hitting an opponent to no avail cause she can just keep this up for an entire day and can heal her stamina back up so i doubt that he will outlast.

The shield is visible right? Could be something that Retsu could learn and pick up as a visual cue, remind me is it thought based or does it need a gesture?

If that’s the case then I’m gonna go Incon here. Both have there advantages but the issue here is that they both can’t really hurt each other(Noelle with her shield and Restu with his skill and Xiao-Lee) eventually both of them will just get tired lol.

If that’s the case then I’m gonna go Incon here. Both have there advantages but the issue here is that they both can’t really hurt each other(Noelle with her shield and Restu with his skill and Xiao-Lee) eventually both of them will just get tired lol.
Honestly same, unless there's something that Restu can do to directly counter noelle, they can't do much to each other

Do note that her harder shield can be keep up as long as she have elemental energy and unlike in gameplay elemental energy is abundance everywhere so the wall ain't gonna be drop in the fight.

Honestly same, unless there's something that Restu can do to directly counter noelle, they can't do much to each other
If I remember correctly he does have a counter move that he used against Pickle that did damage him. So if he uses that he could break it and go in for the kill

There's also her amp which in vsbattle context would incresase both her ap, shield strength as an After Effect, but let's not use it as we don't know how to deal with it yet.

There's also her amp which in vsbattle context would incresase both her ap, shield strength as an After Effect, but let's not use it as we don't know how to deal with it yet.
Talent scaling? We don't use that yet, so lets leave that out

Back