• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Retsu Kaioh vs Rock Lee

Well I'm bored and figure a match between two Bruce Lee clones would be a fun idea lol
  • Speed is equalised
  • 8-B for both is being used (Retsu is in second key)
  • Lee's fourth gate amp is restricted
  • Fight takes place in Shao Kahn's arena
  • Both start 3 meters apart
The Kaioh: 2

Bushy Brows: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Okay so about 95 tons then from the looks of it, that's like 6x Retsu's dura from the looks of it. I don't think him using Shaori will save him there considering it didn't work against Musashi. For the record Shaori is useless against being thrown as well so Lee could possibly use primary lotus to bypass it. That said I'm pretty certain Retsu has the skill edge here

How likely is Lee to go into this again? Retsu should have the very sizeable skill edge here (He manages to go onto impress fricken Musashi, aka one of the handful of people that can actually injure Yujiro who's feats are cracked) and could ko with a pressure point jab

How likely is Lee to go into this again? Retsu should have the very sizeable skill edge here (He manages to go onto impress fricken Musashi, aka one of the handful of people that can actually injure Yujiro who's feats are cracked) and could ko with a pressure point jab
Well, first off, Base Lee > Chunin Exams Sasuke > Pre-Land of Waves Sasuke = nearly 19 tons I think. Like, Lee dominated Sasuke even with the Sharingan on from what I remember. Not only does having the Sharingan active boost his chakra control and thus his power, it lets him predict the foe's moves with pinpoint accuracy.

And if things get difficult for Lee, he'll use the First Gate and stomp immediately.

Eh even with that AP edge in base it wouldn't be enough to bypass Shaori I don't think, you'd need a very large gap to do so imo which first gate can do but if they're throwing hands normally Retsu can negate all damage there. Also again Baki skill feats are cracked I don't think we need to go into detail about that lol. Also Retsu can tell someone is innately strong just by glancing at them, that's not analytical prediction but ESP which tells Retsu that his foe is a serious threat. He could end the fight with Sunkei, which he did open with against Katsumi and one shotted him with. That or again just pressure point strike with toe use to the vitals, zero inch punch etc

Wouldn't an 5x speed multiplier be considered an speed blitz? (Genuine question)

If so, I dunno if Retsu would be able to delivery any of his one-shot techniques or even use Xiaolli if the technique is not passive

He could theoretically attack during the opening of the 1º gate, but for what i know about Baki this seems ooc, also Lee would more likely already be able to avoid the attacks by the time Retsu decides to act

Retsu can tell Lee is stronger than him by a margin already with a glance, he won't be messing about I don't think. Plus Retsu is far more skilled imo

Last edited:
Retsu can tell Lee is stronger than him by a margin already with a glance, he won't be messing about I don't think. Plus Retsu is far more skilled imo
Okay, my question still goes to: Would Retsu be able to keep up with a 5 time faster Lee even with the superior skill?

Also, if he notices that Lee is powering up with the first gate, would he attack in the middle of the process? For what i understand he seem the honorable kind of fighter who would wait for his opponent

He might not be able to keep up with the amp yes, however Retsu can end the fight before it gets to that. Plus guy has the skill edge by a wide margin, unsure about the last point atm

Okay, now the question is, how likely Retsu would use one of his one shot techniques early on the fight?

I can see Rock Lee starting with simple kicks, then trying one of Renge techniques, and then opening the first gate, it wouldn't take a long time

I'd say it wouldn't be out the realm of possibility that he does yes, the first fight he had in the series iirc he opened with his Spinning Lotus move and one shotted his opponent with it. He also one shotted Katsumi with Sunkei in their bout and did pressure point jab Baki in their fight too with Baki getting out of it via his hanma spirit powerup stuff.

Retsu's LS is listed as Unknown but I'm gonna try and get that looked at as he should scale to Baki and the rest of the cast. Retsu's skill is also vastly higher from what I'm seeing here as his feats against Musashi speak for itself, I don't see Lee having much of a chance to disengage

You know what? I voting on Retsu, but not because of the superior skill or LS

Besides the fact that he has the possibility to end the fight before Lee releases the gate, I guess Retsu could at very least predict the areas were Lee would most likely hit and use Shaori there despite the speed gap (Althought i'm still a little bit skeptical there, open to further analisies if this would or not be possible).

In the worst scenario he could still fight beyond a normal "human" with instinctive reaction, and Lee can only use the gates for a short period of time, with only the 1º first used our boy would only suffer mid/high fatigue, but that would be enough to end any of his chances of victory

Alright so asked about Retsu's LS, he'd be at least Class 1 to Class 5 from what I'm seeing. Lee's primary and hidden lotus attacks should still work and shaori doesn't work if your thrown at least.

Rock Lee use martial art to fight with ninja & Chakra
but skillful martail art like retsu never appear before right?

Vote Retsu

I believe he starts with the weights on feel free to correct me tho
I think thats something that can be decided by the OP but I could be mistaken. Anyways if he does start with the weights on and speed is equalized thats another speed amp that lee can tap into. Even though he waited for might guy's approval in the fight against gaara before taking them off I think if he realizes how big of a threat retsu is that he would be willing to do so, and if he does he speedblitzes im pretty sure.

I dont think the chance of retsu one tapping lee is more likely than lee disengaging and using one of his amps to gain the upper hand and win. Yes his pressure points do have the ability to knock lee out but considering lee has higher ap and speed is equal it wont be too hard for lee to react and either dodge or deflect retsu's attacks. Lee likely has information about pressure points too since he's in the same team as neji. Though he wouldn't know that retsu uses them I'm sure he'd be wary of those kind of attacks.

Also even though retsu does outskill lee, I dont think its a huge gap or anything. Lee is able to match characters using magical techniques with just taijutsu alone, hes trained practically his entire life and does so with unmatched work ethic and a perfect teacher in might guy

I think I'll vote lee, the fight will start with them fighting in CQC, then after a while I think lee would use one of his amps if he sees retsu as such a threat

Bump, just to say though I do believe the skill gap is quite large considering Retsu's track record and the verse he's from at least. And Shaori will render most of the early fight strikes from Lee moot too

Back