• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, I personally am only for Infinite Attack Speed for only this specific blast and not any other attacks (which is why I said it is not really combat-applicable in the beginning of the thread).

Something like “FTL (reasoning) with Infinite Attack Speed via stabilization blast (reasoning)” should be imo.

Are the other points of the CRT okay tho?

The feat was done twice, the first time by the FSM using the same cores, 2nd time being Lloyd. Also, we saw the Mergequake Storm (the same thing Lloyd's wave stopped)) being comparable to SDP Lloyd's attack speed by producing a similar speed feat by covering the Multiverse

Also, one character's Attack Speed can be far above their other speed cats. Im saying it only scale to their Attack Speed:
god these feats are irking me

Yes, one's attack speed can be higher, but no, the speed of one attack doesn't inherently scale to the speed of all attacks. That is the presumption upon which this scaling rests. The purpose of scaling is proving comparability. One superhero isn't automatically as strong as the other- they must prove it, whether by fighting each other or fighting another person each to establish a chain. This is a simple form of scaling- here, it is the same idea, but with speed. You have some argument for infinite speed for an attack, now you would need to prove that other attacks are as fast as that.

I don't have an opinion on the other points because I haven't read the many blogs associated with them without some easily parsable changelog in the OP.

Well, I personally am only for Infinite Attack Speed for only this specific blast and not any other attacks (which is why I said it is not really combat-applicable in the beginning of the thread).

Something like “FTL (reasoning) with Infinite Attack Speed via stabilization blast (reasoning)” should be imo.
This would be in line with the letter of the rule as it is now. I will pivot to neutral on the subject currently, as I find the issue of cinematic time presenting things moving very obviously in comparison to the infinite speed thing to be a pretty distinct argument against it being actually infinite speed.

I ought to ask, is each universe infinitely sized? Is that stated somewhere? I'll believe you if you say yes, I'm sure it's in some cosmology post or something to that effect, but it is important to see a source.

The issue is moreso the fact that other things move on-screen in relation to the thing.

Hypothetical, this wave is moving at X speed but is being outpaced by a racecar. The same context applies, it is said to be encompassing the multiverse or what have you, and it appears to be doing so, but it is most certainly being outpaced by this racecar, which has a known speed (let's say 110 m/s). That would be a direct anti-feat to the notion of infinite speed- it is in fact slower than something with finite speed.

So this appears to be an issue that needs ironed out.
Fiction ignores such things for the sake of plot. The wave in the hypothetical has infinite speed because it covers the multiverse in a short time. To say otherwise is illogical because it did this. And the car that crosses this wave is the PIS.

Fiction ignores such things for the sake of plot. The wave in the hypothesis has infinite speed because it covers the multiverse in a short time. To say otherwise is illogical because it did this. And the car that crosses this wave is the PIS.
Fiction can do as it pleases. I am not so forgiving.

A direct anti-feat within the feat is notable. The wave in this hypothetical (not hypothesis) is finite in speed because it is slower than a racecar. To say otherwise is illogical because it ignores the thing happening on-screen. I gave this hypothetical to other staff since tackling this thread- the extent of the hypothetical varied for them, whether the blast was faster or slower than the car, but all agreed that a racecar outpacing the blast would indeed be too great an anti-feat to ignore.

Now, I had hoped to hear some explanation of perspective, something new to add, but I reckon we're past that point, and I suspect this is just one of many, as you put it, illogical points the wiki has simply absorbed into its mythos. It is the way that it is, and I don't really care too much. Hence my pivot to neutral. But to pretend as though an anti-feat means nothing appears to me dishonest. Or, at least, not taking proper consideration of the query before you.

I ought to ask, is each universe infinitely sized? Is that stated somewhere? I'll believe you if you say yes, I'm sure it's in some cosmology post or something to that effect, but it is important to see a source.
All Realms are parallel to Ninjago, so they should be infinitely sized too. And inside the infinite Ninjago scan is the source of were it comes from (Way of Departed, which can be considered canon via not contradicting the storyline)

I don't have an opinion on the other points because I haven't read the many blogs associated with them without some easily parsable changelog in the OP.
I have underlined everything new in the blogs to make things easier. Didn't do it for Nokt cuz pretty much everything in the stats section was changed. Everything else is just explained in the OP

Could you provide the bit from Way of Departed that has the infinite universe statement?

To dig further- is there a place to read that? The linked Twitter post doesn't contain the sourced passage.

Oh, I see. I clicked the right side but was below the half-way down mark, and got the third image. I thought there were only two, hence my confusion.

Is this intended to be published as a book or something? It is a bit odd.

Regardless, is there further context on the statement? The text seems to imply the teacher was "lying", or at least that the POV thought they were.

Oh, I see. I clicked the right side but was below the half-way down mark, and got the third image. I thought there were only two, hence my confusion.

Is this intended to be published as a book or something? It is a bit odd.
Its really like a short story, split in like 24 chapters, which each chapter being a twitter post of Tommy (show creator) of 4 pages or so

Looks more like range to me but I'll wait for other's responses
No it's attack speed (let's remember that the Omnitrix and Alien X got Immeasurable speed thanks to Annihilarrgh's blast creating all of space and all of time and this gave them immeasurable speed

Back