• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninja fights a disease

Raiden vs Alex Mercer

Low 7-C variations

In character speed equal

Alex: 4

Raiden:

Mismatch:

Incon:

Mgrr raiden by enijoi-d6pl6v6
Imma cut you down to size

Alex Mercer Prototype 2 Render

Not entirely certain how this will play out; but is there anyway for Raiden to bypass Alex's healing factor though? Alex also does appear to have an edge in hax, but I will wait for more input before casting a vote.

Is that for real?? Tell me that's real!!

I think electricity is a really big game changer for Raiden here. Not to mention his weapon can usually slice through with durability negation? Hitting Alex again and again and again would be enough to lower that Regenerationn until it can't really do anything.

A Blacklight Hydra (which is a creature inferior to Mercer) has already resisted being stunned/incapacitated by electricity in Prototype 2 after enough exposures, so Mercer's weakness to being locked in place by electricity is pretty much negligible here (especially since we're using Low 7-C Mercer, who scales to that feat).

As for Raiden's Muramasa, I doubt a sword used for slicing and dicing would be enough to destroy enough of Mercer's mass (even if such swords are known to weaken molecular bonds) before Raiden's speed amps runs out, especially since such swords are used to seperate body parts into halves. For a character who can reform from a puddle of blood through just a crow's biomass, all Raiden would do is inconvenience Mercer by slicing him into pieces, which Mercer would likely regenerate from due to the cut pieces falling down close to each other (and for a guy who can regenerate from a puddle of blood with something as small as a crow's biomass, absorbing the cut pieces of himself shouldn't be a difficult task for him). Unless Raiden's sword slashes are consistently shown to seperate the cut pieces of his targets far apart from each other, I doubt he would even be able to deprive Mercer of his biomass fast enough.

Once Raiden's speed amps are down, Mercer would simply just absorb all the organic parts of Raiden's body (or every single part of Raiden's body for that matter, due to Mercer's limited Matter Manipulation apparently) via touch and Raiden is done for.

I believe I've seen that video before and there's a hole on that argument. Can I request the vid just in case? Anyway the electricity affected it. What you had is it panicking upon seeing James Heller just got in. And everyone else noticed so the soldiers didn't want to stay and try to electrocute anyone.

Except Alex nearly ran out of Biomass before, as seen in his fight with James who just kept attacking and attacking and attacking. No consumption or special attacks. Just attack attack attack. Also the nuke is an anti feat. He wasn't even 100% when he ate that crow. Not a puddle of blood, a pile of bodymass that washed ashore.

The Blacklight Hydra scene is listed as a feat in Mercer's profile. Regardless, it shouldn't matter much either way since Mercer's Adaptation and Reactive Evolution would just allow Mercer to become more and more resistant to electricity until he no longers even gets locked in place by electricity, so Raider isn't stalling Mercer with electricity for long. Though the Hydra was mobile straight after it got shocked, so it doesn't seem like electricity by itself is good enough to incapacitate/stun it (since one of the workers said that the Hydra has to be "sedated" before they got killed) for long.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mercer's fight with James reeks of PIS, especially the part where he gets worn down by Heller (which contradicts Mercer's feat of regenerating from a puddle of blood via consuming a crow). In this site, we basically disregard the low-end capabilities of characters and refer to the high-end version of them instead (to ignore some inconsistencies with the characters' capabilties), which means Mercer isn't running out of biomass unless Raiden reduces his entire body into puddle of blood and deprived him of biomass (and near y biomass source). And I'm pretty sure he was a puddle of blood because he literally was nothing but a puddle of red goo before he ate that crew after the nuclear explosion. Also, you can't even know for sure if Mercer wasn't at 100% when he absorbed that crow, especially since he reformed his entire body from a puddle from just a crow's biomass. The cutscene after he regenerated could be visible proof that he is at full strength for all we know, and saying otherwise could involve too much speculation. Either way, there is a statement about Mercer being able to rebuild himself at the cellular level in Prototype 1, so Mercer's Regenerationn feat from the nuclear explosion isn't an outlier as some would think.

Also, how good is Raiden's resistance to Disease Manipulation?

Watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeTZgbW8mrE&feature=youtu.be&t=2m1s

So basically it was sedated, and when they zapped it it woke up, convulsing in fact. Which is usually related to being electrocuted or spasms. Man those idiotic scientists lol... It incapitates and electrocutes for the time it hits. And in comparison I'd say that Raiden's electricity is prob better than that taser prod thing. And it's an NLF to claim Alex would resist any type of electricity.

PIS or not it happened. It's real. It sucks to see Alex have that happen to him but it happened. There's no other explanation for it. IToo much damage would prevent the virus from recovering. Again, it wasn't regenerating from a puddle to full health. It was a puddle and barely being able to recover.

Just because a franchise has minor inconsistencies does not dismiss the existence of said weaknesses. Rewatched the ending. It doesn't seem like he's limping but it doesn't show him jumping off with ease or anything like that. Who knows. But either way he almost died. He was already so far from the nuke that was underwater. Also gonna need that statement cause that statement is contradicted by actual onscreen feats of Alex running out of biomass.

He's a cyborg but he does have a biological head but I don't think he's gonna be in range for that. If Alex does nick him and infect him, I think it's likely he loses.

Also taking back my vote.

I mean, Mercer already has resistance to Electricity Manipulation in his profile, which is supported by his Adaptation and Reactive Evolution. I don't think it'll be too implausible for Mercer gain better resistance to Electricity each time Raiden exposes him too electricity due to Mercer's Adaptation and limited Reactive Evolution (especially since this is the same type of method that Mercer uses to become completely resistant to Bloodtox around the end of the game, though it took a while for Mercer to adapt to that since it is specifically designed to affect infected/viral beings like him).

Yes, it happened. But if other characters in this site gets treated based on the high-end version of their capabilities, why should a character like Mercer be any different? Also, you're referring to the low-end version of Mercer when you've said that he gets worn down by opponents like Heller, and I'm pretty sure Mercer's feat of regenerating from a puddle is above that feat. Also, we don't even know for sure if Mercer isn't at full health when he consumed that crow, but we see him reforming his entire body and wasn't visibly affected in the aftermath of his Regenerationn, so Mercer is definitely not at a weakened state after he regenerated.

Here's the link for the statement.

Mercer doesn't need to nick Raider to infect him. He can unleash an infected gas/vapour and infect everything around him AOE style (which was able to infect basically the entire city a short span of time, and was only delayed as long as it did due to Blackwatch attempting to fight back and quarantine the infection). This type of wide scale infection is definitely in-character for Prototype 2 Mercer to do at the beginning of a fight. All Mercer needs to do is gas Raiden (which he can do at a range) and the cyborg gets infected.

Except that's a bit vague to say... and he hasn't reactive evolved against everything otherweise he would be untouchable by Heller when he's dealt with the same enemies before. Or being knocked around by rockets in the game or water. There's a lot of factors but his ability to resist electricity has never been addressed and is implied to be a weakness. I can at least say he overcame that level of electricity despite the unlikely event, of him being able to but nothing more.

Yeah. Because those show his thresholds. He can clearly run out of biomass.... He's not affected sure, but it doesn't mean he's at 100% health. He can walk like a human with what stuff he have and regenerate later.

@Statement He regenerates on a cellular level? Not gonna lie I do believe that "he regenerates from a single cell" exists out there, but it's likely exxageration.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Raiden is likely gonna either hop away or blow it away. That's why I retracted my vote. Or well, so I say but I never voted.

Which is why it is listed as Limited Reactive Evolution in Mercer's profile. From what I can tell, it doesn't work against things that affects him but doesn't particularly harm him (like being knocked around by rockets, as him being thrown around affects him, but it doesn't harm him because... Well, he just gets thrown around), and isn't really effective against other Blacklight beings. Also, the reason why Mercer jumps out of water every time is confirmed by one of the Prototype staffs/developers' statements (thus, it is a Word of God type of evidence) via not being able to add swimming animation, so water is definitely not one of Mercer's weakness.

Those thresholds are lower than Prototype 1 Mercer's Regenerationn feat, where he has access to even less amount of Biomass than he did in Prototype 2 after his fight against Heller when his arms got ripped out (I'm pretty sure he has less biomass as a puddle with a crow's biomass than he would as a mostly intact armless individual). We almost always use the high-end version of the characters' capabilities in this site, so Mercer's puddle regenerating feat is still applicable here. Whether or not Mercer is truly at full health wouldn't matter once he decides to infect everything.

Hop away from something that is able to encompass an entire city at a relatively short span of time? That seems easier said than done for a character like Raiden. I doubt Raiden can just blow it all away when this type of infection is capable of infecting both living and non-living targets (the Blacklight Virus scales to the Redlight Virus, via the former being developed to be superior to the latter and the fact that Mercer gains all the abilities of Elizabeth Greene upon consuming her. Since the Redlight Virus is able to infect inanimate objects such as metal railings, a street post sign, and even entire buildings, the Blacklight Virus should be able to possess those capabilities). Even assuming Raiden manages to evade all of this, he wouldn't even be able to get close to Mercer without getting infected due even more of Mercer's viral gasses that is likely pouring out of his body.

Question: can MG Maiden actually kill Alex Mercer. Like if Raiden's electric attacks can go as strong as his slices into the Blacklight Virus.

If yes, Alex FRA. If no, Alex stomps.

1. Alex can't run out of biomass, since he is biomass

2. Regarding electricity- it isn't really a weakness but people gathered that from one fight. Nowhere in the series is it mentioned that the virus is receptive to electricity, and also if that was the case, out of the millions of soldiers combating the virus in the verse, only one has used electricity for offensive purposes. If it was truly a weakness I'm sure almost every soldier would have electric weapons.

Back