• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare (FNAF) vs Red Grant (1 VOTE REMAINING)

Teleportation and stealth mastery sounds like it suuuucks to fight against so that could be super tricky

Oh I see

Anyway, it comes down to teleportation and SM against AP, experience and skill. I don't think Nightmare spams teleportation when they actually reach its target

I think my main problem that makes me iffy about voting for Grant is the fact that Nightmare has so many more natural weapons, with its claws and teeth, and I'm not sure where you'd even be able to hit that thing

also technically there's an advantage of him being in the pizzeria so he knows the environment. I also just feel like if you were to punch anywhere on the animatronicnyoud get stabbed

Well yeah it's just like I'm looking at Nightmare.

i don't know how Grant would be able to hit him in the slightest considering all the dangerous weaponry on all the places where a garrote wire would be useful

I only gave him that because people would come in saying stomp with any weaponry

I'll give him a handgun as he always carries on one his person

This is a bit tough. Sure Grant has some weaponry, but Nightmare is dangerous to be around. I'll wait here.

Yeah. I'll just vote Nightmare via being able to say that word.

Jokes aside, this is still a bit tough.

I feel like with a gun RG would have no reason to get close, but if Nightmare can just TP to him then his gun isn't really useful so hmmm.

Since I can't vote on this I'm not gonna give my opinion much

But I will say if I was voting on this it would be looking like Incon because Grant has an AP advantage although it's hard to tell what exactly the AP is but teleportation could work around it. It is really tricky

There has been so much discussion but like

noooo votes.

but alright let's say that Nightmare gets close enough by teleporting. What can Grant do then? Using a gun is a lot more difficult when something is right on top of you.

Well Grant has the physical AP advantage. Nightmare I believe is baseline where as Grant is far above it via scaling to Bond who can take out baselines. So while not exactly quantifiable it's above baseline by a decent amount

Grant is an assassin who is known for excellent accuracy with firearms for hand to hand combat and assasination. He's SPECTRE's top assasin so to speak

I mean, even then I don't know where you'd even hit Nightmare in the first place, still. And it Nightmare uses teleportation to either suddenly approach him up front or from behind, Grant is gonna have a super difficult time doing much. Nightmare can likely take a bullet before lunging forward to bite, and it's still difficult to shoot a gun st a target so close, and you can't tell me that it wouldn't cause Grant to lose his cool for at least a second because, let's be honest, that thing is terrifying.

Also AP quite frankly doesn't mean too much. If you check the AP gap it's literally just 100 joules to 300 joules, so that means very little, especially when there's piercing damage involved on Nightmare's side, which makes up for the lack of AP, if there even is one. All it takes is one bite and Grant has a seriously messed up arm.

Sorry I was at work hahaha

Had an 8 hour shift

Anyway yeah I'm pretty sure Grant would be scared at first but I'll point out that NM only uses teleportation to get close. It's not like he spams it. If Grant doesn't see him in front of him he is gonna be checking in every direction. While I'm sure NM could teleport behind him, Grant can just dodge it I mean an assassin of his calibre isn't gonna stand there in fright. Plus NM going for the bite isn't exactly noiseless and Red Grant can react and avoid. Meanwhile Grant holds an AP advantage and can overpower NM physically and he isn't gonna try and punch a robot, he'll flip it over he's shoulder or go for weak spots being an assassin. Then he'd probably shoot the gun into electrical wiring.

Now I know what you're gonna ask is what if NM surprises him and teleports behind him. Yeah he could potentially hurt Grant that's for sure. But he's an assassin and this is a metal robot which does not attack soundless. It can move soundless but not attack as shown in FNAF games. A highly trained operative from SPECTRE knows to avoid quickly. While I'm sure NM can land a bit, IMO it's more likely Grant outsmarts it and finds a weakness

Sorry I was at school and tired. Lemme look at this.

Obligatory

I'm gonna have to correct you on that. Nightmare has two different attacks in game that he uses, as he uses one where he does, in fact, scream, though it's dififcult to interpret this as him having to scream but instead just a preference, but besides that he also has a killscreen where's it's completely silent and you only hear a high pitched beep. Of course I don't remember much about FNaF lore so maybe that's not a canonical attack he can use, but still.

Technically speaking Nightmare uses teleportation a lot to get from one hallway of the house to another, so it's not too strange to say he'd use it to confuse Grant on where he's coming from, and if he teleports behind Grant and screams, Grant would hardly have enough time to respond in the first place, as all it takes is a single bite to the skull which could be easily secured. Nightmare does bite while screaming I believe so that does mean he can do both at the same time, likely due to a voice box.

Now you're overpowering statement, sure, that's fair enough, but what can he do after overpowering the robot? Let go of Nightmare with one hand and he's creamed, because he's going to get stabbed, or otherwise could just be bitten straight up due to the fact you'd also have to restrain his head. Grant doesn't have three arms to fight back.

And when you talk about throwing him over his shoulder I'm...very much iffy about that. Nightmare likely weighs a lot, a couple hundred pounds at least? Considering he is an animatronic. I understand that's grant has peak human lifting strength but I'm not sure if he can easily flip something that weighs a couple hundred pounds or more over his shoulder before that thing just bites him or stabs him, and it's gonna be hard to find a weakness against sometimhing that won't give you the time to do so, as I'm sure if Grant walks away from the animatronic far enough Nightmare is just gonna teleport to him,

Okay, fair enough.

But uh...Nightmare with high difficulty yeah. I don't think he can get out unscathed but in the end he should be able to take it.

Still tho m8 good argument. I enjoyed it.

it gave me an excuse to use my Phoenix Wright gif

I dunno I just do.

Arsenal's a cool dude and I was just like

initiate shut down

I dunno I just feel bad debating is weird for me

Back