• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Night at The Museum: Some explanations please

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
All right, so I saw some Night at the Museum profiles created recently and...there are at least two things I need an explanation for

1. Wall level+ characters

Characters from the game are ranked as wall level+ but the only things I could find for their ratings are a couple of uncalced feats and scaling from a Giant Squid and a T Rex, neither of whom are wall level+ in their profiles

A plus sign can only be used if there's a calc putting someone in the upper half of a tier so where is it? Where's the calc justifying this tier for the NATM characters?

2.The Tablet's Rating

The Tablet is currently rated at High 8-C, possibly 3-A...and gotta say, this High 8-C looks mighty suspicious to me

I'm only slightly joking, the reasoning for the high 8-C is legit more faulty than the one for 3-A (though that's not to say I'm fully confident about 3-A). The reasoning is "Its magic can was able to power all the artifacts in the Museum including Abraham Lincoln, Rexy, the Giant Squid, Kahmunrah and several countless more" which is not an AP feat, at least not in way it has been interpreted. Bringing everything within a Large Building sized area to life is not large building level AP, it's only large building level range and the sooner this is corrected in the profile, the better

+ comes from the game. And only the games. Which is because Rexy can Smash multiple piles of crates as high as him just by walking alone. That's why it's separated by | this key

And the Tablet being as strong as the things it would bring to life would make sense. Durability wise now I get it yo I wanna have that removed. I wasn't exactly certain when putting that one there. But I went with it because the device has to be consistently giving of the magic to power everything. It's the reason any of these things can move, even if they are made of the stone like Lincoln. I just landed about assuming the power it would take to power all the artifacts from the museum and kinda landed there. Not that it's powering a large building. It's giving power to several countless characters in the Mueseum

Due to the same material it being made of, and a crate being composed of more wood, Smashing a crate should be comparable and possibly superoir to Breaking a door

10:05 it shows to frag pretty violently. But since we do see pieces still, it shouldn't be pulverize. This video shows him smash 6 at least that were stacked on the floor. V frag is 1136121.74 Joules per one

Which is 6,816,730.44 joules just for that feat alone by walking. 0.00162923767686424 Tons of TNT. Which is closer to the baseline of Small building than Low wall. So the + should work

And then here at 0:08, we see how high piles can get, which razcy should be able to Smash simply by walking.

That work? I know we have justified other feate by referring to common ones before like this

I'd recommend calcing Rexy's feats since they're solid (I'd also say Unknown for the tablet since we don't know how big the Underworld is)

@Butter From what I can tell, + needs 2.5 kg or higher so the calculation won't qualify

Not to mention using the exact value of a door destruction calc for a crate destruction calc because they are the same material isn't even accurate.

Get the feats calced properly, I'll be removing the plus signs for now.

Hellbeast1 said:
I'd recommend calcing Rexy's feats since they're solid (I'd also say Unknown for the tablet since we don't know how big the Underworld is)
I had said the same thing, but Butter said it it should scale to egypt myth's perception of the underworld. I personally am iffy on that but kinda makes sense...?

Hellbeast1 said:
All I know is it's needed to open a gate to the Underworld (Nothing about actual creation there)
I do remember watching the second Night of the Museum and what the Tablet did is that it open the coffin to the Underworld.

The problem with that is that it still would have had to make the under world in the first place (else that means eygption culture is right which opens up a huge can of worms due to this following human history. Which is why it's also labeled as possibly)

As well, also, the paintings as well, which seems to be their own universe. Like the one with the man and Women holding a pitchfork. That's not even based on anything real (I believe) and it worked like any other painting where they could go inside it where a world was. So creation for every single painting when there were several. One they even interacted and went inside, which proved my point more since they went around this world beyond what the painting showed. The Tablet would be responsible for the paintings at the very least, and debatably the underworld too.

No. That didn't suggest anything except that it showed the underworld. Like I said. For this gate to even work, the underworld would have had to actually exist. This however would make the eygption culture and ways right if it actually did, which opens up a lot of problems and contributions thanks to it being based on human history. IRL.

And it's the implying that it's a universe. When they enter inside one of the paintings. They were able to explore beyond just the streets, as well, even showed one of them at home later on. So it's very likely a universe. It implies it. And it worked like that for all paintings.

I don't see the issue with assuming Egypt's stuff is real,in-universe, considering the tablet is powered by Egyptian magic.

Because the contridictions it would have considering what this movie is based on. It was meant to be our actual human history. With the magic tablet. Which has some heavy contradictions when saying their culture was right

Adding in. The painting ordeal helps prove it too. But literally having created those places. Even when they weren't based on IRL places. They still were made. Meaning the Tablet Made them.

@Butter

That is incorrect given how the Tablet is the reason why those paintings comes to life and the fact the Tablet was used for a certain character to gain access to the gate of the Underworld.

Not to mention assuming the paintings are the size of a universe is taking the highest interpretation possible without proof or statement that suggest they are that size.

Yobo Blue said:
I don't see the issue with assuming Egypt's stuff is real,in-universe, considering the tablet is powered by Egyptian magic.
My point is that we don't have any proof of this being creation to say the least.

I have absolutely no clue how that is supposed to prove the underworld being created by the tablet. If a certain mythology is correct in a verse then a certain mythology is correct in that verse, it's that simple and the problems that the Underworld being real would cause honestly just seems to come from nowhere.

That just meant that the Tablet was magic. Not that all Egyption culture was right.

And it shows you can clearly explore the world beyond what's actually shown in the paintings. And there's no that place could have existed without the basic needs to keep life there since Larry could go in there without problem. Which would imply the sun being there. Plus the fact this is more so the same world in black and white and In a different time period.

You mean when Larry and Amelia enter this painting that takes place in 1945:

https://youtu.be/7eSWYP4gYnU

It doesn't suggest the painting is the size of a universe giving how we only see a city and its citizens celebrating V-Day.

Seriously nowhere does it implies to be the size of a universe in that scene.

My point is that we don't have any proof of this being creation to say the least.

Exactly. Since it's real, it can't have been created by the tablet.

Considering it follows the same laws, shows world beyond just what we see in the painting, and basics things the earth and people would need to live like the sun for Larry or anyone to be able to be in there implies this place would have to be bigger. It shows it is bigger as well through their exploring. I say it's fair to assume it's a universe as others worked the same like The Underworld.

@Butter

Headcanon since the Underworld has no statements nor showings of it being the size of a universe though.

Also using this logic implied a pocket dimension will always been the same size as a universe which is quite frankly BS.

Following laws doesn't equate to meaning they are size of a universe anyway.

It's the underworld which is Hell. Which in belief is its own universe and widely used across fiction as its own universe. So it would qualify as a universe

Which would also help support the paintings as well

And No. it wouldn't be known by any means. There are easily feats that give it certain levels on power.

Yeah the Tablet will be rated "Unknown" in this case as the only feats it has is by giving life to objects that is displayed in a museum and being used to access a gate to the Underworld.

@Butter Again there is no proof of the Underworld being considered the size of a universe in the movie so I fail to see why we using irl mythology to fictional mythology.

Buttersamuri said:
It's the underworld which is Hell. Which in belief is its own universe and widely used across fiction as its own universe. So it would qualify as a universe

Which would also help support the paintings as well

And No. it wouldn't be known by any means. There are easily feats that give it certain levels on power.
No and I doubt we gonna accept your words for this giving how you fail to support this without any evidence to back it up anyway.

It's not even the size of the underworld that concerns me, it's the fact I am yet to see proper evidence of the Tablet creating it that puts the whole 3-A rating into question.

Andytrenom said:
It's not even the size of the underworld that concerns me, it's the fact I am yet to see proper evidence of the Tablet creating it that puts the whole 3-A rating into question.
The size of the Underworld does, however, need to confirmed to been the size of a universe. Otherwise what's the point of showing evidence that suggest it is the case?

Underworld is literally defined as Hell. And hell and Heaven, like on the wiki too, accepts them typically as universes less they contradicted otherwise. religion has seen them as universes. And several pages on this wiki has justification for using that logic that Places like hell are universe sized.

Hell and Heaven normally ain't portrayed as a universe though.

I doubt it since I having a hard time believing that will always been the case.

It typically is. Heck, I can pull this link up quickly which talks about heaven itself.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/where-is-heave

Here it refers to Heaven as infinite.

"According to the Bible, the universe is not only infinite"

And for Egyptians themselves

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_religio

"Beneath the earth lay a parallel underworld and undersky, and beyond the skies lay the infinite expanse of Nu"

Nu being in the Underworld and refered to as infinite in size.

@Butter

I don't think using a website will be helpful as well using the Wikipedia for this case as this is basically assuming it will be the case for this situation so I not gonna accept this as evidence as it isn't stated in the movie regarding the Underworld from Night of the Museum. Also I doubt it Nu is located in the underworld since this argument isn't really good to use anyway.

Then that's ignoring evidence. This is quite literally made to be the religious underworld based on this culture. This is literslly supposed to be the underworld. So it would follow the same rules as it. You would need to be the one providing proof Agaisnt it. Cause the proof for it is its supposed to be the underworld and that's what the underworld is describe in religion. These are things based on the religious books like the Bible or Egyption culture. Saying "I'm not going to accept that as evidence" doesn't do anything to prove against it. That isn't how it works, and Nu is In the underworld. It literally was talking about the underworld.

Right now. Your only argument is "I doubt" or "I'm not accepting this" despite the links and religion literally saying these would qualify as being literally infinite in size in more than one religion. And even the culture that we are literally talking about.

Back