• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Calaca Vs said:
Dante vs Bayonetta.
To be fair, that was around a period where even VBW (VS Battle Wikia) decided that Dante was universe-tier and that Bayonetta instead needed to get kicked back to around Planet or Continent-tier IIRC. So not even "us" were completely certain (then again, things will always be subjected to analysis, so a character's tier is never in complete statis).

But here's something I wanted to discuss with everyone here if possible. I am not sure if official DB researchers are involved on this blog , and while they don't seem to acknowledge the distinction between 3A and (Low-)2C, I did find it interesting to come across calcs that state Mario is much faster than Sonic. Base Mario easily beats Base Sonic, but I'm wondering how Mario would fair against Super Sonic if we were to put Super Sonic at his minimum against Mario. Mind you, this doesn't mean Infinite Speed!Super Sonic although I find a shame that neither DB nor even all DB researchers in said blog acknowledge his Universe-tier feats.

That being said, I have my questions about Super Sonic having Infinite Speed since that would mean he would have been *literally* equal to Time Eater yet Super Sonic still manages to avoid his attacks despite both of them being Infinite in Speed. And... well, one of the researchers does seem to make a fair point about if Base Sonic is FTL then why would he use Laser Wisps?

@Jakob: I get your point. Even in this site you can see characters move around tiers frequently, I mean, LoZ got buffed, RWBY got downgraded, Castlevania is going through revisions right now, etc.

All in all, you can try your darnest to get concrete facts and evidence in VS debating, but in the end there will always be a good deal of subjective analysis, interpretation and assumptions involved. For example: A character destroys a building, cool, what is the building made of? Concrete? Stone? Metal? How big it was? How do we measure it? Does the character have an official height to scale? The way it was done is a bit confusing? Was it his doing or the building collapsed under its own weight after being struck? Etc.

Now, don't get me wrong, doesn't mean it's wrong to come to your own conclussions or stand with your position, but it kinda explains why depending on where you go the results vary so enormously, despite how defensive people can get on their own, and how you can find out after a while that you got X character wrong.

@Calaca: IIRC a fan asked Hideki Kamiya if Mundus really did create a galaxy or something in his fight with Dante, and Kamiya replied "Universe".

The fight is going to be extremely close between Ultron and Sigma. I know very little about the two, but based on the data on this site, both are relatively equal in terms of strength, speed, and durability. In addition, both seem like they can't really be put down for good, because their physical bodies ultimately don't matter. However, based on two facts, I'm leaning more towards Ultron:

1. To take down Ultron, it usually takes a group of geniuses and powerful warriors to bring him down, whereas with Sigma, it takes, at maximum, three robots to defeat him

2. Ultron has been able to "hack" the human brain and even a genetically-engineered super alien (Adam Warlock) and possess people, whereas, as far as I know, the Sigma virus can only affect machines. Based on that, it would seem like Ultron's hacking is more powerful than Sigma's

Sorvoe551 said:
The fight is going to be extremely close between Ultron and Sigma. I know very little about the two, but based on the data on this site, both are relatively equal in terms of strength, speed, and durability. In addition, both seem like they can't really be put down for good, because their physical bodies ultimately don't matter. However, based on two facts, I'm leaning more towards Ultron:
1. To take down Ultron, it usually takes a group of geniuses and powerful warriors to bring him down, whereas with Sigma, it takes, at maximum, three robots to defeat him

2. Ultron has been able to "hack" the human brain and even a genetically-engineered super alien (Adam Warlock) and possess people, whereas, as far as I know, the Sigma virus can only affect machines. Based on that, it would seem like Ultron's hacking is more powerful than Sigma's
Hack the human brain? what the hell?

Sigma has taken 3 very strong robots at most to take down. To kill him for good it took a special anti-virus made from Zero's "DNA" and X sacrificing himself. And it took a genius comparable to the likes of Dr. Light and Dr. Wily to make it, that being Ciel.

I mean the virus as a whole, which is effectively Sigma. Sigma's personality can be destroyed by simply leaving the Maverick Virus separated from technology for an extended period of time. But without prior knowledge Ultron wouldn't do that.

MexicanJesus69 said:
Hack the human brain? what the hell?
Ultron has taken over the body of Hank Pym, his creator, as well as Adam Warlock, both completely organic beings. Whether Ultron used neural implants to do this, I don't know for certain, but I don't believe he does. An AI being able to take control of a human brain completely is very impressive.

Now, if the Maverick Virus is a virus in the traditional sense, it makes sense that it could infect humans as well, though it wouldn't be as impressive as X, for example, taking over someone with his AI alone. One thing I'm not sure of is this: what exactly does the Maverick Virus do? Granted, I'm only basing my thought off the Mega Man X: Day of Sigma movie, but it just seems that the virus turns robots against their human masters, aka "evil," but it never seems to infect X, Zero, or Axel. If any of the Black Zeros you fight in the latter half of the X franchise are actually Zero, then the effects don't last very long, as he's back on the side of good by the end of the game.

One last thing, does Ultron have the ability to analyze and develop countermeasures to computer viruses like the Maverick Virus. He seems to be able to hack most anything and not be hacked himself, so that could give him an advantage against Sigma

Maverick virus is strong enough to hack billions of reploids at once very easily. Maybe sigma can manage to control Ultron or at least weakens it just like happened to X

So the virus is good at hacking robots, but if the robot it's trying to hack is already "evil," will it really affect them? Also, it seems that Sigma doesn't really have access to a robot hivemind like Ultron does with his drones, so Sigma may be fighting an army alone in the fight, since the other Robot Masters will most likely be considered outside help while the drones probably won't be

The thing is Ultron's minor drones (I'm guessing) Wouldn't have as strong as a firewall that the hive mind/Ultron himself, and eventually Sigma will probably be able to possess Ultron. It's been implied that, if given a good enough chance, Sigma COULD and WOULD possess X (See X3's ending). And even robots resistant to the virus specifically (I.E. Zero) have been infected by it (Albeit in a non-canon alternate ending. See X5). Heck, Sigma might even be smart enough to take over Ultron's drone production lines like he did with the New Generation Reploids in X8. Or however Ultron gets those.

Sorvoe551 said:
So the virus is good at hacking robots, but if the robot it's trying to hack is already "evil," will it really affect them? Also, it seems that Sigma doesn't really have access to a robot hivemind like Ultron does with his drones, so Sigma may be fighting an army alone in the fight, since the other Robot Masters will most likely be considered outside help while the drones probably won't be
I dont think the drone wouldn´t be considered outside help, i think we are gonna see different Ultrons and Sigmas fighting each other, or just one Ultron and many Sigma versions.

I dont think the drone wouldn´t be considered outside help, i think we are gonna see different Ultrons and Sigmas fighting each other, or just one Ultron and many Sigma versions.

Both are infamous for hopping around machines... Well highly depending on which versions of Ultron and Sigma the SA crew choose.

You know, they can pit MCU Daredevil against Teen Titans Nightwing and call a win for Nightwing for better analytical sKills and on-hand countermeasures against DD.

That's an interesting point people make here. How come Sigma has NOT managed to hack/possess X and Axl so far? I get that Zero is resistant to it but how come X, Axl and their allies aren't being Maverick'd by Sigma? And if the Sigma virus can affect humans, how come Sigma hasn't used it to successfully bring about his genocidal goal to kill humanity?

Jakob C. Brown said:
That's an interesting point people make here. How come Sigma has NOT managed to hack/possess X and Axl so far? I get that Zero is resistant to it but how come X, Axl and their allies aren't being Maverick'd by Sigma? And if the Sigma virus can affect humans, how come Sigma hasn't used it to successfully bring about his genocidal goal to kill humanity?
Hacking strength can be a point.

Even our mind manipulation page suggests that mind manipulation can go anywhere from telepathy to higher levels stuff like mind control or soul erasure.

Ultron hacks DEATH BATTLE! on Youtube

SA this time did specify they were using the Marvel Comics version Ultro not the MCU one, as if one may think they know themselves have downplayed Marvel characters so many times so hard some people may have thought they were using the MCU versions instead.

Inb4 they confuse canon Sigma with Archie Sigma

I would like to learn about when SA confuse game canon Sigma with Archie Sigma.

JohnCenaNation said:
Knowing ScrewAttack, they are going to do regular Ultron from Marvel Comics vs Eighth Form Sigma from Megaman game series.
Animation wise, it would be

Regular Ultron with lots of Ultron clones at varying sizes PLUS Hive Mind vs Sigma at Mega Man X > one of the giant size Sigma variation with some underlings > one of the virus form Sigma > Sigma at Mega Man X8 (gets killed)

It's something without research (Still upset DIO didn't stop time at all in the second half of the fight).

Yeah, amazing animation.

It´s with no research so i dont care.

I actually have the thought that all Death Battles are with no research (i know they are with research), thanks to this i never complain about the result, just if the animation is gud or not

I feel like it's similar to Spark Mandril. Like

Hah! You think mere bullets can stop DIO?! Za- gets shot Ow! Alright, let me try again. ZA- gets shot OH COME ON

Back