• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
Seriously, guys. Let that matchup go. Sonic lost. It happened. You don't see any other non-GvS matchup getting the amount of salt this one is getting, even if it's even more inaccurate. At least DB got the result right.
Yang vs Tifa says hi

Beamgc said:
That would be useless, Sonic dont have a dick
Deviantart would like to have a word with you.

As for the fight I'm dissapointed. I was hyping this so damn much and the final result was some flat IMO. The animation is good but I found it some boring regarding the match and the outcome is laughable. They made a DBC some time ago where they compared Sonic to Goku and they said Sonic has 1/3 the power to bust an universe due to fighting Solaris alongside Shadow and Silver so... 200 kilotons >>>>> 1/3 Universe Level.

I was referring to where Calaca Vs was saying that Sonic was 1/3 universal.

Interestingly enough, Pure Hearts Mario is 2-B but is only massively FTL+ compared to Super Sonic who is 2-C but has infinite speed.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I was referring to where Calaca Vs was saying that Sonic was 1/3 universal.
Interestingly enough, Pure Hearts Mario is 2-B but is only massively FTL+ compared to Super Sonic who is 2-C but has infinite speed.
1, Sorry for misunderstanding

2, Sonic gets his hands broken lmao

Giving the fact that Pre-Crisis is Low 2-C and has some hax that Goku doesn't resist and can't counter with his own hax (cause he doesn't have lol) and is omnipresent.

Calaca Vs said:
Giving the fact that Pre-Crisis is Low 2-C and has some hax that Goku doesn't resist and can't counter with his own hax (cause he doesn't have lol) and is omnipresent.
That small part is only a hypothetical Pre-Crisis Superman with the sword of Superman, though Pre-Crisis blitzes to oblivion.

Rooting for Sigma here, but... does he have a chance against Ultron?

Looking at their pages for reference at least, Ultron seems to have tons of advantages. Then again I am completely ignorant about Ultron so I can't say.

Ultron's a bit more aggressive here. He'd be willing to attack and is way stronger here. That speed gap also gives him an edge. That's just my seeing of it.

From what I know, Archie characters in general not just Sonic are absolutely insane in terms of powers so it's unlikely they'll consider him for the same reason they didn't bring up Archie Sonic against Mario.

Off topic: it's a bit disappointing when I found out Megaman X was going to join Sonic and Classic Megaman with his own Golden Mode in the final battle but Sega said no.

https://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8246&start=0#p428620

Also that's power Sigma wanted to achieve but was stopped before he could doubt he would get it in a DB

Maverick Zero X said:
Archie Sigma fought some 2-As so he'd be far above All Father Ultron unless I'm missing something
Probably, Archie Comics and the japanese novels has the most ridiculous powers i have ever seen

So ridiculous that is bad imo

They're going to use game Sigma, so Archie Sigma won't be considered by them. Mostly because they always tend to use the original incarnations of characters. Unles they're like, "Well they both have comic incarnations..."

Also, I'm pretty sure they had a podcast kind of thing where they dscussed who would win in a fight. I don't remember how it went or the timestamp, but I thought it was an interesting watch at the time cause they did discuss a lot of feats of the characters. I'd sugesst it's worth checking out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9wzAMZ_B4

DraycoMakargo said:
They're going to use game Sigma, so Archie Sigma won't be considered by them. Mostly because they always tend to use the original incarnations of characters. Unles they're like, "Well they both have comic incarnations..."

Also, I'm pretty sure they had a podcast kind of thing where they dscussed who would win in a fight. I don't remember how it went or the timestamp, but I thought it was an interesting watch at the time cause they did discuss a lot of feats of the characters. I'd sugesst it's worth checking out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9wzAMZ_B4
Well they are good cherry pickers sometimes.

They may ignore Archie Sigma and All Father Ultron, but they may have Ultron with the Infinity Gauntlet powers (since in one animation Ultron reaps away such powers after the Avengers defeated Thanos in that animation).

Also, do not forget Ultron can possess more robots than Sigma at a time, so it is understandable Ultron has better hacking and anti-hacking skills.

And of course Ultron body is still very hard even if we ignore the adamantium thing.

Ultron is also currently fused with his creator Hank Pym, so alongside everything he already has, you can add on hanks intelligence and his shrinking and growing abilities (Aka Pym particles) to his abilities.

Ultron is also currently fused with his creator Hank Pym, so alongside everything he already has, you can add on hanks intelligence and his shrinking and growing abilities (Aka Pym particles) to his abilities.

So Death Battle Cast went over some questions from fans about the fight, and a few of them help shed light on their research process. Keep in mind, I'm just repeating their answers.

Why didn't you use Cappy? Sonic resisted mind control several times, so it wouldn't matter.

Sonic can stay Super for days, why did you say it couldn't last a minute? It only happened in Sonic Advance, and what happened in space wasn't made clear during that few day period (They said maybe he time traveled or found some Power Rings as random examples). Otherwise, it always has a time limit in game. (Personal note, he did pass out after fighting Dark Gaia in Unleashed as SS, so maybe it is taxing to keep up the form)

Why didn't Hyper Sonic's Hyper Flash kill Mario instantly? In the games where Hyper Sonic shows up, it can't kill boss characters in one hit, only common enemies.

Why didn't you calculate Sonic's durability from being in the black hole? Wisps were protecting him the whole time, doesn't count.

Why didn't you use Archie Sonic? Because he's BROKEN AF and way more powerful than Game Sonic.

So that's what they had to say about it. There were a few more questions, but I don't remember them right now. Also, Ben pulled out some old Sonic comics and listed off some feats to explain why Archie wasn't used. The ones he mentioned were:

1. Sonic once splashed saltwater, removed the salt before physics could affect, and threw it at a robot to exploit a weakness, all in a trillionth of a second, which is only 100 times faster than the fastest moment in time humanity can observe and record.

2. In a fight between Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles, a clash between them blew up a Zone, basically an entire dimension.

3. Sonic outran time itself with a Power Ring on his back in order to attract a "time beam" and save the planet from dying

4. After the Black Hole Machine feat on the Archie Sonic page, the machine exploded and launched Sonic 847,000 light years away into space. He then crash landed on some random moon and got back up a few minutes later perfectly fine.

Yeah, this is why Archie Sonic was left out, he's just too powerful. Ben didn't cite the specific issues (I own the issue for #2, I just don't remember the name right now), but I'm sure someone here can find them and confirm them. I'd love to see the calculation for the force it took to launch Sonic that far into space, the number is probably astronomical.

There's plenty of valid reason not to use the Archie Comics feats in a fight. I don't think very many of us would contest that.

Using gameplay mechanics to say Super Sonic can't last a full minute is a flawed argument. It's like saying Mario can die from touching a Goomba. Rings are never shown or mentioned in cutscenes.

Back