• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

News about the Solar System

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baseline isn't gonna change since you don't even need 4-B energy to wipe out Pluto at that range.

I'd have to calc it but destroying Neptune at range might be stronger than destroying Pluto at further range. Neptune is a sturdy gas giant while Pluto is a relatively small planetoid.

(3*(6.67408×10^-11)*(1.309×10^22)^2)/(5*1188000) = 5.776x10^27 joules

4*(5.776x10^27)*((5.906x10^12)/1188000)^2 = 5.71x10^41 joules

So yeah. It is barely more powerful to destroy Pluto range its distance to the Sun than to just destroy the Sun itself. No chanes will occur even if Pluto has its planet status re-instated.

But to be fair, Pluto is smaller than the Moon. Take the planet title away and the poor thing has nothing going for it (other than its atmosphere).

Last I heard, it's the opposite. I heard articles saying Pluto's about to be considered even less of a planet though.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'd have to calc it but destroying Neptune at range might be stronger than destroying Pluto at further range. Neptune is a sturdy gas giant while Pluto is a relatively small planetoid.
But shouldnt solar system be destroying every planet in our solar system at range?

Well Pluto isn't a planet, but if it was it wouldn't matter. Yes, destroying the Solar System is to destroy every planet in the system from the Sun. But the energy required to destroy Neptune at range is higher than Pluto at ranged. If you used just the farthest planet, Neptune would remain in-tact. If Neptune survived, you didn't bust the Solar System.

That is why it wouldn't change.

If the question is answered, I suppose we can close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back