• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't think it's infinite. They're clearly shown to get tired Chille Tid being a good example.

Also, a podcast that I've heard about but can't seem to find has Rebecca Sugar outright state that gems feed on light, for what that's worth.

Except Garnet outright states they can fight forever and they are stated to have infinite energy within their Gems

WeeklyBattles said:
Except Garnet outright states they can fight forever and they are stated to have infinite energy within their Gems
This statement has been repeatedly contradicted though. Lapis got tired from holding down Malachite, Pearl go tired after a spar with Steven and Connie, and Amethyst was exhausted after her bout with Steven.

She didnt tho, it was mental strain not physical exhaustion and even then if you really want to use Lapis as an example thats multiple months worth of stamina from constantly fighting non-stop

Where were either of them shown to be tired? Pearl was flustered and irritated but not tired.

WeeklyBattles said:
She didnt tho, it was mental strain not physical exhaustion and even then if you really want to use Lapis as an example thats multiple months worth of stamina from constantly fighting non-stop

Where were either of them shown to be tired? Pearl was flustered and irritated but not tired.
Fair.

Pearl was shown actually huffing abd puffing a bit there. Rewatched the Amethyst example, just misremembered. Doesn't change the Chille Tid example though.

What is the Chille Tid example? The episode in general was literally trying to get Pearl to experience dreaming and to establish Steven's dream powers. Amethyst even states that she doesnt need to sleep, she just likes the feeling. Gems also dont need food or water.

WeeklyBattles said:
What is the Chille Tid example? The episode in general was literally trying to get Pearl to experience dreaming and to establish Steven's dream powers. Amethyst even states that she doesnt need to sleep, she just likes the feeling. Gems also dont need food or water.
"You guys look exhausted."

Cut to exhausted gems

"We look awsome."

I agree with Gems not needing sleep, that's well established, but Gems being able to fight in peak condition forever isn't true. Amethyst has worn herself out on multiple occasions (See: Amethyst vs. Steven as well as that episode where she continuously shape-shifts), for example.

Continuous shapeshifting uses more energy yes but Gems have an established unlimited amount of energy stored in their Gem

If continuous shapeshifting can drain them of energy, doesn't that contradict them having limitless energy?

I mean I get the lore, it's just contradicted a lot in fights and in general.

Guys, not to bother

But it's 2 am here, and have several of source coding for the profiles ready to edit

So either I edit them now and you make the stamina changes, or I go to sleep and start editing tomorrow (cause no way I'll let all the source edit to waste)

Ya choice.

@Dargoo her form wasnt sustainable because it was rushed and a physical impediment to her capabilities as a fighter, literally the entire point of the episode again

You can make the changes w/out the Stamnia for now @Aiden, we can update Stamnia or not update it depending on how it goes.

The shapeshifting thing draining their energy I don't really think is applicable, at least not anymore. While Amethyst USED to get tired from shapeshifting for long periods of time, she's clearly gotten much better at it. For example, in The Question, Amethyst shapeshifted into a horse for multiple days, which would be pretty straining considering it changed her entire body structure, but she never showed any signs of being tired.

Plus, Amethyst being used as the rule here and not the exception is pretty shaky, as she's already a "overcooked" gem and is weaker than she should be. Basically I don't think shapeshifting is really a problem for Gems to maintain.

Gems have infinite energy, but they can't use it all instantly. It's like a solar powered phone charger. Even tho it can technically charge forever if you use it too much the phone will still run out. So my opinion on the thing - gems have very much limited and honestly not that big stamina, they only have Self-Sustenance

>Not that big stamina

>Pearl literally says she doesnt get tired, Lapis non-stop fights for months without resting, constant statements that Gems dont need to eat or sleep in order to function, Garnet saying they can fight forever

Nani?

Pearl says she doesn't get tired, and then she gets tired.

Lapis and Jasper dropped outright unconscious for many hours.

Garnet's statement (if it's the Marble Madness one) isn't about literally fighting without stopping. Robonoids were appearing at the very most 2-3 a day. You don't even need superhuman stamina for that.

Except she doesnt get tired, the entire point of the episode was to introduce Steven's dream powers as well as to make pearl experience dreaming, when even Amethyst stated that Gems dont need to sleep she just likes the feeling of it.

Lapis and Jasper were unconscious because of the mental strain that they went through while fighting non-stop for multiple months, they did not pass out due to physical exertion.

Gems are, first and foremost, inanimate objects with artificially projected bodies. They have no basic needs that must be met in order for them to continue functioning (Something Peridot outright mocks humans for having multiple times), they are stated to have an infinite amount of energy to draw from (which even if this means they cannot use it all at once means they have a limitless power source), and multiple different Gems at different points have offhandedly stated that Gems do not get tired and can function indefinitely, with Pearl even going so far as to not bother paying attention to Earth's time as day and night are no different to her because she doesnt need to rest.

TL;DR Gems can overexert themselves mentally over a long period of time but physically they do not have a stamina limit.

Ok, so I went in and edited the profiles for Bismuth , Lio , White , Yellow , Blue , Stevonnie , Smoky , The Cluster , Holo-Pearl, Centipeetle , and the Glass Ghost 's profiles to adjust for their new tiers and added the Gem Physiology thing to their profiles. I also changed the Steven Universe (verse) to have the correct description of their power in the "power of the verse" section. (Ex. changed Country Level AP to Mountain Level AP)

I'm still not 100% sure with the Gem Physiology thing though, it just makes the profiles seem so empty. Also, did we ever decide if we should change Aqua's page to scale to Steven or not? Also ALSO, is anyone else not able to acess Obsidian or Rainbow 2.0's pages? Also ALSO ALSO, didn't we agree Rainbow 2.0 shouldn't get her own page?

It really does make the page extremely empty i dont really agree with it either

Obsidian and Rainbow 2.0 dont have pages yet lol

2.0 is getting his own page yes

It goes against our standard conveniences to replace large sections of powers and abilities sections with links to a blog page.

If you wish to replace a section with a link to a more series-specific power, such as Haki or gem physiology, you need to convert the blog to a regular powers and abilities page first, and then link to that instead.

As a possible alternative, this might be a case where the tabber section could be useful?

Have a tab for Standard Gem Abiltities and list the abilities they have access to as a gem there, then have a second tab called Unique Abilities and link the characters powers there like Fire Manipulation, Expert Swordsmanship, etc.

I dont see why we have to have it at all, i just made it as a reference blog not something to be added to the profiles, plus we dont make things for other verse exclusive stuff that gives all sorts of powers like RWBY's Aura

@WeeklyBattles, we do it for Haki in One Piece.

The problem with RWBY's is that there is already an ability called Aura.

I think creating a page for Gem Physiology would be a good idea.

WeeklyBattles said:
I dont see why we have to have it at all, i just made it as a reference blog not something to be added to the profiles, plus we dont make things for other verse exclusive stuff that gives all sorts of powers like RWBY's Aura
Keeping the previous format is also fine.

Keeping the previous format is also fine.

I think so too, but you'll have to ask Dargoo as he was the one who suggested linking it to the blog and most people agreed with him.

Well, it is against our standard conventions to use blogs for P&A sections, so that part is not up for discussion.

Is somebody willing to either revert the changes or update them to link to a legitimate regular page instead?

Well, be careful when doing any reverts, cause I also changed the Tiers and the AP/Striking Strength/Durability section in correspondence with the revisions and I'd hate for those to accidentally get changed back.

TBH I think the powers should be reverted back to what the were and maybe have a link to the gem physiology page somewhere on the profile, they're far too empty looking for my tastes. We should also add anything that wasn't there before, like their resistances perhaps? And just use this page as a general rule of thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back