• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newer Newer SU continuation revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter if it looks emptier? Having too many abilities / redundant abilities is a problem for profiles.

They didn't have that many though, it was like 20-30 powers max. Maybe not even that. The problem comes from overly long descriptions in the P&A section like Energy Manipulation ( Character X can do this by doing this which can do that), but that was never a problem for SU pages.

By listing them under Gem Physiology; the standard abilities accessible by almost every Gem, we are listing their abilities.

Except we're not, we're clumping everything together and removing 95% of the powers from profiles which is bound to cause a lot of confusion for people unfamiliar with the verse

Personally I don't think it'll cause any issues. Let's wait to see what some other people think before changing the profiles any further I suppose.

Damage3245 said:
By listing them under Gem Physiology; the standard abilities accessible by almost every Gem, we are listing their abilities.
Yes, but at the detriment of the aesthetic of the profiles, and the fact that there's no guarantee anyone would even bother reading the page to figure out the gems's abilities. Whereas if we just listed them as is, people could just read it right there and not have to go to a completely separate page.

I'm not saying it can't be there, but it'd be better just to list the powers as is.

When the SU statistics were changed, the tier categories at the bottom of the pages also do not seem to have been updated.

Anyway, this thread has almost reached the maximum of 500 replies.

Well somebody still needs to replace the blog link for all of the pages, as well as update the tier categories at the bottom.

Yeah i dont think we need another one, if Dargoo wants to make a separate thing regarding the verse equalization then thats fine, if not i'll make it soon, i have another big revision im working on for Kill La Kill right now that i want to get taken care of first

Antvasima said:
Well somebody still needs to replace the blog link for all of the pages, as well as update the tier categories at the bottom.
Is anybody willing to do this? The pages are currently rather messy.

WeeklyBattles said:
Would anyone be against me remaking Centipeetle Mother's profile from scratch as Nephrite?
I don't think there would be any issue with that.

What was the point of "Gem Physiology" if we are gonna mention the abilities anyways?

We wanted to simplify the profiles and now we added an extra power...

@Aiden Because in the long run it would have absolutely confused people who were unfamiliar with the verse

The Gem Physiology page is there so you guys don't need to keep listing the same powers in every single page, this makes the pages shorter, less repetitive and easier to read, kind of like you guys do with Haki for One Piece characters.

@Paulo Except we list characters' powers for literally every other verse on this site, there's no reaso to remove the powers from their pages just because there's another pages that explains them

Yes, there is, these reasons being making the pages shorter, less repetitive and easier to read, kind of like you guys do with Haki for One Piece characters.

We almost have 500 posts. It is time to start a new thread.

Then list all abilities and link the Gem Physiology to a note maybe?

Also, the different with One Piece is that Haki doesn't give like 10 abilities

I feel like a detailed list of powers with justifications for each of them and explainations on how they specifically works is far better than linking to the more generalized VSBW pages for those powers.

If anything having a Gem Physilogy page makes us have a better set of detailes, makes the profiles less repetitive, lets us focus on the unique powers of each gem, and makes the profiles simple and appealing while keeping a hub of general powers for users to dive into.

Gems, IMO, are one of the more unique things in fiction, with the closest thing being the Magical Girls from PMMM. Having a page here to help describe them linked to each profile is a boon.

But, first

Page or list?

Page

List

The poll was created at 16:19 on January 28, 2019, and so far 6 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Also, keep in mind that having "Gem Physiology" is not confusing at all, even if you're not familiar with SU; you just have to click on the page and read the abilties.

Also, this thread almost has 500 replies, make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back