• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Tiering System was applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think it would be possible to have categories for sub-tiers now? Even if applied as something optional for profiles.

What I really wanna to do is to filter categories to see characters with the same ones, but I can't do anything about that.

I agree with Efficente, it would be nice to have categories for sub-tiers so that it's much easier to find characters of a specific tier.

It would be far too much trouble to apply and continuously maintain for so many thousand profiles, for far too little benefit.

No. Sorry. We would initially have to update over 22000 pages, and then continuously have to update them again for every single statistics change. It would be a nightmare for me to try to patrol them all on top of my current degree of overwork. And our current tier categories are good enough for general purposes.

As such I extremely strongly reject this suggestion. My apologies,

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

I will unlock the pages for you. Tell me here when you are done.

@Antvasima

No, we wouldn't HAVE TO update over 22k pages, categories are pretty much optional stuff, so not all of them being updated wouldn't really be a problem.

@Overlord

These would not be optional categories, but mandatory ones, as the current tier categories are, and would be pointless otherwise. As such I maintain that the small convenience gained by this would be by far outweighed by the required tremendous effort.

Overlord775 said:
I mean, not really, just add the category and let the users eventually fix the categories of characters
It was already discussed before, as this isn't something a bot can really take care of, this would force the site to go on hiatus just to adjust the big mess such a thing would do.

Simply put, the most notable reasons for it just aren't enought at all to even consider all the work it would take

Something just doesn't seem right. Wouldn't it make more sense to classify 2-A as High Mulitverse?

We stuck with our previous naming conventions for the sake of convenience, since it didn't matter either way.

High 3-A says a character needs infinite 3D to fall under its tier, but what about characters with finite 4D power (lower than universal in scale)? Would it fall under the same tier, since, logically, 4D is always superior to 3D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back