• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New polls suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we should probably keep Gurren Lagann.

AKM sama said:
We only need 10 options right?
Just a small suggestion: By limiting the number of options we can ask the same question multiple times by changing the options. That could help a little regarding your "running out of polls" concern.

I suppose so, but wouldn't it turn too redundant?

Okay. Then I agree that we should split up the options.

Something like this perhaps?

Which is your favourite shounen anime/manga series?

Bleach

Dragon Ball

Fairy Tail

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

My Hero Academia

Naruto

Nanatsu No Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins

One Piece

One Punch Man

Saint Seiya

Yu Yu Hakusho

Which is your favourite anime/manga series?

Attack on Titan

Cowboy Bebop

Death Note

Doraemon

Fist of the North Star/Hokuto No Ken

Fullmetal Alchemist

Gurren Lagann

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Pokémon

Sailor Moon

Tokyo Ghoul

HenryWong122 said:
I see that list but I see no Digimon or Pokemon. What's up with that?
Pokemon is not exactly known to be high-quality anime storytelling. It would be like including the live-action Super Mario show in a favourite TV series poll.

I don't know if Digimon has a similar problem though.

Should we feature "Favourite Studio Ghibli movie" and "Favourite animated Disney movie" polls as well?

Okay.

Which is your favourite Studio Ghibli movie?

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Grave of the Fireflies

My Neighbour Totoro

Kiki's Delivery Service

Porco Rosso

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Ponyo

The Wind Rises

Which is your favourite classic animated Disney movie?

Snow White

Pinocchio

Bambi

Cinderella

Alice in Wonderland

Peter Pan

Lady and the Tramp

Sleeping Beauty

101 Dalmatians

The Sword in the Stone

The Jungle Book

Robin Hood

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Which is your favourite modern animated Disney movie?

Who framed Roger Rabbit? (Possibly)

The Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast

Aladdin

The Lion King

Pocahontas

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Hercules

Mulan

Lilo & Stitch

The Princess and the Frog

Which is your favourite computer-animated Disney movie?

Tangled

Wreck-It Ralph

Frozen

Big Hero 6

Zootopia

Moana

What is your favourite Pixar movie?

Toy Story

Monsters Inc.

Finding Nemo

The Incredibles

Ratatouille

Up

Brave

Inside Out

The Good Dinosaur

Antvasima said:
Pokemon is not exactly known to be high-quality anime storytelling. It would be like including the live-action Super Mario show in a favourite TV series poll.

I don't know if Digimon has a similar problem though.
That's not really a good comparision at all. The pokemon anime is a show that has ran for decades, was the introduction to the franchise for a wide number of people, is legitimately one of the most recognizable anime out there and even has films that have made it to the list of highest grossing anime films of all time

The only thing The mario bros movie is known for is being proof that movie makers have no clue how to adapt a video game

I agree that the Pokemon anime doesn't have the best storytelling but saying it's in the same situation as Marios Bros the movie is completely ridiculous.

Okay. Never mind then. I suppose that we could include it in the list if you wish. I was talking about the Mario Bros Super Show though, not the movie.

The Smashor said:
JJBA is Shonen.
Is it? I thought that it was a bit too complicated for that, but I can move it if you prefer.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Never mind then. I suppose that we could include it in the list if you wish. I was talking about the Mario Bros Super Show though, not the movie.
Yeah my mistake. Even then the show you you're talking about seems to be fairly obscure since I've never heard about it till this day, so I still doubt it's a fair comparision

So should we move JJBA to the Shounen poll and include Pokemon in the other one?

Okay. I have done so, and updated the first post with the new polls.

How about "Which artist do you like the most?" and "Which writer do you like the most?"?

Suggestions for extremely skilled and/or popular people would be welcome. Tetsuo Hara and Alan Davis might be good entries for highly skilled artists for example, whereas NisioisiN and Alan Moore are extremely skilled writers.

Btw: Which of all the polls in the first post of this thread should we use next month?

Are the rest of you fine with this?

The God Of Procrastination said:
Favourite video game characters.
Also, yeah, that seems to be a pretty great follow-up to the previous ones we've done.

I still need good suggestions for this.

Good suggestions. Perhaps Orson Scott Card, Terry Pratchett, Stephen Baxter, and Brandon Sanderson as well?

Those are good choices, Ant. And perhaps R.L. Stine as well, considering Goosebumps is one of the top selling children book series of all time.

So:

Which writer do you like the most?

Stephen Baxter

Orson Scott Card

Robert Jordan

Stephen King

George R.R. Martin

Terry Pratchett

Rick Riordan

J.K. Rowling

Brandon Sanderson

J.R.R. Tolkien

Should we include Alan Moore and NisioisiN? Both of them have genius level verbal skill and creative intelligence, along with analytical intelligence in NisioisiN's case, but they may not be known to a larger audience, especially the latter, so it could be unfair.

First:

Starter Pack said:
Those are good choices, Ant. And perhaps R.L. Stine as well, considering Goosebumps is one of the top selling children book series of all time.
Second, I would agree with Alan Moore, but not NisioisiN. I have never heard of that author, and it would certainly be unfair to have them on the list.

NisioisiN is a very popular and hard-working Japanese author who apparently values his anonymity and wants his works to speak for themselves. He is one of very few writers that have genuinely impressed me with their sheer intelligence. It is extremely uncommon with the combination of analytical, creative, and verbal genius in a single person. With the exception of Stephen Baxter, he is likely considerably more intelligent than most of the entries below, and I especially appreciate that he makes an effort to be rational and honest, rather than deceptive and manipulative.

Anyway, here is an updated list:

Which writer do you like the most?

Astrid Lindgren

Douglas Adams

Stephen Baxter

Orson Scott Card

Neil Gaiman

Frank Herbert

Robert Jordan

Stephen King

C.S. Lewis

H.P. Lovecraft