• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New P&A Addition: Conversion (Vampirism, Werewolfism, Zombiesm, etc.)

Conversion doesn't seem like the means to the end. We have transform, status effect inducement, corruption, transmutation, power bestowal and power modification, Disease Manipulation, Blessed, Biological Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Organic Manipulation. Conversion seems more like the end result. Omnipotence was an extreme example but I feel this power should recommend the means listed to if known and be explained in Notable Attacks/Techniques:

We have lots of powers that can achievement similar effects that if confirmed to be how it works should also be listed.

Conversation methods and results should be listed to the best of our abilities do to it having thousands of versions the conversation page should explain this fact to anyone reading it.

We have lots of powers that can achievement similar effects that if confirmed to be how it works should also be listed.

Conversation methods and results should be listed to the best of our abilities do to it having thousands of versions the conversation page should explain this fact to anyone reading it.
...we already do that.
It seems like a good idea for all of these types of related transmutations pages to link to each other via a "See also" section at the bottom of them to lessen general confusion.

Thank you. That should probably be fine.

Corruption is a worse terminology than Conversion :V
And that’s a reason how?

If anything imo Corruption should be deleted
It shouldn’t; it’s a much wider power that’s already kinda covering what you’re proposing. The page literally mentions twisting someone into something else by infection which can easily cover zombies, vampires and Werewolves

At most you could probably add a mention of it to the page (maybe in the notable users section or core text)

Last edited:
And that’s a reason how?
Terminology errrors can be edited, always have been edited, will be edited, if the current terminology present is poor. Hell we renamed the entire 10-C tier in the past for even more trivial reasons.

Is it tough to understand this? Because I thought this is very transparent
It shouldn’t; it’s a much wider power that’s already kinda covering what you’re proposing.
You don't know what Corruption means then. RARELY any verse treats it as "Corruption"
The page literally mentions twisting someone into something else by infection which can easily cover zombies, vampires and Werewolves
Listing Disease Manipulation in another P&A being your point, is more dumb than anything.

Remove that from Corruption, more I hear about it the more it just sounds as a hyper specific overlap of random P&A stitched by a single term, kinda like Hellfire Manipulation.
At most you could probably add a mention of it to the page (maybe in the notable users section or core text)
No. Prior points are dumb, this is dumber.

The level of shit you're saying, why don't I put this in Transmutations, or Transformation, or Biological Manipulation, or every other P&A this can be poorly classified into, just so I can further my own nonsensical narrative that is defeating the point of this thread, to the point I am starting to feel you haven't read a single other comment on the thread after the Powerlsiting Wiki link.

SEVEN different people have discussed how Corruption =/= Conversion, you haven't responded to that claim ONCE, and instead continuing an already debunked notion.

This is a CRT, act like this is a CRT, we're not in a Discord server, acknowledge others.

Terminology errrors can be edited, always have been edited, will be edited, if the current terminology present is poor. Hell we renamed the entire 10-C tier in the past for even more trivial reasons.
Ok but what is the issue present
At most you could rename the page to "Conversion" or "Infection" to acommodate this without making a whole ass new page
Is it tough to understand this? Because I thought this is very transparent
It’s not tough to understand; just pointless
You don't know what Corruption means then. RARELY any verse treats it as "Corruption"
"Corruption is the ability to "infect" someone or something with one's power, making said person or thing into a different being or state of being than it was before."
- The page

Type 1 specifically mentions it being "spread through the body" (similar to the trope of a zombifying virus) and the limitations section even mentions the infection and how being non organic can impede it's ability (Like with DISEASES)

Listing Disease Manipulation in another P&A being your point, is more dumb than anything.

Remove that from Corruption, more I hear about it the more it just sounds as a hyper specific overlap of random P&A stitched by a single term, kinda like Hellfire Manipulation.
Then make a specific thread calling for it
No. Prior points are dumb, this is dumber.

The level of shit you're saying, why don't I put this in Transmutations, or Transformation, or Biological Manipulation, or every other P&A this can be poorly classified into
Absolute straw man.
Petrification is a notable power beyond the confines of Transmutation, the latter implying you can transform the opponent into any manner of things rather then just a stone version of the opponent

Biological manipulation simply implies you can affect bodily functions and systems; not that you can transform someone into something else entirely or manipulate blood specifically

Those have reason to stand alone; this does not
just so I can further my own nonsensical narrative that is defeating the point of this thread, to the point I am starting to feel you haven't read a single other comment on the thread after the Powerlsiting Wiki link.
Do you realise Powerlisting Wiki lists every separate variation of Conversion along with things like:
  • Omni-Power Generation
  • Dinosaur Manipulation

It being there does not mean it's a separate power by wiki standards.
SEVEN different people have discussed how Corruption =/= Conversion, you haven't responded to that claim ONCE, and instead continuing an already debunked notion.
I'm responding to your claim since you are the OP; this is your concept we're talking about
It's hard to respond to the other since, respect to them, they're mostly just "I agree" but I'm happy to go through some of the arguments later
This is a CRT, act like this is a CRT, we're not in a Discord server, acknowledge others.
I am and Id ask you to mind your tone; you are a former staff of the wiki and one of our most prominent members and I’d suggest you to act like it and show some decorum

Last edited:
Corruption is a common power within fiction. I think that it should be kept.

Also, this is technically derailment for this thread.

No, that's not the problem regarding Corruption, but rather how it tries to overgeneralize something that's best just being covered by other power pages we already have, like how the issue with hellfire manip was from what I'm looking.
Anyways, that would be better getting its own thread, unless it is an issue for the purpose of the new power page that's aimed to be done by the OP.

Ok but what is the issue present
At most you could rename the page to "Conversion" or "Infection" to acommodate this without making a whole ass new page
Either way works, terminology will still be changed and the cases will be re-examined.

Almost as if it's a new power, what do you want me to do here, reword my CRT ever so slightly to achieve the same results because it's too tough for you to comprehend?
"Corruption is the ability to "infect" someone or something with one's power, making said person or thing into a different being or state of being than it was before."
- The page

Type 1 specifically mentions it being "spread through the body" (similar to the trope of a zombifying virus) and the limitations section even mentions the infection and how being non organic can impede it's ability (Like with DISEASES)
Missing the point. Congrats.
Then make a specific thread calling for it.
I did, if this is directly affecting Corruption by suggesting a new P&A, then this is the thread to address it.
Absolute straw man.
Maybe you're genuinely poor at illustrating your point, because either you're wasting my time readdressing a past point as your own, or you're lying through your face roght now.
Petrification is a notable power beyond the confines of Transmutation, the latter implying you can transform the opponent into any manner of things rather then just a stone version of the opponent
This is known as a blindspot, you're defending ******* Petrification, a P&A everyone ridicules as being irrelevantly distinguished, with the exact same level of arguments you're using to attack Converison
Biological manipulation simply implies you can affect bodily functions and systems; not that you can transform someone into something else entirely or manipulate blood specifically
"Shape Change - A higher level of biological manipulation, allowing to maximize output of the body, and modify it (within a certain limit) in order to achieve greater efficiency in the battle (e.g. lengthening limbs, transforming into animals, increasing or decreasing in size, etc.)
Manipulation of cells/Genetic level - Control at the level of organic cells or genes, which makes it possible to initiate various mutations"

Read. The. Page.
Do you realise Powerlisting Wiki lists every separate variation of Conversion along with things like:
  • Omni-Power Generation
  • Dinosaur Manipulation
Irrelevant. Point. No. One. Made.
It being there does not mean it's a separate power by wiki standards.
I'm responding to your claim since you are the OP; this is your concept we're talking about
Poor. Practice.
I am and Id ask you to mind your tone; you are a former staff of the wiki and one of our most prominent members and I’d suggest you to act like it and show some decorum
To you wasting my time? I'm a volunteer, I am not getting paid, how do you treat volunteers? You value their time, respect them taking hours of their day working on something you care for, and don't complain every second your own bizarre ideal of how they should be acting.

You don't pay me shit, I am acting perfectly fine in addressing your points and never once making personalized attacks. If your complaints are now going to be me not acting like a happy-go-luck slave 24/7 despite you specifically targeting me with your trivial points addressed prior on the thread that you don't add a FRACTION more to, I'm afraid you need to get a basic reality check on how real people talk, and reexamine your own CRT ethic, instead of doubling down against any corrections to it suggested

Impress, as you know, I greatly appreciate your sheer reliability, dedication to accuracy, and work ethic, and strongly agree with your sentiment that volunteer workers should be appreciated more, instead of being treated with attacks, slander, and/or oversensitivity, but as staff we have to constantly try to keep our tempers in check, despite being provoked.

I have personally commonly endured far worse verbal abuse than above, and was even bombarded with death, rape, bigoted genocide, etcetera threats, along with gore and disgusting **** by trolls for 3 years in a row, but I am trying to maintain some sort of harmony here in this community, and the enemies of the wiki constantly make a massive uproar if I ever even have a bad 5 minutes. It sucks, yes, but when this kind of thing happens, maybe you can get rid of your pent up aggression with a brief shoot 'em up video game or something, and then return afterwards?

I apologise if I caused offence. Again, I greatly appreciate all of your work for the benefit of this community.

In the future, you can report the people who provoke you in the rule violations thread if they step sufficiently over the line, but you need to keep your temper in check for that to work.

If the complaint is that Conversion can be covered through other means you could easily just list thing as "Conversion via Disease Manipulation", it's not that much of an issue.

I thought we had already added this ability in to the wiki? Or said that it was already a sub-power of something like Transmutation?

I'm not opposed to adding it in fully though.

Either way works, terminology will still be changed and the cases will be re-examined.
Yeah terminology would certainly change either way
Missing the point. Congrats.

I did, if this is directly affecting Corruption by suggesting a new P&A, then this is the thread to address it.

Maybe you're genuinely poor at illustrating your point, because either you're wasting my time readdressing a past point as your own, or you're lying through your face roght now.
Well I am on the spectrum so forgive me If I have troubles with communication.
This is known as a blindspot, you're defending ******* Petrification, a P&A everyone ridicules as being irrelevantly distinguished, with the exact same level of arguments you're using to attack Converison
Petrification is very specifically for characters able to transmute characters to stone and nothing else; Transmutation implies a far wider variation in what you can transform something into.

Conversion certainly fits under it; I just don't see why it should be a whole separate power when it can easily serve as a variation of Corruption.

Also if Petrification has such support for deletion, surely you could just make a thread talking about that?
"Shape Change - A higher level of biological manipulation, allowing to maximize output of the body, and modify it (within a certain limit) in order to achieve greater efficiency in the battle (e.g. lengthening limbs, transforming into animals, increasing or decreasing in size, etc.)
Manipulation of cells/Genetic level - Control at the level of organic cells or genes, which makes it possible to initiate various mutations"
Even ignoring that links specifically to shapeshifting, all that says is it can be linked to manipulation of biological systems, not that it should be part of that page.
It does the same with matter manipulation and stuff like adaptation
Read. The. Page.

It's relevant because you brought a page from the wiki to justify its existence as a separate power beyond the bounds of Corruption (at one point telling people to read the page).
I'm going to point out how much more lax the standards are compared to ours
Poor. Practice.

To you wasting my time? I'm a volunteer, I am not getting paid, how do you treat volunteers? You value their time, respect them taking hours of their day working on something you care for, and don't complain every second your own bizarre ideal of how they should be acting.

You don't pay me shit, I am acting perfectly fine in addressing your points and never once making personalized attacks. If your complaints are now going to be me not acting like a happy-go-luck slave 24/7 despite you specifically targeting me with your trivial points addressed prior on the thread that you don't add a FRACTION more to, I'm afraid you need to get a basic reality check on how real people talk, and reexamine your own CRT ethic, instead of doubling down against any corrections to it suggested
This is what I mean

No one's acting for you to be a happy go lucky slave; I'm asking that you treat people with the bare minimum amount of respect. This isn't some charitable job you're doing to better lives; this is a hobby about who would win in a fight.

Everyone here is giving up time to pursue it so treat others with actual respect plz

And curiously my own CRT ethic means what exactly? Really I want to know what I've done that warrants mention. I've been a participating member here since 2016/17 and I've had no complaints for conduct so really I'd like to know what part of my etiquette is questionable to you specifically (If anything major is there then please make a report)

I'll unsubcribe tho since the majority seems in favour and I feel we're barreling towards further derailment if we play this game

Well I am on the spectrum so forgive me If I have troubles with communication.
Then focus on what I type more and use simpler language, also reread your argument to see if it can be more apparent. Analogies help too.

...also I don't think writing an argument is a spectrum thing, you have sufficient time to type it out, no need to rush it out, dude.
Petrification is very specifically for characters able to transmute characters to stone and nothing else; Transmutation implies a far wider variation in what you can transform something into.

Conversion certainly fits under it; I just don't see why it should be a whole separate power when it can easily serve as a variation of Corruption.
Because as established Corruption is crappy terminology? And if anything your argument right now should be to delete Corruption?
Also if Petrification has such support for deletion, surely you could just make a thread talking about that?
Probably should someday, yeah.
Even ignoring that links specifically to shapeshifting, all that says is it can be linked to manipulation of biological systems, not that it should be part of that page.
It does the same with matter manipulation and stuff like adaptation
So now you're going off of your headcanon of how a power works and straight up ignoring what's on the page? To quote yourself:
Then make a specific thread calling for it
It's relevant because you brought a page from the wiki to justify its existence as a separate power beyond the bounds of Corruption (at one point telling people to read the page).
Get me the statement where I went "this was on p&a wiki das why we add it uwu"
This is what I mean

No one's acting for you to be a happy go lucky slave; I'm asking that you treat people with the bare minimum amount of respect.
I am giving you it exact
This isn't some charitable job you're doing to better lives this is a hobby about who would win in a fight.
Never once said I was doing charity work???
Everyone here is giving up time to pursue it
As a hobby. You drawing in your free time is your enjoyment, you drawing a request is work.
so treat others with actual respect plz
As established, already doing
And curiously my own CRT ethic means what exactly? Really I want to know what I've done that warrants mention. I've been a participating member here since 2016/17 and I've had no complaints for conduct so really I'd like to know what part of my etiquette is questionable to you specifically
...already stated? Your years don't really... matter? We've had far worse behaving members since 2014 sooo

Anyways I think I require some suggestions for the image to be used for the page

The draft looks good, yes.

However, after reconsidering, the problem is that somebody would have to go through ALL of the pages that link to Transmutation and update them whenever it is necessary, and given that this would be an absolutely massive amount of work, I think that it would likely not be worth the effort.

Maybe we could expand the Transmutation page into different types instead?

If I go through those pages and make a table of everything to be changed, can we do it then?

I'll unsubcribe tho since the majority seems in favour and I feel we're barreling towards further derailment if we play this game
@Hellbeast

Things are not so straightforward yet.

Also, I am sorry about the trouble earlier.

If I go through those pages and make a table of everything to be changed, can we do it then?
It seems like it would be better to spend the massive time required for that project on helping out with other work in this community instead, especially as a lot of those pages will not specify which type of transmutation that a character has displayed. Wouldn't it be simpler to just expand the Transmutation page into two different types instead, and encourage mentioning which of them that is relevant for each case?

Well, I personally think that it is time better spent helping out with other more crucial revision projects, and it would often be hard to apply this, given that there are very often no specifications for why characters have the ability, and pages will also commonly be locked.

It seems like it would be better to spend the massive time required for that project on helping out with other work in this community instead
They have other users active, I don't think so far I have any revision projects I have undertaken that are inactive because of me not working on them
especially as a lot of those pages will not specify which type of transmutation that a character has displayed.
...isn't that actually poor pagemaking then? And like, in the day and age of internet it's not... the hardest to find examples
Wouldn't it be simpler to just expand the Transmutation page into two different types instead, and encourage mentioning which of them that is relevant for each case?
I mean by similar logic we can just link the Conversion page under subtypes of Transmutation's page and that's just a better formatted solution.

They have other users active, I don't think so far I have any revision projects I have undertaken that are inactive because of me
Well, there are the Marvel and DC revision projects, and I think you underestimate just how tedious it is to go through and investigate 2,600 pages for limited practical gain.
...isn't that actually poor pagemaking then? And like, in the day and age of internet it's not... the hardest to find examples
Again, you would need to investigate several hundreds of characters.
I mean by similar logic we can just link the Conversion page under subtypes Transmutation's page and that's just a better formatted result.
Listing sub-types within the Transmutation page, and then let our members gradually make specifications within the character profile pages, seems like the most realistic solution, yes.

Well, there are the Marvel and DC revision projects, and I think you underestimate just how tedious it is to go through and investigate 2,600 pages for limited practical gain.
I have some idea because this is something I used to do a few months back to get Content Mod, and my extremely casual thorough filechecking would still be like, 100+ a day.

In general I have completed 300 issue character research two days consistently so you may be underestimating my reading and comprehension speed

Listing sub-types within the Transmutation page, and then let our members gradually make specifications within the character profile pages, seems like the most realistic solution, yes.
I think you can see with the draft, making a page and then linking it back to Transmutation page as subtype elaboration, is better, because intricacies and specificity would be lost otherwise.

So yeah I can compromise with that, more dynamic and elaborate P&A pages are only for the better.

Well, I still think that the practical gain is far too limited to warrant this massive revision, and that we should just expand on the Transmutation page instead. In addition, the Transmutation title is better intuitively associated with what we have in mind, and as such easier to find and remember for our members. My apologies.

Well, I still think that the practical gain is far too limited to warrant this massive revision, and that we should just expand on the Transmutation page instead. In addition, the Transmutation title is better intuitively associated with what we have in mind, and as such easier to find and remember for our members. My apologies.
Hmm, so conversion will be on the transmutation page? Making it like power absorption being on the absorption page? If so, will there be a link to the conversion page in the transmutation page?

Sorry if I asked to many questions, just wanted to clarify it.

Back