• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Information about The Great Darkness and Darkseid

In Justice League Incarnate #5 we learn that all previous big Villains have now returned to The Darkness, including Empty Hand, Ares, Necron, Eclipso, Doomsday, Neron and, most relevantly, Upside Down Man. Now in Justice League Dark by Tynion IV it was revealed that The Great Evil Beast was but that we saw in Swamp Thing was but a sliver of the true power of UDM and the Otherkind, yet now we see him reassorbed into the Darkness. It's possible this might be explained later, but there are 2 possibilities. 1 Either the entirity of Justice League Dark 208 has been retconned and UDM was never stronger than The Great Evil Beast or The Great evil beast is just a fraction of The Great Darkness's true Form. I'm willing to go with the latter, since it creates less troubles. So basicly The Great Darkness>Upside Down Man>Great Evil Beast.
The only feat of the Great Darkess is that it was spreading across the Bleed and corrupting it, so it's already a 1-C feat here, but since pretty much almost all the villains in DC seems to generate from it, we can say that it is superior to the likes of Neron, Ares, Darkseid, The Anti Life Equation, and The Upside Down Man at least, which should make it possibly 1-A.
Other relevant information is that Empty Hand and Darkseid are both the Hands of The Great Darkness, with EH being the right and Darkseid the left. We don't know the ramification of this statement yet, but it's possible that they are actually more relevent part of TGD than even UDM was, so it's possible we might update their profile soon once Dark Crisis arrives
Oh, speaking of Empty Hand, we don't have a profile for him yet. In justice League Incarnate 5 he says that before reattaching himself to the Great darkness he was already more than an equal to Darkseid, so his tier should also be 1-C.
Lastly, Parah is a messanger of The Great darkness, and Dr Multiverse said he is vastly more powerful than Darkseid or The Empty Hand, so he is At Least 1-C.
Obviusly all of them are nothing to the full Graet darkness, since all of them are all its Avatar.
If I have to guess where this is all going, I predict we will see The Great darkness attack the Multiverse, with all of the villain Powered up, Darkseid is going to be the general of the army, fulfilling his role as the left hand, and we'll see the strongest version of Darkseid yet, however darksaid will rebel against the Darkness and will fight it, which will give the heroes a chance to defeat/banish away the darkness. So yeah, TGD has semented its place as 1-A, and probably other villain will be upgraded to this tier as well, we'll see

Bumping for interest.
I'm not that knowledgeable on DC Comics myself, so I'd like to know the opinions from experts.

As I said elsewhere;
We are waiting for this huge arc to completely wrap up before making any changes. It seems they have a lot planned and it will be better to revise them all at once.

While yes, this is a new retcon, sometimes they retcon the retcon by the end of the arc or so because they be usually do the retcon for shock value. So let's wait and see and then revise all of them at once.

Back