• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Game+ and game progression in general

Ok this is going to be probably a short thread but I've notice a small problem with a few characters (this doesn't effect pages and probably not matches but it cuts a problem at the roots). I've seen a few matches were people try to use ng+ in matches. NG+ isn't canon that's all I have to say on that, so don't use it. But onto the bigger thing. I seen people try to abuse game progression to give characters stuff they shouldn't have in certain tiers like 8-A hunter having mindhax or 8-B chosen undead having Demon Scar (a weapon made from a 4-C or 6-B soul). This is purely gameplay and the characters shouldn't have these things in those tiers. Don't give 8-B monster hunter elder dragon weapons and don't give the Terrarian mid game weapons like the flaming hell sword to king of slime Terrarian.

Actually something just came up. Dark souls 2 when it comes to new game+ is pretty meta. There's an object that restarts the area you visited and makes the enemies harder (that'll probably fall under non combat time manipulation and statistics amplification if it's even canon), but there's also items that you can only get on new game (and I don't mean like the life ring +3 in dark souls 3 I mean like entirely new items that can only be achieved through new game) I think it would also fall under being non canon though I have heard of a few games with canon new game + (only remembered after making the thread) it's probably a case by case bases (or non canon).

Back