• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs. Tohru Adachi

Jinsye

She/Her
Final Ness
Powers and Stats

Tier: 7-C

Name:
Ness

Origin: Earthbound/Mother 2

Classification: Human Boy, Psychic, The Chosen One

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, PSI (Teleportation, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Energy Manipulation, Healing, One Hit Kill, Can Inflict and remove status ailments (Such as Sleep, Paralysis, Uncontrollable crying, Confusion) Forcefield Generation (For non-psychic attacks only, also grants Attack Reflection), Can harm intangible and Non-Corporeal beings (Capable of hitting ghosts and the Starmen), and Can double his Guts with Sudden Guts Pill, Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Can fight and defeat the Mani Mani statue, whose powers were able to turn people greedy and selfish, without being affected), Electricity Manipulation (With the Franklin Badge, he's capable of completely reflecting Lightning based attacks back at the enemy)

Attack Potency: Town level (On par with the rest of the Chose Four when they were about to take on enemies like the Ghost of Starma, who are still fought by the end of the game), can ignore durability with PK Flash, but it is rare.

Speed: Speed of Light (Should be comparable to the rest of the Chosen Four when they were about to take on Pokey Minch)

Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Able to lift a submarine alongside Paula and Jeff)

Striking Strength: Town Class (Can hurt the Ghost of Starman) | Unknow

Durability:
Town level

Stamina:
High (Can fight for long periods of time, can take mortal wounds and still manage to heal himself), higher as a robot.

Range: Extended melee range with his bat. Hundreds of meters with PSI

Standard Equipment: Bat, Yo-yo, Slingshot, Baseball cap, Franklin Badge, Pills.

Intelligence: Above average, Poo remarks how well he managed to use PSI without any training.

Weaknesses: Pacifist, gets home sick if he hasn't called/visited home recently.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• PK Rockin: Powerful psychokinetic wave that assaults all enemies.
  • Teleport: Allows immediate teleportation to anywhere he has previously been.
  • Paralysis: Freezes opponents by making them too numb to move.
  • Shield: Reduces the damage in half and reflects enemy attacks back at them. Can be layered to become stronger.
  • Lifeup: Heals himself and his allies.
  • PK Flash: Causes instant death, makes enemies cry or makes them feel strange or become numb.
  • Hypnosis: Victim falls asleep, unless they're highly intelligent.
  • Healing: Removes status alignments.
Adachi Tohru
Powers and Stats
Tier: 7-C

Name:
Tohru Adachi

Origin: Persona 4

Classification: Human, Former Police Detective, Persona User, Wielder of the Jester Arcana, Wielder of the Hunger Arcana

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant (In addition to his superhuman abilities, Adachi is a trained policeman), Persona Summoning, Elemental Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Duplication, Expert Marksma, Durability Negation, One-Hit Kill, Status Effect Inducement, High Resistance to Light Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation.

Attack Potency: Town level (Replicated Inaba in the Midnight Channel as Magatsu Inaba, and had complete control over it), bypasses all defenses with Megidolaon.

Speed: Supersonic+ (Can keep up with the Investigation Team) with Massively Hypersonic reactions (Can dodge natural lightning)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Town Class

Durability:
Town level (Tanked blows from 4 members of the Investigation Team at the same time)

Stamina: High. He can fight in a 4 vs one match.

Range: Standard melee range with his bare hands, several meters with pistol, higher with spells

Standard Equipment: His pistol

Intelligence: A genius in combat and managed to almost get away with his crimes, expert manipulator

Weaknesses: He is extremely arrogant, extremely lazy sometimes, can take everything like a game

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Heat Riser: Boosts his Atk/Def/Speed at the same time and can be used even for a fire-based attack like shown in P4A.
  • Maziodyne: Heavy Elec damage is done in a vast area.
  • Megidolaon: An explosion that deals severe Almighty damage in a vast area.
  • Atom Smasher: Magatsu-Izanagi swings his weapon destroying several buildings at the very least.
  • Ghastly Wail: Instantly kills foes who are fearful.
  • Evil Smile: Instills fear in all foes (30% Chance).
  • Mudoon: Medium Chance of Instant Kill (60% Chance).
  • Magarudyne: Heavy Wind Damage done in a vast area.
  • Power Charge:His next physical attack will be 250% greater in power
  • Vorpal Blade:Deals heavy physical damage on all foes

Speed Equalized.

SBA used.

Who wins?

The Chosen One: 3

The Egocentric Police Dick: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Alright, let me try to break this down by scenarios and tallying those said scenarios... Keep in mind this isn't the only ways the fight could go down but rather the strategies that can be used by both parties.

• So to start off, PK Flash only has a 40% chance of OHKO vs Tohru who has a 60% chance so Ness winning by that is off the table - 1 for Tohru
  • Ness should have an edge in close combat for these reasons: Ness has fought off multiple trained cops and even a police captain which would give Ness experience in fighting Tohru's normal fighting style, Ness has force-fields that reduce and reflect attacks by Tohru, Ness has more options to induce status effects on Tohru than Tohru does to Ness, not to mention Ness has a way to remove that fear unlike Tohru. Tohru's spatial manipulation is REALLY vague so I can't really take it into account. Durability negation helps do damage to Ness but he does have healing so he can outlast him and if Tohru starts off cocky, his arrogance will get him really messed up really fast. Close but I think this one goes to Ness - 1 for Ness
  • Now if both characters take this fight to a ranged battle, once again I think Ness has the edge for theses reasons: Ness's attacks will not get reduced in damage unless Tohru buffs himself, Ness's shield would reduce and reflect some damage from all of Tohru's ranged attacks back to him and Tohur's Maziodyne is completely useless and will be completely reflected back onto him, once again Spatial Manipulation is vague so I can't factor it properly. Ness's healing once again allows him to outlast him - 1 for Ness
So in these scenarios Ness wins 2 out of 3 times, so I'm gonna vote for Ness. I will be willing to change my vote if sufficient evidence is presented.

Well, he IS arrogant but like Fate/Extra Gil kind of arrogant. He took things seriously when he is in danger. And Tohru will also win in H2H because of his Magatsu Izanagi, who is expert swordsman. And heat riser is instant, and likely use Atom Smasher considering he's fighting a one guy. Vote for Adachi.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
And Tohru will also win in H2H because of his Magatsu Izanagi, who is expert swordsman. And heat riser is instant, and likely use Atom Smasher considering he's fighting a one guy. Vote for Adachi.
So he'll use a really powerful attack and can fight pretty well is the only reason you give? Ness still has Status effects that make Tohru unable to fight properly and can reduce the damage he does, not to mention can heal himself to full so Ness can wear him down.

Is he going to status effect though? He resist Confusion if I remember correctly and he can do some effect too via Magatsu Mandala. (Where's Magatsu Mandala in his profile, btw?)

I made a mistake here. Adachi starts with Almighty attacks because of the fact that he experienced how dangerous a brat with supernatural abilities can be, namely Yu. He go all out here.

Blueblur24 said:
If adachi starts with almighty attacks then I vote him. Will Ness start with stat effect
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Almighty Attacks simply attack that negate durability or does true damage or something? If so Ness still has healing that can put him up to full heath EVEN when it's a mortal wound. Also Ness would probably take a defensive route at the start with putting up shields poking with his ranged PSI or with his Baseball Bat, and once he gets a feeling he would start throwing out Status usually so he can find out which is the most effective in the match. It could just take 1 hit and then Ness would instantly throw out statuses if he deems him a huge danger.

I am not to familiar with persona/shin megami tensei but I hard that almighty attacks bypass both mid godly Regenerationn and immortality type 8 and all defenses so I doubt shields will help block them.

Almighty Attacks bypass Mid-Godly and Type 8. Also all defenses too so shields would do jack crap.

Does he start with Almighty Attacks? Based on his weaknesses he probably wouldn't. Also the negation to regen isn't listed on his profile, if that's true it should be. I also never claimed the shields would block it.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Dunno, he has experience fighting a certain other brat so he might not take kindly to this one.
yes, but Ness at the start has no signs of a persona and looks like a kid with a baseball bat, by the time he would notice it an attack would have gone off. Tohru may start using Almighty Attacks early on but he doesn't start or lead with it, nor would he think Ness would be a threat until he clips him real good.

Umm, he lost to the guys who use chair for God's sake. And this key is P4A Adachi, who get ****** by another kid who is not memorable enough to remember him. In short, he hates kids. And loves cabbage.

Back