• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, doesn't Nerevarine have "Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Types 1 and 7), Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery, Enhanced Senses, Magic, Reality Warping, Energy Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Magical Barriers, Healing, Invisibility, Shapeshifting, Camouflage, Paralysis Inducement, Flight / Levitation, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Attack Reflection, Portal Creation, BFR, Summoning, Absorption, Curse Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, Status Effect Inducement, Immunity to Diseases, Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Absorption, Spatial Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, BFR, Transmutation, Madness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Magic, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation" in his Low 2-C Key?

Pretty sure. Speed is unequal here, so you might wanna equalize speed here OP.

But the thing is, Nerevarine lacks Low 2-C range and doesn't resist some of Ness's hax (though he should be able to heal from Status effect inducement right?) including the mother and holy Inconclusive inducing Fate Manipulation

Wait. Why does Nerevarine not have Prisoner Metaphysics listed in the profile? He should. Fate Manip does **** all to a Prisoner.

Well, I will say now that the Fate Manipulation probably won't work on the Nerevarine, given that the Nerevarine is a Prisoner and Prisoners are naturally disconnected by the deterministic fate of the Godhead's Dream.

The Divine Phoenix said:
Wait. Why does Nerevarine not have Prisoner Metaphysics listed in the profile? He should. Fate Manip does **** all to a Prisoner.
But it ain't on his profile and therefore we have to follow it

Then I will gladly discard Fate hax as a means of defeating Nerevarine

My apologies, I just don't know jack about Elder Scroll.

I do want to bring up that Ness isn't particularly special in terms of people the Nerevarine has fought, which includes the Aspects of Hircine, Almalexia, Dagoth Ur, and Vivec. The only real thing I see that I think may prove an issue for the Nerevarine is the fact he's fighting an entire universe (assuming I am understanding this correctly, knowing jack shit about Earthbound)

But I don't think this is a stomp in either's favor, I think the omnipresence may simply result in inconclusive. It is also important to understand that the Nerevarine is not baseline

Just for the sake of anyone who may argue it later though, gonna post this. It should give everyone an idea as to how far up Nerevarine is

The Nerevarine (Base) = or > Dagoth Ur [Powered the Ash Vampires] >>>>>>>>>>>> Ash Vampires [They stomped and nearly kiled the ALMSIVI] >>>>>>>>>>>> Weakened ALMSIVI [Difference between divine and mortal is as high as you'd expect] >>>>>>>>>>>> Divayth Fyr (Late Third Era) [Is Neloth's superior in every way] >>>>>>>>>>>> Neloth [Views Miraak as a nusiance and considers The Last Dragonborn unimpressive] >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Dragonborn (After Absorbing Miraak's Power) >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Dragonborn (After Reading Black Books) > Apocyrpha Miraak [Trained for centuries and one-shots The Last Dragonborn] >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Dragonborn (Beginning of Dragonborn DLC) > Pre-Apocyrpha Miraak [Could have easily defeated Alduin] >>>>>>>>>>>> Ahzidal [A little bit behind Pre-Apocrpyha Miraak) >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Dragonborn (Sovngarde Fight) > Alduin (Sovngarde Fight) [Alduin absorbed tons of souls to increase his power greatly] >>>>>>>>>>>> The Last Dragonborn (First Alduin Fight) [Alduin was able to one-shot twenty-two Jills] >>>>>>>>>>>> The Jills = or > The Ehlnofey

Prisoner metaphysics is existing outside fate on a 1-A scale, but it's not really 1-A hax on its own.

At the same time I vote nerevarine FRA

Yeah, looking at that scaling chain... I'm not a TES expert by any means, but those differences and magnitudes between characters is completely and utterly ridiculous. It might as well be saying that literally any character who is even slightly stronger could one-shot 50 times over.

I only used the >>>>>>>>>>>> to imply that it was of a far greater degree than those with a single > but for the most part, Alduin can one-shot Jills, Alduin then got much stronger than before that and should be capable of easily defeating a weakened version of himself, Ahzidal is a little bit behind Pre-Apocrypha Miraak, who himself can one-shot Alduin, Apocrypha Miraak one-shots The Last Dragonborn before he starts getting strong enough to match him, yet Neloth views both of them as a minor nuisance, and Divayth Fyr could pretty easily one-shot Neloth, and the Ash Vampires nearly killed the ALMSIVI, who are themselves stronger than Divayth Fyr.

"Far greater degree than >" is better described as something like ">>>", not ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>". I obviously don't know exactly what Matthew meant, nor can I speak on his behalf, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem he had with the scaling chain.

While there aren't exactly explicit rules to how the arrows in scaling chains work (at least, as far as I'm aware) it's generally expressed as something along these lines:

">" A notable AP advantage, but nothing decision worthy.

">>>" A very large, but not quite stompish AP advantage

">>>>>" Practically a one-shot

Fair enough. But yeah, I wasn't trying to imply it was anything more than enough to one-shot at best, even if it came across that way

I still think the Nerevarine takes it. Resists alot of Ness' shit, and if all else fails, he can just mehrunes razor him or something

What? Where does it even say on his profile that he resist most of Ness's go to move? Fate hax is useless against him, but it would at least prevent death/incap from happening to Ness since it's mostly protection provided by TOTU.

To be fair, I think it's more on the incon side. Speed is unequal for some reason tho

Back