• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Kris VS Ness: Enlightening Melodies

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
With Deltarune at 8-C, this match was already fated to happen.

Speed is equalized, both are 8-C (Chapter 2 Kris and Mid-Game Ness are used), and the battle is in Fourside. Both start 10 meters apart, and Ness' Fate/Probability Manipulation is restricted.

Who wins?

Proceed:

Okay: 7 (Arceus0x, TheMassivlyUnkn0wn, Mariogoods, LeoEpicGamer8910, Da3ggman, Peppersalt43, Psychomaster35)

MatPat:

Last edited:
Ness kinda clears easily, i think. Just his pk attacks would paralyze or empa hax Kris into a very bad state already.
This does depend on whether they're dodgeable or not. If they are Kris will have no issue dodging. If they aren't then gg.

Kris is able to dodge Susie's attacks which are normally unavoidable during battles, so maybe he can avoid Pk attacks?

I don't really know much about how Ness fights, is this really fair for Kris right?
Technically Ness has not infinite stamina, as those PSI need PP to get used, and Kris' wincon is them dodging enough until Ness cannot defend himself anymore.

But given the amount of stuff Ness has, it's pretty unlikely (not that impossible though) that it happens, so heh.

Though as I said he leads more with PK Rocking, given it's both his best and signature move.

If there's a PK attack that can just paralyze Kris to oblivion then what's even the point, they can't even heal that way.
One eighth of the time, PK Flash does. 37.5% of the time, it induces uncontrollable crying, the other 37.5%, Instant Defeat of the opponent(s), & the last 12.5% chance is to inflict the status of feeling strange.

One eighth of the time, PK Flash does. 37.5% of the time, it induces uncontrollable crying, the other 37.5%, Instant Defeat of the opponent(s), & the last 12.5% chance is to inflict the status of feeling strange.
What? The other effects look just as bad if not even worse.

Also, it even says in his profile that Paralysis is not just an effect of his PK Flash, but another ability as well.

What? The other effects look just as bad if not even worse.
Other effects of PK Flash, you mean?

In gameplay, uncontrollable crying causes the affected to miss far more often, due to their vision being impeded by the tears.
Feeling strange makes the affected often target other targets than the intended. Ex: Healing the opponent, attacking a different foe, attacking where there isn't a foe, etc.

& yes, I agree that at the very least, instant defeat does seem worse than Paralysis.
Also, it even says in his profile that Paralysis is not just an effect of his PK Flash, but another ability as well.
Looking into it, this seems accurate. My mistake.
Ness can also inflict Sleep via a technique called Hypnosis:
  • Hypnosis: The target falls asleep. The Omega level can affect many targets at once.
Looking into it, Ness can also just use the Paralysis PSI technique:
  • Paralysis: Paralyzes an opponent's body, preventing them from performing physical actions such as attacking or using items. The Omega level can affect many targets at once.

Apologies for any confusion.

So uhhh yeah.

There is the argument that Ness might not use these readily given what characterization he has. (Ex: PSI Rockin is named for favorite thing, gets homesick, wants to be friends even with his enemy Pokey, readily selfless & kind, etc. Although I can imagine that some might disagree on the exact details of Ness's characterization.)

But IDK what impact any of this has for you.

Having the ability to instantly disable your enemy in the first turn or few turns still doesn't seem fair to me, Kris doesn't resist paralysis.

Ness is also stronger and more durable, scaling from a 1.1 tons feat (calc which has some issues).
I thought you already checked the profile though.
I did, what I didn't know is that you made calcs for this verse, I no longer trust you about deciding if the fight is fair or not.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE fra

Having the ability to instantly disable your enemy in the first turn or few turns still doesn't seem fair to me, Kris doesn't resist paralysis.

Ness is also stronger and more durable, scaling from a 1.1 tons feat (calc which has some issues).

I did, what I didn't know is that you made calcs for this verse, I no longer trust you about deciding if the fight is fair or not.
I kinda lean with this.

Plus, doesn't Ness have Fate Manipulation ensuring Kris can't kill him? Meaning Kris has to figure out to knock Ness out?

To Ness's credit, his characterization might not lead him to lead with Hypnosis or PK Flash, as opposed to say, PK Rockin or using baseball bats, given his ostensible love for the sport....

I've also seen great advocacy for Ness's skills, based on the variety of enemies he's defeated -Through not entirely certain means & circumstances, but nonetheless- & his Intelligence section advocating for his natural talent & leadership skills, IIRC.

Kris's win condition is apparently... dodging? Apparently to exhaust Ness's Psychic Points.
Couldn't PK Rockin & such still just slam Kris's body?

Kris's SOUL might survive, but then what?
Kris's SOUL goes back into a psychically mangled & obliterated body & tries to stumble towards a Psychically exhausted Ness to stab him?

Wouldn't Ness still just have the energy to SMAAASH Kris with a baseball bat until whatever husk of Kris survived hundreds of meters AoE Range Spam falls?

If Kris dodging with SOUL prevents damage to the body, though, then it might work.

Can Ness see the SOUL, BTW? I mean....
Non-Physical Interaction (Can interact and fight against ghosts and Intangibles, such as Evil Elemental or Fenomeno)

But it's still Ness. Skilled, experienced, gifted, Fate Manipulating, Class M Lifting Strength Ness, who probably doesn't need any Psychic Points to make the next home run involve someone's head.

Could Kris really pull off such a literally exhaustive battle of attrition reasonably enough to say this isn't a stomp?

Last edited:
I'm really not happy how it was added anyway without addressing of our points first.
l5LfsqE_d.webp

Back