• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopolitan vs. Risotto Nero

All that tells me is that Neo can pinpoint that Nero is in the area. Which I'd hope so, given they start off looking at each other. That also isn't mentioned on her actual profile, the number one thing I've gathered from this thread is the Neo's profile is kinda bad, and if that's the case, why the hell is she even being used till she's fixed. Except actually, you'd think the "Aura" listed on her profile would link to THAT and not Lucario, dbz, type aura.

Also, I have an suspicion it doesn't quite matter, that doesn't stop Nero from spawning a knife in her throat or head the moment the match starts, given I'm pretty sure Nero going "hey that was actually meant to be lethal" as a opening move to something that Neo can't regen from at that, is pretty damning, couple that with Nero opting for kill moves multiple times, including right after he was done ******* around plus twice at the start, I don't think I have to explain why the fight starting in the aoe of a dude who can kill you from a distance with essentially a thought against someone who's stated to play around, is a very bad thing.

If the fight started outside his AOE, I'd give it to Neo low difficulty, it starting in Nero's AOE I'm giving it to him instead.

All that tells me is that Neo can pinpoint that Nero is in the area. Which I'd hope so, given they start off looking at each other. That also isn't mentioned on her actual profile, the number one thing I've gathered from this thread is the Neo's profile is kinda bad, and if that's the case, why the hell is she even being used till she's fixed. Except actually, you'd think the "Aura" listed on her profile would link to THAT and not Lucario, dbz, type aura.
I'm currently working on a sandbox to fix and update her profile lol

Also with the new stuff thanks to the new light novel it would make the match more close

Last edited:
Unless that new stuff is at least Low-Mid regen at minimum, Mid if Nero aims for the head, or thought based range instant kill hax or incap, it's not gonna do much when the fight ends as soon as it begins.

Though, if it's the latter, it becomes inconclusive, and if its the former, it becomes a stomp because he actually can't do anything beyond that as a win condition.

Also can Metallica even ifiltrate stands that arent mechanical like Aerosmith?
because both Neo's aura and her semblance cover her entire body, and aura as far as i recall is equalized to stands, because aura is a manifestation of the soul like how stands are the manifestation of the user's willpower

What the **** are you even going on about? He isn't possessing Neo here, and yeah, he can, ignoring Aerosmith isn't even "mechanical", it's a Stand, Stand energy, if it can embed itself into it, it can do so for every other type of Stand bar ones with logia.

because both Neo's aura and her semblance cover her entire body, and aura as far as i recall is equalized to stands, because aura is a manifestation of the soul like how stands are the manifestation of the user's willpower

Cool, that isn't stopping Metallica from spawning a knife inside her neck, you seem to have a misunderstanding of how this works.
Who the **** says that Metallica itself is going inside Neo? Nobody did, because it doesn't need to. It can spawn shit inside her, simple as that, aura ain't stopping that, it bypasses it completely, it doesn't need to weaken the aura, it doesn't need to damage it, it doesn't need to break through it, aura ain't stopping it. You could put a ten foot wall between Neo and Nero, not even that is gonna prevent it, he's aiming at the source, obstacles don't really matter here. It'd be like saying mewtwo or prof X need to break the aura to mind crush her head or something, some abilities don't need to **** with the middle man.

And for argument's sake, let's say that Metallica does need to actually be inside Neo for some reason even though that's literally not how it works and didn't do that for Doppio, but if it did, it would've been via just spawning inside him itself, in which aura still wouldn't do anything to prevent that because it ain't stopping what is essentially teleporting through the aura.

If he kills her right when the fight starts then how the hell is this fair?

Like they made the fight start in his range just so she could stomp neo with haxs

If he kills her right when the fight starts then how the hell is this fair?

Like they made the fight start in his range just so she could stomp neo with haxs
Dont know, I'm not the OP, in fact I don't think I've never made a Vs. match, I have one planned eventually and it's a ******* meme, but 10m starting distance is right at the edge of his ability's range so it was probably definitely intentional to start them off at just far enough where he can use his ability to spawn like knives and shit inside people.

10m is a pretty damning starting distance though, that's right within Nero's AOE. If it was even just 11m I'd have been inclined to say Neo would probably win but 10m is just enough.
Really? Going off of memory, I thought it was 30 meters. I had it start with Neo 10m away because I thought she'd have a better shot at winning than if she started at 30m away. Guess I remembered that wrong.

Honestly, I only made this thread because I've taken a big interest in Neo as a character lately and wanted to give her some matches. Risotto seemed like a good fit, since they're both assassins who are good at what they do and can turn invisible.

Last edited:
Really? Going off of memory, I could've sworn it was 30 meters.
10m is Metallica's maximum AOE, 10 is the maximum edge of it being generous. As stated in his character bio, here.

There might be more info on him in the guides though, I never actually checked JoJoveller for him, guess I'll do that now before I **** off to work.

Aura is in no way equalized to stands, one is the personification or the soul / will and one is a baseline armor that temporarily cover the the body.

Aura is the personification of the soul the same way a stand is, Aura's application of soul Manipulation is much less limited in comparison to that of Stands. Stands act independently of the user, Aura does not. At best this is a blatant association fallacy probably made by WeeklyBattles of all people.

Nero's invisibility is also based upon camouflage as opposed to the soul invisibility of Stands so her invisibility is essentially irrelevant as it's a much lower ranking form of invisibility as opposed to sheer spiritual invisibility.

"Aura is in no way equalized to stands, one is the personification or the soul / will and one is a baseline armor that temporarily cover the the body."

'Aura is a manifestation of the soul'

"Aura is the personification of the soul the same way a stand is"

Actually thats more along the lines of Semblances, not Aura, going by how Semblances are projections of a user's Aura with each semblance being unique to the user.

"Stands act independently of the user, Aura does not."

Aura as a mechanic is passive and Qrow, Clover, Neptune, Neo, Maria, and Ironwood all disagree, semblances that act independently of the user absolutely exist.

"At best this is a blatant association fallacy probably made by WeeklyBattles of all people."

All of this comes from the RWBY wiki, guidebook, and our P&A profile for Aura actually.

Plus i definitely remember aura and stands being equalized a while back, there are a lot of rwby vs jojo threads that accepted that.

"Nero's invisibility is also based upon camouflage as opposed to the soul invisibility of Stands so her invisibility is essentially irrelevant as it's a much lower ranking form of invisibility as opposed to sheer spiritual invisibility."

Neo's invisibilty is spiritually based too though, she coats herself with her semblance's illusions, with her semblance being her soul, to make herself invisible

"Yeah, if this is not stomp then i'll go with Risotto FRA

That should be grace then if it’s not a stomp"

Its definitely a stomp seing as Nero essentially wins passively via thinking

Back