• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neo vs Raven

I know that it was a different tier then but for Neo to be that afraid clearly even if she got stronger she wouldn't stand a chance

It absolutely does matter that High 8C Neo runs away from 8B Raven

Especially when 8B Neowas beating the crap out of Cinder with a mere illusion.

Actually from what I read on the RWBY reddit somebody said it was confirmed that it was the real Neo that was fighting Cinder. She just used an illusion to mask her clothing during the first part of their fight.

Beating the crap out of? I mean sure she was losing but it wasn't that one sided. You could tell Cinder was irritated than anything.

Not to mention Raven completely humiliated Cinder in their fight. You honestly think Neo even knows about differences such as "tier" as we do? No. All Neo knows is Raven is the famed leader of the Branwen Clan and stands no chance.

To be fair she wasn't really losing. In the first part of the fight they both managed to land two hits on each other. And in the second part outside Neo managed to land another one on Cinder before she activated her maiden powers. So they were more so comparable to each other.

Raven didn't completely humiliate Cinder though. They were equal to each other. Both of their aura were down and Raven only managed to beat Cinder because Vernal distracted her at the end.

So this fight isn't as one sided as you think and should still be doable.

Yeah Raven and Cinder had an even match but Raven was standing while Cinder was on her knees getting desperate. Pretty humiliating if you ask me.

Pretty sure Raven was also huffing after the fight though. And Cinder did get up later on so yeah. Not really humiliating if you ask me.

After both Aura's were down

Raven also would have lost if not for the Rocks falling from the ceiling

It's not a "humiliating defeat" they were all perfectly evenly matched.

Anyway, to actually vote.

Neo should take this comfortably.

It's already a huge advantage to actually have a Combat applicable Semblance to begin with, Raven only has her portals.

But she also had the advantage over Cinder Fall while Barely using her illusions to her best advantage.

Ravens swords are good but Neo had no problem adapting to Cinders Duel Wielding so that's not a problem

This is a slightly less lazy way of saying Neo via Illusions and expirience.

Neo is an enigma we don't know if she even has dealt with everything that Raven can do. Hell we haven't really seen what Raven can do either without Maiden powers.

How Raven's swords are capable of generating different elemental attacks for example, like if Raven hits Neo with an ice dust blade it freezes Neo on contact or ranged wind attacks (not shown only assuming there) or dozens of other things.

Btw the freezing thing was actually in the show during Cinder vs Raven. She pulled out the blade and froze anything that came into contact with it.

Dude edit the posts.

Show me an ice blade freezing someone on contact or why Neo can't just use an illusion to avoid it

During Raven vs Cinder Raven uses the ice dust blade on the ground while on top of the falling boulder freezing a whole line with what Raven has hit on contact.

Poor WiFi connection so I can't exactly pull it up but it's Vol 5 Chapter 13 if you want to look it up.

My point was that Raven is arguably more experienced, has Neo's fear, and has much more up her sleeve than what we have actually seen. We can't disqualify what we haven't seen her do with all her blades just because she hasn't used them on screen when she has clearly used them tons of times in the past when she didn't have maiden powers.

Neo's fear is invalid, this is not High 8C.

Her blades use different dust and that's all she has. Portals aren't useable,

Yes so we have no reason to assume that neo wouldn't be afraid of raven, which is what Nico was arguing

She has far less reason is what I argue

Besides would her fear even apply when Raven can't use her Maiden Abilities

Because up until the fight between raven and cinder not even salem knew that raven was the spring maiden

Unless youd like to make the assumption that neo somehow had intell that salem didnt

Back