• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Need help with a heat calc. Please and thank you.

So I stumbled upon this video, and it made me realize how hot something has to be in order to completely vaporize a person entirely. My mind immediately went to Megami Tensei's "Agi" spell. Which, in pretty much nearly all modern iterations, show the target being completely (I couldn't find a good GIF of Agi, but all fire spells share the same animation anyway and are under the same damage category as Agi). This is my first time ever attempting doing a calc, so it's likely got some holes, and I'd like a second opinion. Most of my values are the same as in the video, aside from the time frame it takes for the target to be completely vaporized.

The gif I posted is 43 frames, 43 frames is 1.1 seconds.

My formula is linked here.

The result I got was: 37479944152.75973 Kelvin ≈ 37,479,943,880 Celsius ≈ 67,463,899,016 Farenheit

If someone could do their own calc of this and let me know if I'm right or not, I'd appreciate it. As well as tell me where it'd be tiered.

Temperature alone does not wield AP

You will need to find out the energy with this formula: Specific Heat Capacity of the object's material * mass of the object * Temperature change.

Did you do the calc right? Having a temperature of 37,479,943,880 would make it OVER 2000 times hotter than the sun's core.
I mean, the temperature on its own is useless. What object is being heated to that state and how heavy is that object? What is the object made out of? What is that material's heat capacity?

I mean, the temperature on its own is useless. What object is being heated to that state and how heavy is that object? What is the object made out of? What is that material's heat capacity?
I bring it up, since I've heard tp some degree, fire is like durability negation, even ignoring the AP it grants. So I imagine it could be used to overrate a character's abilities during a match-up by stating their fire is "this amount of degrees" and thus bypass their resistance to a significantly less intense temperature.

But even so, can't that temperature be used to inflate the results from a melting calc? Since instead of just using the temperature that the material melts at (What I presume the heat capacity is?) they could use the temperature they calc'd the heat at?

I bring it up, since I've heard tp some degree, fire is like durability negation, even ignoring the AP it grants. So I imagine it could be used to overrate a character's abilities during a match-up by stating their fire is "this amount of degrees" and thus bypass their resistance to a significantly less intense temperature.

But even so, can't that temperature be used to inflate the results from a melting calc? Since instead of just using the temperature that the material melts at (What I presume the heat capacity is?) they could use the temperature they calc'd the heat at?
No, you're not supposed to go beyond what the melting calc already gives you.

Also the temperature here for vaporizing the guy? No way it could be that high if it's a humanoid-esque object. 1000 degrees C is what it takes to do the job as per what most crematoriums would tell you to do.

We already have a calc for vaporizing people tho, so not sure why this thread is a thing.

Also the temperature here for vaporizing the guy? No way it could be that high if it's a humanoid-esque object. 1000 degrees C is what it takes to do the job as per what most crematoriums would tell you to do.
That's the problem I had. The reason I think it got such a high temperature though is because the method they used must have accounted for the temperature needed to instantly vaporize a human in that short amount of time. On the other hand, don't crematoriums take a little while to accomplish the same task?
We already have a calc for vaporizing people tho, so not sure why this thread is a thing.
I was thinking the same thing. Though I think they were only trying to calc a temp instead of the AP from doing the feat.

That's the problem I had. The reason I think it got such a high temperature though is because the method they used must have accounted for the temperature needed to instantly vaporize a human in that short amount of time. On the other hand, don't crematoriums take a little while to accomplish the same task?
They do, but the crematorium end was considered the safest end to use. Last I heard, 3 gigajoules was what it'd take to atomize a human being as per a scientific article, 10 times higher than our current vaporization values.

I was thinking the same thing. Though I think they were only trying to calc a temp instead of the AP from doing the feat.
Once again tho, temps on their own don't give you AP (Or any other ability really except for maybe Temperature Manipulation?) unless you are able to heat up objects to that level.

Once again tho, temps on their own don't give you AP (Or any other ability really except for maybe Temperature Manipulation?) unless you are able to heat up objects to that level.
That's what I was referring to earlier. Assuming the calc in the OP is mathematically correct and uses a method that is scientifically accepted, wouldn't that mean the temperature the body was heated to for that very short timeframe was at that temp? Or was the calc getting the temp of the fire that heated them to vaporization levels immediately? If it's the former, that'd be kind of concerning.

That's what I was referring to earlier. Assuming the calc in the OP is mathematically correct and uses a method that is scientifically accepted, wouldn't that mean the temperature the body was heated to for that very short timeframe was at that temp? Or was the calc getting the temp of the fire that heated them to vaporization levels immediately? If it's the former, that'd be kind of concerning.
I think you'd need to find the energy interval within 1 second too (If it lasted for less you multiply the <1 second value with the energy yield). We don't take anything higher than 1, or else it's just endurance.

I'm fine with not being able to get an AP justification from it, not my primary reason for doing this. Mainly just wanted to find out how hot the spell was.

The video I linked has all its sources cited in the description, and you can watch the video as well to see how they went about calcing what they're measuring. Thanks for the responses, regardless.

Back