• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necrozoma: Absorbing the light of the universe

Agreed, strength gaps are arbitrary, i mean in dbz we accept how getting 2x stronger makes you utterly stomp people snd stuff like that, here is a lesser stomp from what i heard so it should be fine as baseline.

Idk how this works tbh, like, would he be 99.99..999% 3-C or what?

Plus, was the necrozma feat casual or something?
Yeah, something like that.

Thats kinda what we were agreeing on. The downscaling makes Mega Mewtwo and the others not named the Light Trio around Baseline 3-C.

And they're getting a "likely" instead of an outright 3-C.

But at the same time, that doesn't mean its 100% meaning its 3-C. Which is why the "likely" is used as it acknowledges the possibility of it being 3-C while also specifying that being absurdly high into 4-A is possible as well.

I mean zygarde itself is barely above baseline, so 4-A mewtwo is still plausible, and in the case of two different ratings being similarly likely we give it a "likely".

I thought at it better, and no, just got confused and I agree with Cal here. If Mewtwo was 3-C, the gap between it and Zygarde would've been too small to let Zygarde knock it like that. Just 4-A+ should be better tbh.

And again, I already debunked that argument before.

The "gap" between them being lower than 3-C is extremely arbitrary and the fact that 50% Zygarde is higher above baseline due to downscaling from Ultra Necrozma, it still leaves room for 3-C to be in the scaling.

Hence, the "likely" instead of an outright 3-C.

Define "Significant" when in this case, this "gap" was only "big" enough for Mewtwo to be knocked out for, like, a matter of minutes.

And this isn't factoring in Blaine's sync with Mewtwo being exploited by Lysander at the same time.

Define "Significant" when in this case, this "gap" was only "big" enough for Mewtwo to be knocked out for, like, a matter of minutes.

I mean, dude, you really think that just x1.5 times weaker allows a knock out after such a short time?

And this isn't factoring in Blaine's sync with Mewtwo being exploited by Lysander at the same time.

Doesen't matter.

I mean, dude, you really think that just x1.5 times weaker allows a knock out after such a short time?
Why wouldn't it? Again, the knock out being low enough to be dropped out of a tier is very arbitrary, especially when it did no notable damage and Mewtwo got up immediately afterwards in the very next chapter to continue fighting.
Doesen't matter.
Uh, exploiting a link to cause indirect harm to someone kinda very much does matter.

Why wouldn't it? Again, the knock out being low enough to be dropped out of a tier is very arbitrary, especially when it did no notable damage and Mewtwo got up immediately afterwards in the very next chapter to continue fighting.
4-A+ and Baseline 3-C are basically in the same range tho.
Uh, exploiting a link to cause indirect harm to someone kinda very much does matter.
Issue is that Mewtwo could barely stop Zygarde physically, with the latter even being able to overpower it.

Reshiram and Zekrom >> Base Kyurem
Can someone explain where this comes from? Neither Zekrom nor Reshiram’s profiles explain what makes them superior to base Kyurem.

Same thing with 50% Zygarde and Xerneas/Yveltal, there’s no explanation as to why they scale the way they do.

4-A+ and Baseline 3-C are basically in the same range tho.
Which gives more basis to why "likely" is to be used instead of directly going for either or.
Issue is that Mewtwo could barely stop Zygarde physically, with the latter even being able to overpower it.
I already accounted for this before. We know Zygarde is stronger than Mega Mewtwo at the end of the day. But this isn't evidence of there being any big gap at all.

The "could barely stop" comes before the fact that Blaine and Mewtwos link was already exploited by Lysandre to cause indirect harm to Mewtwo (which is why its Mega Y Evolution form vanished). And between Mewtwo stopping Zygarde's crunch and getting knocked out by a Dragon Pulse in the following chapter, there's more fighting between them off panel, which gives more basis to say Mega Mewtwo isn't that much weaker than Zygarde.

Can someone explain where this comes from? Neither Zekrom nor Reshiram’s profiles explain what makes them superior to base Kyurem.

Same thing with 50% Zygarde and Xerneas/Yveltal, there’s no explanation as to why they scale the way they do.
Well Base Kyurem needs to absorb their power in order to get its Black/White Kyurem forms, so from what I know, it needing their power is the basis for why its weaker.

Zygarde IIRC is for matching both Yveltal and Xerneas, along with the fact that its half of Perfect who's vastly superior to them.

And between Mewtwo stopping Zygarde's crunch and getting knocked out by a Dragon Pulse in the following chapter, there's more fighting between them off panel, which gives more basis to say Mega Mewtwo isn't that much weaker than Zygarde.
Doesn't it just give more basis to just 4-A+?

I mean, just a Dragon Pulse after a Crunch shouldn't be able to knock out with just x1.5 difference

Well Base Kyurem needs to absorb their power in order to get its Black/White Kyurem forms, so from what I know, it needing their power is the basis for why its weaker.
That... doesn’t necessarily mean it’s weaker though.
Zygarde IIRC is for matching both Yveltal and Xerneas, along with the fact that its half of Perfect who's vastly superior to them.
Wouldn’t that mean Zygarde is stronger than them and not slightly weaker like the profiles say?

Doesn't it just give more basis to just 4-A+?

I mean, just a Dragon Pulse after a Crunch shouldn't be able to knock out with just x1.5 difference
Well for one, it was just a single Dragon Pulse. Lysandre told Zygarde to use Dragon Pulse "once more" before the knockout happened, which indicates that Zygarde already used the move against Mega Mewtwo off panel and it didn't do anything of the sort between then. Which is viable since Blaine getting hit with the move is an attributing factor to Mewtwo getting knocked out.

That... doesn’t necessarily mean it’s weaker though.
Maybe but it can be argued the other way too seeing as Base Kyurem is the form he takes when losing the sum of it's parts.
Wouldn’t that mean Zygarde is stronger than them and not slightly weaker like the profiles say?
IIRC that part needs to be removed. Someone here, I could've sworn, debunked this part of the justification.

Well for one, it was just a single Dragon Pulse. Lysandre told Zygarde to use Dragon Pulse "once more" before the knockout happened, which indicates that Zygarde already used the move against Mega Mewtwo off panel and it didn't do anything of the sort between then. Which is viable since Blaine getting hit with the move is an attributing factor to Mewtwo getting knocked out.
Still doesen't make the situation any better, 2 attacks can't knock out with just x1.5 difference

Still doesen't make the situation any better, 2 attacks can't knock out with just x1.5 difference
And again, what's the basis for this in the first place? Why can't it?

This is being arbitrary about the small difference between them, and all over a knockout that barely did anything to Mewtwo all together.

How can such a minor difference in strength cause such a major impact in a physical contest?

It really is that simple, sure, you can strike a weak point with with a physical blow and knock someone out, but Zygarde overpowering Mewtwo physically doesn't match that

Maybe but it can be argued the other way too seeing as Base Kyurem is the form he takes when losing the sum of it's parts.
That’s fair, although I don’t really see how it would inherently make Zekrom/Reshiram superior as opposed to just comparable. Plus Kyurem is stated to have power that surpasses the two, but it’s bound by the extreme cold.
IIRC that part needs to be removed. Someone here, I could've sworn, debunked this part of the justification.
Okay, cool.

Back