• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Logia has resistance to their respective element and also haki layering
Only o a certain level like magma burns even fire aparently

I don't really understand the point of this thread tbh.

If the question is can Natsu interact with intangible Elements, then yes, his fight with Atlas Flame proves that quite well.

But if the Question is can Natsu get around logia's elemental regen then it depends on the level of regen vs Natsu's "destructive" feats and temperature. We know that by feats alone he can vaporize people, thus he can obviously get around up to low-High regen (A logia example would be Akainu as he has low-High currently). A more contentious approach would be to use stated temp of 200 million C that Natsu's fire can reach, which at that level of heat can cause fusion reactions to occur, and thus should be capable of dealing with regen even on the molecular/atomic level (High Regen). There is also the argument that since Natsu has been shown to burn light before, if you were to consider that, then he could get around most forms of logia regen iirc.

The minimum bet is to say he gets around regen up to Mid-High with arguments for higher but can slow normal regen like Zeref's well into the godly tiers. but like Gin said, logia's regen is unconventional, so the former should be considered relevant here.

Sure, I am not getting into the regen stuff because that stuff seems to be wiki exclusive but there is also how Slayers can harm or even kill beings that are of a pure elemental state, such as Silver with Atlas’ flame body, though he was the eternal flame at the time, it is still his body and being frozen dwindled it down and even damaged his memories. And with Gajeel matching fully the element of Bane Particles could attack his BP body enough that he died which led to him dissipating.

Last edited:
Only o a certain level like magma burns even fire aparently
Only akainu's magma burns fire inverse... It's something his magma specifically is able to do, not because of it's temperature but because of it's property and how it can consume/burn flames

Only akainu's magma burns fire inverse... It's something his magma specifically is able to do, not because of it's temperature but because of it's property and how it can consume/burn flames
He said that it is a matter of superiority, not about consuming flames as magma still produces them.

0573-013.png

Dragon Slayers digest the elements they eat lol.

Natsu sucks up Ace and converts him to magic power for a small stamina boost.

He said that it is a matter of superiority, not about consuming flames as magma still produces them.

0573-013.png
This doesn't even make any sense, why did Oda think this was a good explanation to bypass Logia?

"You're just fire. My magma can burn even you!"
This is essentially just "Even though it logically makes so sense that I should be able to interact with you, since my power is supposedly qualitatively superior version of yours, I can bypass your Logia intangibility!"

Opposite element makes far more sense.

This doesn't even make any sense, why did Oda think this was a good explanation to bypass Logia?

This is essentially just "Even though it logically makes so sense that I should be able to interact with you, since my power is supposedly qualitatively superior version of yours, I can bypass your Logia intangibility!"

Honestly, the way it makes sense (to me) would be comparing what they relate in, heat, since both are very hot but one is hotter than the other. It would make sense, if going scientific, Akainu’s magma produces flames themselves, and hotter flames consumes more oxygen, so in a way it would make sense that it can “burn” Ace’s flames since they would be burned out.

Because that's how Devil fruits works, not how the element works if you understand what I mean
D: About the powers from the Dressrosa Arc that Doflamingo's officers have... are they pretty much just improved versions of the abilities that the Baroque Works members had (so like Ton Ton → Kiro Kiro, Beta Beta → Doru Doru, Buki Buki → Supa Supa, and Pamu Pamu → Bomu Bomu)? from TaokaS43

O: It's true that "superior" devil fruit abilities are a thing, but as of now, it's pretty much just these four pairs.

latest

(Ton Ton > Kiro Kiro, Hie Hie > Yuki Yuki, Magu Magu > Mera Mera, Buki Buki > Supa Supa)

Though there are other fruit pairs out there that might make you wonder don't they pretty much do the same thing?, these abilities tend to be headed in different directions in terms of how they actually work or what they can do. Also, a superior ability does not necessarily equate to the character's strength. No ability alone guarantees victory in combat.
Dragon Slayers digest the elements they eat lol.
Yee the elements, not the person
Natsu sucks up Ace and converts him to magic power for a small stamina boost.
Sucks up the elements not ace, and coverts the elements to magic

Does nothing to the users main body

Honestly, the way it makes sense (to me) would be comparing what they relate in, heat, since both are very hot but one is hotter than the other. It would make sense, if going scientific, Akainu’s magma produces flames themselves, and hotter flames consumes more oxygen, so in a way it would make sense that it can “burn” Ace’s flames since they would be burned out.
yee but not to oda and devil fruits

Yes, there are properties that makes magma superior to fire. Among others.
Akainu's magma is hundreds of times hotter than irl magma. He can burn Ace because his heat is that much hotter than Ace's resistance.
Not really. This is never stated to be the case.

Also Natsu has straight up never eaten a living human made of fire. And I doubt that'd be effective as even if he did, Ace would just turn back to his true body inside Natsu. His flame body isn't his true body, so by attempting to eat and convert the flame body wouldn't do anything to his actual flesh body.

Natsu eats Ace as fire, Ace turns back to normal inside Natsu and blows him up.

To be fair, Oda did say that the abilities tend to world differently or heading to different directions besides just being a “superior version” and like any ability in One Piece, the would differ based on the character, like Flame Flame fruit, it is much better used with Sabo, with Vibration fruit, Backbeard appears physically weaker than WB.

Yee the elements, not the person

Sucks up the elements not ace, and coverts the elements to magic

Does nothing to the users main body
Laxus devoured Elexion's remnant soul along with his magic power. It won't matter if Ace's consciousness is present in the Flame Natsu sucked up, he should be able to just digest it.

Laxus devoured Elexion's remnant soul along with his magic power. It won't matter if Ace's consciousness is present in the Flame Natsu sucked up, he should be able to just digest it.
That's different. Ace still has a physical body, Natsu doesn't turn organic matter that doesn't contain magic into Etheranos or whatever the ****.

He can eat the flame body but that would be counterintuitive as now he has a whole ass human inside of him. That Flame body isn't his real body, once the flame body disappears the real body is exposed.

Akainu's magma is hundreds of times hotter than irl magma. He can burn Ace because his heat is that much hotter than Ace's resistance.

Not really. This is never stated to be the case.
It was portrayed to be so. Rubber is an insulator so luffy was able to negate enel's logia.
Also Natsu has straight up never eaten a living human made of fire. And I doubt that'd be effective as even if he did, Ace would just turn back to his true body inside Natsu. His flame body isn't his true body, so by attempting to eat and convert the flame body wouldn't do anything to his actual flesh body.

Natsu eats Ace as fire, Ace turns back to normal inside Natsu and blows him up.
What else would he turn into when he gets digested inside Natsu's body? Natsu digested Ignia's flames.

I don't properly know how logia works, I'm a casual anime watcher. If his entire body was fire at the time and he gets digested in that state, his biological body still remains? Like suppose Aokiji gets vaporized completely without a trace in his Ice body, he still reverts back to human form and only loses his ice body?

That's different. Ace still has a physical body, Natsu doesn't turn organic matter that doesn't contain magic into Etheranos or whatever the ****.

He can eat the flame body but that would be counterintuitive as now he has a whole ass human inside of him. That Flame body isn't his real body, once the flame body disappears the real body is exposed.
It is not really that it disappears, it is converted to MP. Plus Natsu’s body is not average human build as well, can consume more than just a human mass. Look at Dragon Eaters.

eating or trying to consume elements does nothing to the true body
0178-013.png

D: Is it possible to make kakigōri out of Aokiji? P.N. Baka-Inu

O:
Yes, it's possible. After-all, he's ice. But, eating it might be a different story. He might return to Aokiji in your stomach and take control of you.

For the fire body yeah. As for the true body no. He'd just have a human inside him afterwards.

I doubt Natsu can swallow a whole ass human and digest them like a snake.
There are Dragon Eaters who eat massive piles of meat, greater than human size in one go and gain their power.

There are Dragon Eaters who eat massive piles of meat, greater than human size in one go.
That's meat. Not bones, hair, clothing, metals, etc.

Natsu isn't an cannibal. He's from Fairy Tail, he's not one of the cannibals from Green Inferno lol.

But
That's meat. Not bones, hair, clothing, metals, etc.

Natsu isn't a cannibal. He's from Fairy Tail, he's not one of the cannibals from Green Inferno lol.
that doesn’t really make a difference of more mass than one consumes greater than that of a human, or how they can consume other materials. Natsu isn’t a human or a dragon, a blend between. Same can be said for any DS. Also the piece would have bone since it is a segment of a long body.

He may get sick but the price is worth it.

that doesn’t really make a difference of more mass than one consumes greater than that of a human.
Mass is different than density and volume. Natsu has never eaten someone alive before, especially a still living being.
or how they can consume other materials. Natsu isn’t a human or a dragon, a blend between. Same can be said for any DS.
Doesn't mean they can eat humans.
He may get sick but the price is worth it.
He's not getting sick, he's getting violently damaged from the inside out. Also this is getting very uncomfortable to discuss lmfao.

There are Dragon Eaters who eat massive piles of meat, greater than human size in one go and gain their power.
Luffy as well 🐵 and if luffy tried eating aokiji, aokiji would destroy him from the inside without luffy being able to do anything to him

Mass is different than density and volume. Natsu has never eaten someone alive before, especially a still living being.

Doesn't mean they can eat humans.

He's not getting sick, he's getting violently damaged from the inside out. Also this is getting very uncomfortable to discuss lmfao.
There are bones which they can eat too as part of a snake dragon like segment. And he ate crystals which have all types of elements. He was eating Atlas, tho he is a fire base being it is still eating someone alive. Doesn’t mean they can’t especially if they turn themselves into elements. He have survived an explosion worth his whole body inside himself.
Luffy as well 🐵 and if luffy tried eating aokiji, aokiji would destroy him from the inside without luffy being able to do anything to him
Luffy has a rubber body so he can stretch, and has haki.

If they turn to real body (interact with/negate elemental body), Natsu can just at the very least burn them to molecules. (R-system disintegrates people to molecules with just sheer magic power, Natsu can output much more than that)

And also internal organs of dragon slayers should be comparable to their normal durability, as stated with Gajeel whose internal organs are just as strong as body. (And laxus who sucked up a whole city's bane particles during tartaros, or when they eat destructive power and still operate)

And Jellal also resisted R-system's molecular break-down and only fell into a coma, even though the magic power fused with his body and tried to break him down (as confirmed by Wendy later and also what's stated should've happened to Erza in his place)

This implies just a strong magic power and body makes them durable even on a molecular level, you can't break their inter-molecular bonds by merely overcoming vanderwaal's, hydrogen bonding, etc... but rather you also need to overcome their magic power. By extension, this would also apply to internal organs (also as seen directly in case of dragon slayers taking attacks to internal organs without damage, or Swallowing attacks that do them great harm like ignia flames).

Essentially what I'm saying is just, even if Ace turns into a human despite getting his conscious flame body digested, he won't be able to just explode natsu from inside. He might get crushed inside and Natsu would get extremely sick and vomit his guts out in an extremely grotesque manner. Wendy will heal him and he'll spend years in therapy.

Dragons or dragon turned humans like acnologia eat humans, but he's a human.

If they turn to real body (interact with/negate elemental body), Natsu can just at the very least burn them to molecules. (R-system disintegrates people to molecules with just sheer magic power, Natsu can output much more than that)
And also internal organs of dragon slayers should be comparable to their normal durability, as stated with Gajeel whose internal organs are just as strong as body. (And laxus who sucked up a whole city's bane particles during tartaros, or when they eat destructive power and still operate)

And Jellal also resisted R-system's molecular break-down and only fell into a coma, even though the magic power fused with his body and tried to break him down (as confirmed by Wendy later and also what's stated should've happened to Erza in his place)

This implies just a strong magic power and body makes them durable even on a molecular level, you can't break their inter-molecular bonds by merely overcoming vanderwaal's, hydrogen bonding, etc... but rather you also need to overcome their magic power. By extension, this would also apply to internal organs (also as seen directly in case of dragon slayers taking attacks to internal organs without damage, or Swallowing attacks that do them great harm like ignia flames).

Essentially what I'm saying is just, even if Ace turns into a human despite getting his conscious flame body digested, he won't be able to just explode natsu from inside. He might get crushed inside and Natsu would get extremely sick and vomit his guts out in an extremely grotesque manner. Wendy will heal him and he'll spend years in therapy.

Dragons or dragon turned humans like acnologia eat humans, but he's a human.
You're acting like their logia body won't automatically transform or will still be intangible from those attacks/damages

Natsu can vaporize the elements and logias will just create new ones

He can burn Ace because his heat is that much hotter than Ace's resistance.
Oh? Natsu's Fire and Temperature Manipulation can be this hot according to his profile.
In X792, Invel, who is the Chief of Staff in the Alvarez Empire and would know everything that the Spriggan 12 are capable of, stated that Natsu was the only person capable of melting his Ice Magic[2], which would make Peak Base Natsu's Fire hotter than Wall's Magic Confinement Fusion, which is said to be the same as real life Magnetic Confinement Fusion, which produces temperatures of 200 Million Degrees Celsius[3][4][5].

That wouldn’t work, as said above df’s have superiority ace fruit > akinu fruit. It ha soothing to do with hotter flames or whatever.

Back