• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
- Fate/Stay Night Archer and latest Natsu

- Speed Equalized

- Distance: 100m

- Both are in character and willing to kill

- Fight takes place in Fuyuki City

Who wins and why?

Natsu Dragneel: 0 Votes

Archer: 3 Votes -> Gemmysaur, HalfAsianFan, Fabtastic Glasses

Natsu Anime S2
Archer1

How far apart do they start? I can see Archer taking this by keeping Natsu at range and waiting for Natsu to tire from his attacks.

HalfAsianFan said:
How far apart do they start? I can see Archer taking this by keeping Natsu at range and waiting for Natsu to tire from his attacks.
Oh forgot about that. To keep things interesting, I'll go with 100m distance.

Wouldn't matter that much since Archer can turn into spirit form and retreat anyway. Natsu would be bombarded with Broken Phantasms until he falls.

BlackDaryl said:
Wouldn't matter that much since Archer can turn into spirit form and retreat anyway. Natsu would be bombarded with Broken Phantasms until he falls.
That would make Servants invulnerable to anything that isn't a Servant and there would be no point.

Gonna have to go with Archer. He's one of the if not the most pragmatic servant ever, and with his precog, versatility, variety and very tactical mind, he'd probably be able to best Natsu even in close range.

ScarletFirefly said:
BlackDaryl said:
That would make Servants invulnerable to anything that isn't a Servant and there would be no point.
Anything that's incorporeal/spiritual can harm him in that state and it's not like it's a total gamebreaker either since he can't harm anyone physically while in the spirit form so needs to materialize if he wants to attack.

BlackDaryl said:
Anything that's incorporeal/spiritual can harm him in that state and it's not like it's a total gamebreaker either since he can't harm anyone physically while in the spirit form so needs to materialize if he wants to attack.
That would be an extra ability that every Servant has (except Saber). Also it's a pretty dealbreaking thing. He can dematerialize and let Natsu pass through him, then materialize again and stab him in the back of his head, Obito-style, so no. Would be the same things as for example Luffy not being able to see Ichigo due to him being a spirit.

Well yeah it IS an extra ability that they have, it's even listed in their page. It classifies as intangibility. A lot of people like Danny Phantom, Alucard and Santa Sasaki has it but that doesn't mean they're invincible. Hell, even characters in FT has it.

And Archer wouldn't fight like that since that's not how he normally fights (this is still IC), he mainly uses it to retreat to a safe sniping point.

There woudn't be a point in any debate with Servants versus other verses if they can do that. They're not only intangible, but also invisble. They can sneak up on you and you'd never notice it.

.....It's only a matter of matching them with people who can sense or damage them, which are a lot. Intangibility and invisibility are nothing new, many people in a xianxia genre can simply expand their divine sense and they'll be able to perceive spiritual beings and keep a constant watch on them.

Many ghosts/revenant creatures are intangible and can turn invisible but we can't just disable that in every match as that would make their status as ghost/revenant pointless, same with Archer since he's a heroic spirit.

And it's not like this is Archer's only option, I only said it as one aspect that makes it easier to increase the distance between the two of them (if there's an easier way why not use it? that would also be in line with Archer's character). It's not like Archer can stay in that form forever either since even if his opponent can't do anything but is able to constantly sustain him/herself through some means (like energy absorbtion), then he'll be able to outlasts Archer and wins.

Gemmysaur said:
Gonna have to go with Archer. He's one of the if not the most pragmatic servant ever, and with his precog, versatility, variety and very tactical mind, he'd probably be able to best Natsu even in close range.
Basically this.

Archer spam some exploding exotic weapons from myth and stories at Natsu until he dropped dead. And since speed is equalized, Archer can get away from Natsu as fast as Natsu can chase Archer

this can as well be closed Archer is clearly winning this i would say mostly the experince since their strength from things we have for now is pretty much equal.

Once again, the battle is decisively in Natsu's opponents favour. How tragic it is that Natsu seems to have just the worst possible attributes for his tier, and seems to get beaten in every single Versus Battle he's placed in.

Exactly. I don't remember Natsu having anything like that. Anyway, can't think of a legit way for Natsu to even have a solid chance of winning.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Anyway, can't think of a legit way for Natsu to even have a solid chance of winning.
He wins if he uses FDKM and hits Archer once. That starting distance is what really screws him up here imo.

as long as we don't find out how strong Natsu in E.N.D form maybe combination with dragon form, he has no chance of winning this.

I chose the starting distance of 100m because in my opinion, it was a neutral distance. Archer is a ranged fighter and has a severe disadvantage in close combat, but Natsu also can easily reach that distance with his ranged attacks. His ranged is sseveral hundred meters.

My vote is for archer since he did kill Berserker 6 times and Natsu's MO is basicaly the same as B's which implies, to me, that the far easyer to beat Natsu would be a mid diff win for Archer.

Now that i think about it, one of the Berserkers might be a better match up for natsu.

stat wise their basically equal so it all comes down to their skills and Archer does havet the advantage at range but at close quarters Natsu has the advantage but Archer's EoM does even it out. Broken NP would actually work againts him since BNP actually explode on contact and that would help Natsu so even caladabolg wouldn't kill Natsu in one hit.

Personally I see it going either way but I pick Natsu, although it wouldn't be an easy battle for him at all. it would etiher be Archer finding a chinck in Natsu's 'defense' and takes him down but not without difficulty or Natsu surviving long enough untill Archer almost runs out of Prana and weakens enough for Natsu to take him out. I go with the later since Natsu is mostly unpredictable in battle.

Omimi said:
Archer wins not including E.N.D cuz he is featless
State a reason for why you think he wins, that or you state you agree with someone else's reason, else, your vote is not to be counted.

Archer for many reasons. His high level of versatility combined with his tactical/pragmatic/rultheless outlook and hax from his NP really give this to him (Calabog II for example ignores typical durability). Natsu is an open book to him for all intensive purposes, making him easy to read.

Archer's Tactical side is as effective as the amount of Information he has on his opponent which he gains from reading the history of the enemy's wepon he faces or his own personal experience, however since Natsu doesn't use wepons he's has to stick to his own personal experience which is, offically known, limited when compared to his experience againts wepon users. While yes Natsu is a simple fighter his fighting style is not, rather then styles he chooses the best move for the situation giving him a sense of unpredictability in his style. Plus this is in character meaning he won't go all out since its not his style giving Natus a chance.

Choosing the best move for a situation is the most predicable thing a fighter can do. Archer has a skill that allows him to make the correct descisions to win so as soon as he sees Natsu's fighting style he will know how to win.

@halfasianfan honstly don't see a single way for Natsu to win so it is sort of a stomp he could deal some damage but would be defeated rather easy.

Delta3000 basically said what I was thinking. Archer's analytical abilities are quite good overall and he's very intelligent, able to think up entire new plans on the fly while he's fighting. Archer's not one the most powerful Servants, he's one of the most dangerous.

My other thing with Natsu is that he doesn't have a deep well of techniques or hax to draw upon. They all basically do the same thing: some type of fire blast or physical strike enhanced with fire. My point is that, it won't take long for Archer to get Natsu's mark on how he fights and unlike Natsu, he's got an arsenal to really work with to take his opponent down.

Archer may have an arsenal of wepons to use but it doesn't mean he can use them all in a single battle. I base my thought on what 'in character Archer' is by his battle with Lancer and Berserker. If he really could use all of his wepons to the fullest why was he in trouble againts those two? sure Lancer and Berserker was stronger and faster but with all of Archer's options he should win but he couldn't. Archer is not the fastest, strongest, or most skilled servant amoung the cast.

During the second battle againts Lancer he was nearly out of prana after useing Rho Aias and he was only able to use Caladabolg once againts Berserker. this suggest that while he can use heavy wepons its only a one time deal and I know they can't kill Natsu in one hit since he is at the same level as Archer in Durability.

No, Natsu doesn't have a deep well of techniques to draw upon but Natsu has delt with opponents that are more skilled, faster, or stronger then him and he has come out on top, so Archer's analytical tactitc shouldn't be a huge advantage since they are basically equal states. in a sense both Archer and Natsu has the same princible on how to handle a fight, analys their opponent and use what they consider the best attack.

I'm not saying one is better then the other its just that I can see this ending in either Archer finding the chinck and ending Natsu or Natsu just hold out long enough untill Archer gets tired and finish him off, and I chose the later because while Archer can read Natsu and find openings it doesn't mean that he has the wepon to take him down since Natsu has better durability then what Archer can dishout with.

Caladabolg won't be able to kill him in one hit because Natsu can easily handle explosions and Hrunting is only a good arrow and sense their speed is equal its not a huge deal for Natsu.

Archer can win if he sticks to his analytical tactitcs and waiting out untill Natsu tires but if he tries useing his heavy wepons then he'll tire out before Natsu gets killed

Back