• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Archer had enough stamina, offensive and defensive capability to kill Berserker 6 times thanks to UBW, more than enough to kill Natsu (who only has one life and is comparable, in my opinion, to Berserker in cqc) before Archer tires himself out add Archer's vastly superiour tactical ability/precog = dead Natsu.

Natsu defeating more skilled opponents has nothing to do with it, since in most cases he has won those fights via ass pull, plot armour or having help.

One, Berserker was without sanity and reason so he's actually different from Natsu who actually does think things through just acts in a simple maner. Two, Archer's doesn't actually have Precognition he just uses his knowledge of his opponent's fighting stlye and his experience to estimate his opponent next move. Three, in a battle againts Berserker with Saber at the front he was unable to do anything and had to resort to useing Caladabolg and it didn't really help at all.

Archer's heavy attacks are move of a problem to him rather then Natsu since to acutally charge a BNP, its stated in his profile that it takes 30-40 seconds to fully charge giving Natsu a large amount of time to get out of the way or at least prepare himself for the attack. plus in the UBW rout he is shown not being able to use those attack at a continuos rate.

Archer can win not by overwelming Natsu with his heavy wepons but by staying calm and working Natsu down bit by bit untill Nastu is too tired to fight but thats just base Natsu. If Natsu uses his FDK mode then Archer can't defend againts him if any of his attacks connects.

the Main difference between Archer and Natsu is that Archer's specialtly is to continuaslly read the battle and keep his mind focuse and calm not attacking his opponents with heavy attacks.

Natsu on the other hand is not very good at tactical movements but he is not always direct in his fights since he has been shown to think things through rather then just overwelm them, on the other hand his specialtly is being able to use his high firepower when he does go for just overwelming his opponent.

My point is that Archer has proven himself reliably capable of killing people with stats and MO's like Natsu (berserker) and holding off people with greater tactical thinking and combat skill than Natsu (Lancer, Saber and Caster to an extent), even whilst weakened; Therefore Natsu would only be a high diff kill for Archer.

I know, I agree its not going to be an easy victoy for either one I'm just putting my vote to Natsu base on the two outcomes I could see this battle going.

actually I would like to take back my vote and turn it to a tie. I admited that the fight could end in either ones victory so I'm going to stick with it.

[quote="JBennett said:
Archer may have an arsenal of wepons to use but it doesn't mean he can use them all in a single battle. I base my thought on what 'in character Archer' is by his battle with Lancer and Berserker. If he really could use all of his wepons to the fullest why was he in trouble againts those two? sure Lancer and Berserker was stronger and faster but with all of Archer's options he should win but he couldn't. Archer is not the fastest, strongest, or most skilled servant amoung the cast.
1) Archer wasn't planning on fighting all out against Lancer because he only need to keep him company and show him that his goal is to kill Caster, something which he reveal later to Lancer and Lancer accepts.

2) BNP degrade the rank of the weapon by 1 so a weapon which was originally rank A will become rank B while Berserker's God Hand neutralizes all NP below rank A so Archer is fighting in a huge disadvantage, but despite that he's still able to kill Berserker 6 times.

JBennett"]
Three, in a battle againts Berserker with Saber at the front he was unable to do anything and had to resort to useing Caladabolg and it didn't really help at all. [/quote]
Caladbolg wasn't meant for only Berserker, it was for both Berserker AND Saber (Archer was targetting both of them, and Shirou too IIRC since he knows Shirou will try to get to Saber) but Berserker felt the threat and intercept it while Shirou gets Saber out of its range.

Also, Caladbolg has durability negation effect in that it twists the space surrounding it, Caster would've been killed even if she tried to teleport if it wasn't for Archer purposefully miss.

And even if Archer was fighting Lancer seriously at that time. Its still a bad matchup for Archer considering they're fighting at melee range and Lancer also has Protection from Arrows which hard counter Archer. The thing with Lancer and Berserker is more of a bad compability rather than Archer being weak

BlackDaryl said:
2) BNP degrade the rank of the weapon by 1 so a weapon which was originally rank A will become rank B while Berserker's God Hand neutralizes all NP below rank A so Archer is fighting in a huge disadvantage, but despite that he's still able to kill Berserker 6 times.
actually its Archer's Tracing that degrades the rank of the weapon not BNP, instead it increases by one.

Back