• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 29

Thinking back Quetzalcoatl is ridiculous strong if we look at all her feats, and even after losing half of her divinity she's still a big ass threat especially when she gets serious lol.

I remember Kongu struggling against her even if he had the grail KuKu was still able to outmatch him AND deal with the chains of heaven.

Diinou HotHead said:
Reminding me, does Kuku have a hard time with Lahmus?
Kingu dispatched thousands of them easily.
She only fights a few of them iirc, but she demolished all but the only plot-relevant one

John985 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
NO STAHP PLS THE TEARS
Hah, this is nothing compare muv luv chomp.

try and search it
The REAL CHOMP

1305220086903.png

sorry if this is a stupid question, but i'm a bit confused

if the profile for Scathach is for her as a servant, that means she has died. That means the Land of Shadows would have been destroyed, which it was, as noted on the profile

so wouldn't that mean she shouldn't have Type 8 as a servant, since the place it relies on would already be destroyed?

The general idea is that she is technically dead, since History gets destroyed in 2016 (originally) which is when Goetia burned everything for his plan and by extension the Land of Shadows.

But it keeps on existing otherwise aside from that one loophole. Not to mention the Throne of Heroes is more or less outside the flow of time, so she will remain there and can be summoned even in a time where the Land of Shadows should remain.

Wait but I thought scathach could only died if the land of shadow was destroyed, the human world getting destroyed wouldn't affect her at all since her existence isn't dependent on humanity, it's just dependent on the land of shadows.

EDIT:You know what at this point who cares there's like a scathach alive in every single route, Extella link, Grand order and other alternative Time lines... Nasu keeps going around and bending/breaking his own rules.

AshenCrow777 said:
Wait but I thought scathach could only died if the land of shadow was destroyed, the human world getting destroyed wouldn't affect her at all since her existence isn't dependent on humanity, it's just dependent on the land of shadows.

EDIT:You know what at this point who cares there's like a scathach alive in every single route, Extella link, Grand order and other alternative Time lines... Nasu keeps going around and bending/breaking his own rules.
Where do you think the Land of Shadows is...? The reverse side of the world is part of Gaia, and Goetia is planning to redo everything from the very start of the genesis of the planet. The magical stuff isn't just gonna exist eternally unperturbed in the Rervese Side of the World no matter what happens to the planet.

I know thag Her fate is tie to the world, as long as the world is there she will never die. And yeah, Goetia brought "the end of the world" by incinerating humanity, ended up killing Scathach as well as burning the Land of Shadows. From that point she could be summoned as a servant and the random island we landed on during 2016 summer event is part of what used to be the land of shadows. Think of Scathach's immortality as somewhat similar to Tiamat.

I know that it's just oder Authors talked to Nasu and at some point they were talking about scathach and they mentioned something about Nasu constantly changing stuff and the editors had to keep on eye on him so that it dosent get even MORE convoluted.

Same thing happened with Strange fake writter he was afraid of making OP servants but Nasu basically said "**** it go nuts" hence Alceides ridiculous stats, Richards speed and "everything I touch becomes Excalibur" and other stuff.

One of them being in Fate strange fake author saying that he didn't know how to handle the characters from fear of making them OP but Nasu just told him to just do it and have fun and he also said something about Nasu having wild rampant ideas on what he works.

Fate last encore being a good example of it good ideas but just too much and convoluted, ended up just being a Nero pandering fest at times and a MC with severe lack of conviction until season 2.

Last Encore as a whole was a bad idea, at least to make it into an 12 episode anime.

Also, I think Nasu is allowing the other authors to do whatever they want because he has come to the realization that his universe has now become to big for him to handle, and is fine with the idea of a shared multiverse with different authors, (also because overpowered Servants and weird lore is stuff that makes F/GO gain tons, come on, admit that) so as time goes on, he gives less and less of a crap to whatever happens.

Personally I don't mind the route this verse is taking that much. I think it gives people the opportunity to make the Nasuverse this big collection of self-contained stories that happen in a much larger world, with potentially current fans of the series that would like to continue this by becoming new writers im the future, kind of like mythology or hystory as a whole.

On the other hand, I don't really like when things get out of control, such as some random Servant having insane hax or having been 2-A when they were alive just for the sake of it, and then being forced to give Gilgamesh another 22 other powers for the sake of keeping him among the strongest, and then you have to go on a crusade in Fate/Xenoverse 2 to prevent the destruction of everything, and do the same thing again next weekend. We don't have to make everything busted as hell just as an attempt to make things interesting, there are other ways. Just follow the main rules of the verse, it shouldn't be that hard.

I agree and disagree with this, but mainly on the Gil thing and "super powered whatever being" thing. For one, someone "just being 2-A" while alive is not really a thing, that barely applies for anyone as far as Servants go, and the cases that do happen make a lot of sense. I mean, Arjuna by himself has a myth about keeping off all of Indra's forces, literally all of them, out from a tree Agni was eating with the help of Krishna, keeping all of the animals of the forest inside as well as everything burned down. Letting aside the fact that I still think 2-B is the rating that should be had, some heroes scaling at their full power isn't really weird.

As for Gil, only power I can think they added and they didn't even use it as the excuse for him winning a fight was his clairvoyance, everything else is normal. Dude was literally described from day one to have the prototype of everything humanity has thought of. We have never seen all Gil can do, not even honestly close, so I don't see where people are "making up new powers" for him to stay relevant. He has always been and would stay like so with his original conception.

Aside from that, I don't remember every single thing being a uberpowerful God tier being nor that being used to keep tension in the stories. Almost everyone like that all along FGO has been brought down to a manageable level because the Servants straight up don't compare, or been circumvented some way that didn't rely in pure power. There are still a lot of issues with the approach like you said, but I am not sure I agree at all with the main ones you mentioned.

Back