• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
RegisNex1232 said:
Found it. FATE - Day 5 - 11
Fallacies has a different, clarifying translation since Mirror Moon missed some stuff.

ÒÇîWait- wait a second ... ! ÒÇÇUm, don't the benchmarks for the quantification of Strength and Noble Phantasms differ? ÒÇÇRegardless of its inferiority of Rank, your Noble Phantasm should be a potent weapon, no? ÒÇÇThat being the case, if you were to express its performance in terms of Strength, wouldn't you be able to attain the equivalent of a Rank of A?ÒÇì

ÒÇîIndeed. ÒÇÇNoble Phantasms and conventional attacks are not directly comparable. ÒÇÇA Noble Phantasm of a Rank of C would if expressed as a conventional capability approximate to an A, if not an A+. ÒÇÇ... however, the 『Law』 that protects Berserker is an existence extraneous to the Laws of Physics.

ÒÇîIt is a Concept that would effect nullification even if confronted with a Noble Phantasm capable of destroying the World, so long as the existence in question falls short of a Rank of A.

ÒÇÇBerserker ... ÒÇÇHerakles is a Heroic Spirit that bears the disposition of Divinity. ÒÇÇHeroic Spirits that carry the blood of the Gods are excepting the action of Mysteries of comparable standing wholly beyond interference.ÒÇì
Oh what source/website did you find this off of??

im having troubles trying to find it on IParchives

Sweet!! Thank you!!!

So, does that mean the Caladbolg II that Hercules deflected was C rank or lower?? Or is godhand similar to Armor of Fafnir?? with the subtraction of stuff??

So in the IParchive. you are given 3 choices. and the LParchives team decided to pick archer

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Sweet!! Thank you!!!

So, does that mean the Caladbolg II that Hercules deflected was C rank or lower?? Or is godhand similar to Armor of Fafnir??

So in the IParchive. you are given 3 choices. and the LParchives team decided to pick archer
Ranks =/= firepower for God Hand. GH cares about Ranks in X category (NP, STR, Spells, etc).

Armor of Fafnir works exactly like God Hand, up until the point where they face an attack above B Rank. AoF substracts to diminish the blow, while God Hand does nothing and Herk has to tank it with his normal durability. But Herk has 12 lives and gains resistance to stuff that killed him, or stuff that didn't kill him if he gets a chance to heal.

But yes, Regis' point is that the power that NPs represent is not of the same order as normal physical ability, it is quite higher. So Herk being completely unhurt and his Axe being entirely okay after destroying Caladbolg means either it was way weaker than its Rank would indicate, or is just a straight outlier.

of herk can backhand it like that without dying.. it would be a degraded C-Rank version.. or maybe lower.. but overall meh lol

Then again he did launch a "Sword" like a bow and according to his F/GO thing they get a rank up if they are a sword... sooo idk.. but meh x D

The point is that Ranks of any attack, regardless of how strong they are, matter for GH. The given example is thar Invisible Air usage won't do shit while equivalent physical A Rank attack/Rin's gems do since one is A Rank while the other is not.

Is X (anything) => A Rank of their category? If yes, you can beat GH. Otherwise get screwed.

Is X damage - B Rank attack damage > 0? If yes, you beat AoF otherwise get screwed.

Nah, it doesn't mean it was C Rank, it was obviously A Rank. It is more likely that it was simply an outlier.

Or again, weaker than its rank should indicate. Antares Snipe is a case of a High Rank NP that is explicitly much weaker than its rank would indicate, so Chiron has to look ahead for weak points he can exploit. If he finds none and the Servant is very powerful, he might decide it is not even worth shooting it.

Caladbolg getting whacked by Herc only indicates that Herc can match such attacks. Nothing more or less. Evaluate how much Caldbolg can do and do possible scaling.

The problem is that it would put us in the conundrum of NPs being superior to normal attacks then an NP with a high rank gets destroyed by an attack just a tiny bit higher in rank. Not to mention Herk not getting hurt by his own strikes so his Dura should scale, but then he gets one shot by another A Rank NP, Hector's Durandina.

The best feat Caladbolg has is destroying Caster's shield comparable to Berserk's skin, but that was by the space corkscrew it makes, which would be dura negging hax.

Welcome Home Skadi
Screenshot 2019-11-15-18-47-39-910 com.aniplex.fategrandorder
Also did i just whitnessed a fking Supernova? I saw a big orange star in the sky and then a few second later its vanish without trace, im sure that is not a plane since its not move at all.

Can you max her skill? I cant go beyond 8 at this point....

this dust problem I have.....
78202034 470725340229947 8993739686228787200 n
for the free 4* I choose Lancer Arturia Alter, but I also encounter feather problem......

It's both bronze and silver mats......

All the new servant that we are getting recently are really good that's why I always use them.

Isnt she one one of the strongest character in PMMM? And Fate is fodder for 2-A. In top 5 strongest, before the upgrade of blazblue they were the 5th.

Fate isn't really fodder for 2-A. Maybe not in the strongest 5, but still pretty strong. The main problem is that many Fate characters lack top tier hax abilities, but you still have BB who makes up for that.

John985 said:
Can you max her skill? I cant go beyond 8 at this point....
You know Merlin, waver and Tamamo take all that Caster piece and now im struggle to get that piece im not max level her skill yet, i Going to farming tomorrow, also i pick Lakshmi since i don't get her in LB 4.

Nah, AoC is an utter fodder compared to the other PMMM God Tier. Baseline AP and has little survibility.

Even it was agreed Kama stomped the damn thing.

GLHF22 said:
You know Merlin, waver and Tamamo take all that Caster piece and now im struggle to get that piece im not max level her skill yet, i Going to farming tomorrow, also i pick Lakshmi since i don't get her in LB 4.
Yeah kinda low on Caster monument as well both silver and gold. Also dont have Lakshmi, but she's not story locked so I didnt choose her.

So it's true huh like Shiro said that Kama mostlikely can incon Blazblue character because of her physiology.

And I remember AoC wasnt erase by Madoka right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/dwracc/preinformation_and_speculations_of_lostbelt/

• Altera's origin and her Photon Ray are based on Getter Rays.
  • BB Summer's third form's animations are based on Shin Getter Robo from Getter Robo Armageddon and Super Robot Wars.
  • Tamamo Cat boss fight in Musashi's Trial Quest, three cats are named after Getter Robo's original machine jets: Eagle Unit, Jaguar Unit, and Bear Unit.
  • Space Ishtar's transition animation of her transformation and summons her own "Getter Emperor" are based on Getter Robo manga and Final scene of "Shine Spark" from Armageddon.

Bring that to FGO wiki, ASAP!!

Seeing that massive of Getter Robo reference make me realize our Getter Robo pages are pathetic *cries in the corner*

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Fate isn't really fodder for 2-A. Maybe not in the strongest 5, but still pretty strong. The main problem is that many Fate characters lack top tier hax abilities, but you still have BB who makes up for that.
Just you wait, till the day Nasuverse got the Type 2 Conceptual Manip and some infinities above baseline on them

Neither do I.

But from what I see, those are concepts that functions above reality, and even if all objects in the reality that corresponded to the concept are gone, the concept is still there (Like say, in a level of reality, there are no... um... distance. But there still possess the concept of distance, and somebody controlled it, giving the reality distance. And BAM!)

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
I still don't understand Type 2 concepts very well....
If you wanna get down to it, the main way to tell the difference is that if you destroyed every single thing that the concept exists in, then the concept would stop existing, that is type 3, but if you destroy every object the concept exists in and the concept still exists out there in the either, then its type 2

After re-reading description of type 3 conceptual manipulation I wonder why we gave that to Fate, because in my opinion it doesn't sound at all what certain characters in Fate do. Type 2 sound more likely and actually sounds like proper conceptual manipulation.

What about objects that can exist even without their concepts? For example, Ea is a "sword", but existed before the concept of sword was invented and thus would exist even if said concept disappeared. Is that like type 2 conceptual armament or something?

I think when we had some kind of BB abilities revision we agreed on type 3 conceptual manipulation and not type 2 just to be safe.

I miss the days when conceptual manipulation was just conceptual manipulation.

It's because back then, we decide it purely by thinking if the object corresponding to the concept doesn't exist, will the concept still exist or not.

But then, BB literally gave a world with no time nor distance the very thing it lacked. So I'm not sure if we can just think it like that.

Diinou HotHead said:
But then, BB literally gave a world with no time nor distance the very thing it lacked. So I'm not sure if we can just think it like that.
Still sounds like type 3 to me.

No Nasu concepts follow the usual typing. They all come from the swirl of the root, which is transcendent of reality, but they exit from it and enter The World, but at the same time none of them intersect with all of reality. However, they can also be invented, so they are neither types 1, 2, 3, or 4

What proof is there that they come from the swirly roll???

Btw BB took time and distance out of all imaginary number space

ALRIGHT!!!!! I GOT EVERYTHING I NEED FOR A COSMOLOGY DISCUSSION THREAD!!!!!

everything is already uploaded but because of a bad work week i require rest before posting.. Sorry guys... if i feel mentally ready enough i could post in a few hourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back