• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 10

Rolls4Dayz

THREE. QUARTZ.

That's it. I'm done. If I never show up again, it's probably because I ended up dying in some freak accident considering how far my luck has probably reached into the negatives.

@Repp

On the topic of Strange Fake, though. I am really curious how the whole "True Lancer" thing will actually play out. Considering we have a cyborg priest, a magical police force, and a Jack the Ripper that honestly belongs in SMT, I wouldn't be surprised with anything Narita pulls out at this point.

@Solacis

Congrats, man! Now you're only problem is leveling her up before the event ends.

Damn son. I see a lot of gold servants lately, and even my little brother who's half my level got Arjuna, Raikou and Fran. Meanwhile, I got Fuuma "Evil Wind" Koutarou and a bunch of thrash CEs.

@Gemmy

You'll get your 5-Stars eventually. I remember slamming quartz for Jack and Waver and still didn't get them. It's just a matter of time.

Remember to go after the Servants you want, not just for gameplay value, since even low rarity Servants can cheese their way through certain events.

Is it a good time to summon on the "Saint Quarts Summon (Limited Time): The Great Tale of Demons: Onigashima Pickup Summon" or the normal "Saint Quartz Summon (Story)

I got 41 Saint Quartz and 3 Summon Tickets

Guys, is it true that Oryuu (Sakamoto Ryoma's dragon waifu) is an EX-rank autonomous anti-army noble phantasm? And that Ryoma is called upon by the counter force despite not being a counter guardian like Okita Alter?

Also, Okita could've killed Okita Alter in their first and only battle?

Yeah, though IIRC from what i read Okita Alter was nerfed to hell and back when they fought, to the point where her Story Support is Level 1.

Besides that everything's right.

Hey guys, do you think Child Gil's description of Enuma Elish could warrant Void Manipulation?

Enuma Elish: The Star of Creation that Split Heaven and Earth: Ea's function as a Noble Phantasm, its maximum output as an EX-ranked Anti-World Noble Phantasm. The separate sections of Ea rotates faster and faster, as the air around it gets twisted and compressed until it exceeds the laws of physics, creating a quasi-fault in time as it starts cutting space. Once fired, it creates a dislocation of space-time, the resulting Void that emerges from the ruptured space, rends space even further to destroy anything in Gilgamesh's sight at once, ripping apart the World to show the dawn of creation and the "Truth". It is similar in this way to Slash Emperor, a Knight Arm capable of destroying Type Jupiter in a single blow. As an Anti-World Noble Phantasm, it is well-suited to the destruction of Reality Marbles, in a manner that Gilgamesh describes as revealing the reality behind a dream. When used at his full power in Fate/strange fake, the dislocation in space-time and the Void that emerged from it ruptured the World and was going to destroy the planet itself.

Also Apparently Gil has the holy grail and Mystic Codes in his treasury. Is this relevant at all? More specifically the Grail since y'know.. clump of magic that connects to Akasha and grants a wish.

Someone possessing a Mystic Code is inherently not that special/impressive. It's literally just a tool that helps a magus doing magus things. Most magus worth their salt have it. You can go to your closet and pick a random broom, enchant it (or not if you want to) and if it somehow helps you doing magical things in any way, it counts as Mystic Code

Gil possesses at least one artifact that generates magical energy equivalent to the Holy Grail that he knows about in his vault, IIRC he uses it in F/GO. Don't remember the exact details on whether the artifact in his vault is just a prana font, a wish granter, a combination of the two, or something that has different clause. But as far as i can remember it, it was definitely a prana font at the very least

Well according to the type moon Wikia and Gil himself it's THE holy Grail.

So what're you're thoughts on the last thing? The void stuff

The wikia is the last place i would use as a source for citation. And i don't really care in particular as i don't really know what constitute and/or not as void manipulation so ask someone else about that

Apparently it rips open space-time to create a void that further rips apart space time.

Seems pretty clear cut Void Manipulation to me

Also, can we give resistance to power mimicry to all the Divine Construct pages like Ea and Excalibur?

From Nasu FAQ

Q: What is the limit of replication in UBW? The highest level of NP (sword types) is probably Ea, but while it might be impossible for Shirou, could Archer make it? Also, under the meaning of weapons, to what extent can he make modern weapons? Must it be only blade types or can he make guns and mobile weapons?

A: Divine constructs like Ea and Excalibur are non-replicable. There might be some degraded NPs with similar performance in stock though. Also, since sword is becoming his origin, the weapons that he has stored are fundamentally limited to close combat.

Fabtastic Glasses said:
The wikia is the last place i would use as a source for citation. And i don't really care in particular as i don't really know what constitute and/or not as void manipulation so ask someone else about that
Gil himself states though that the Grail is his. If we take the GoB paradox into account the Grail used in the 4th war is what I'm talking about. As according to Gil himself: "It is something that should be in my possession to start with. All the treasures in the world originate from my collection. However, because much time passed, it disappeared from my treasury. But I am still its owner. The total amount of my wealth even exceeded my knowing, but as long as it's a 'treasure' then it'd obviously belong to me. You should have more sense then trying to rob my treasure away." —Gilgamesh, Fourth Holy Grail War

Monarch Laciel said:
Apparently it rips open space-time to create a void that further rips apart space time.

Seems pretty clear cut Void Manipulation to me
I think that every Enume Elish description has either the words "nothingness" or "Void" accompanying it. So I would agree. And Ea's rotation in Strange Fake cracked reality and Void was coming out.

It devours space-time and so nothingness is left in its place. The more Ea devours the more the void spreads. Here's another interesting bit of text

When Gilgamesh decides to use the full strength of Ea against Enkidu in Fate/Strange Fake, the World itself is sucked into the Void created by the sword, and it begins tearing apart; Enkidu's own Enuma Elish, however, was able to hold the World together.

EDIT: just to support what Swag said above

GoB's paradoxical nature of retroactively adding more NPs into his vault came from Gil having the prototypes of all NPs because his legend is what those of other heroes are derived from = he is the original owner of all of their legends (NPs). You don't get to apply a clause A intended for X to Y unless it's specifically noted to be the case, the paradox part was mainly NP addition

What's definite is that he do has an artifact that functions as a prana font equivalent to a Holy Grail that he knows about in the HGW. But unless there's an explicit mention of it being a holy grail/holy grail being a NP, assuming that what he has in his vault is the exact same thing would be faulty

You sure?

Because I'm pretty sure it's the having all of humanity's treasures that disqualify him from having Divine Construct NPs

Him having humanity stuff came from him hoarding stuff that he somehow also stuff human's ingenuity into his vaults. Which come from Collector entry

Him having the prototype of all NPs came from him being the first and original hero and thus all heroes and legends are in a way or another, an imitation of him. Which come from King of Heroes entry

I mean Gil outright states the Grail is his so idk how that isn't definite. The point I was trying to get across is because of the paradox the Grail should be within the GoB

Just to clarify, Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon has two clauses that are explicitly separate.

Clause 1: Gilgamesh owns all the originals of all Noble Phantasms that come after his era, unless said Noble Phantasms were explicitly made originally for a specific a person.

Clause 2: Gilgamesh retroactively owns all the prototypes of every intellectual property of humanity, including modern items such as hot springs, board games, submarines and nuclear bombs.

Clause 2 is self-explanatory.

Clause 1 means that, since Gilgamesh collected all the treasures in the world, this includes magical weapons and items, taken from both divinities and mankind. After Gilgamesh's death, people looted his vault and took these magical weapons and items with them. Over time, these items and weapons are lost, then found, used, named and renamed much later on by potential heroes, and become Noble Phantasms; and the same happens to those forged later in ther likeness.

As a result, the only NPs that Gilgamesh does not own are those made after his time, both physically and conceptually, or those made before his time. These are Noble Phantasms like Vasavi Shakti and Excalibur.

Back