• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys how was Naruto reacting to the Mach 10,000 moon cutter, disproven?

If it was never disproven can we add sub-rel reactions to base Naruto

Can you post a link of this Mach 10k mooncutter? I don't see it in Naruto's profile or Toneri's.

Then there's the nature of the attack. Iirc, Naruto was able to see it coming the first time as he visibly flinched at how it extended but didn't dodge it as the light ate him whole. Afterwards, he jumped out of the giant cut on the moon with shadow clones.

The second time, it extended towards him to which he replied with punching it backwards, but I can't remember the exact happenings.

Can you post a link of that as well? The video of Naruto catching it I mean.

I forgot where the calc was but basically it states that for the attack to extend to the full length of the moon, in 1 second. it would have to extend at mach 10131.2, and Naruto in base reacted to that.

Do you remember if there were any calc group members present there to comment? If it was not accepted, then this post is moot. Else, it will have to be rechecked.

It looked like cinematic timing to me @2.29 considering how fast Kurama and the golem were moving relative to the beam.

Okay. So should we close this thread?

A proper explanation of why we don't use this feat is needed. Dodging an attack that comes to you at Mach 10,000+ does not automatically guarantee that his/her speed is the same speed as the attack, however.

It mostly depends on the distance the incoming attack was away from when he/she dodged it.

@Lina Shields From what I remember, this is the reason for why this feat did not give an upgrade the last time that we discussed it long ago.

4. Cinematic time should not be used if the time-frame the event of interest happens in occurs during a time-frame that is suggested to be sped up in any way and a cut is involved.
This would be the rule that would best explain why we do not consider the Moon cutting feat as valid. As for why this is so, the list of scene cuts/changes will be listed in the feat.

1. At 2:29 to 2:30, there is a change in scene/cut at 2:30.
  2. At 2:31 to 2:33, there is a change in scene/cut at 2:33.
  3. At 2:33 to 2:35, there is a change in scene/cut at 2:35.
  4. At 2:35 to 2:38, there is a change in scene/cut at 2:38.
  5. At 2:38 to 2:41, the scene finishes with the Moon being cut.
So all those scene changes would mean that we are not directly shown how the entirety of the Moon was cut, thus we can't really find the exact timeframe for said feat.

Not sure if this reasoning is solid though, as doing a circular cut all the way around the Moon still provides me with Massively Hypersonic+ results in speed.

So a Mach 10131.2 attack with high balled 50m apart, and Naruto raised his hand faster than it reached him

Since Naruto never actually dodged Toneri's sword being extended, we cannot use that feat to scale Naruto's speed, although stating that the rest of Toneri's attacks can move as fast as the extension of his sword is highly debatable.

It also needs to be mentioned that the sword itself extends to a certain height, and the sword is shown to be cut off, as shown here.

Lina Shields said:
1 Since Naruto never actually dodged Toneri's sword being extended, we cannot use that feat to scale Naruto's speed,
2 It also needs to be mentioned that the sword itself extends to a certain height, and the sword is shown to be cut off
https://youtu.be/L_froltUZ4c?t=414

from 6:54 naruto block 2nd Attack while moving forward

if its not = moon size then

how is that even possible for Toneri to split the moon

First of all he did not dodge it, he tanked it, second of all I am talking about the second time when it was shot directly at Naruto

He reacted to it while it was extending at Mach 10131.2 towards him, and before it reached him he raised his hand which was down when the attack started extending so he reacted physically in base to a mach 10131.2 attack

Actually im gonna ask, are we really sure he didnt dodge it?

If he was hit by it Naruto wouldnt have had the chance to quickly make so many clones as a counter attack right after Toneri launched the attack.

That is off topic if you watch the movie scene the second time toneri launches it is what I am talking about

@Utenok I have no idea what you are saying and all I read that is relevant in your comment is speed and 10K, what is your input?

This topic is against the rules and has been discussed previously numerous times.

Do not attempt to upgrade Naruto to sub-relativistic speed, especially based on feats from Naruto, The Last. This is an extremely exhausted topic that has been repeatedly addressed and denied on the basis of abuse of cimematic timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back