• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's lightspeed statements and their consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Causality said:
If an attack is stated to move at the speed of light, why it need light properties? an attack which isn't light and move at lightspeed doesn't need light properties, it isn't stated to being light, it's stated to move at this speed.
This. Issen has nothing to do with the standard

Alright, fair point.

But if we're going to pretend that it is a 'beam of light' just because the technique name is translated to that then I think we need something to support it not just being a fancy name for the technique.

TataHakai said:
Only Mifune's attacks are stated to be LS and stated to be beams of light
I disagree. Issen itself was stated to be lightspeed, not only Mifune's attack.

I mean, it looks like a beam of light and it's stated to be a beam of light

Hell the techniques name translates to "Flash" (As in flash of light)

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
TataHakai said:
It's the same technique. You said here it's a beam of light so what properites of light does it showcase?
Dude, forget this light properites. Issen is not a light or a beam of light. It is a normal attack with lightspeed statement.

Damage3245 said:
*The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
At best that is one out of the list, and it could just be a fancy technique name rather than a literal statement of being a beam of light.

Especially since all they seem to do is coat their blade with chakra and then throw it at an enemy by slashing their swords.
They are stated to move their sword at the speed of light in the databook. Or more specifically mifune is:

Speed of light sword slash flies and assails the enemy! A single blow from the sword techniques of mifune's meitou (legendary sword) Kurosawa comply with this

The same technique can have vastly different ranges of speed and power depending on the user. Unless you want to tell me that a fireball from Part 1 Sasuke would beat a fireball from Hebi Sasuke

> I mean, it looks like a beam of light and it's stated to be a beam of light

It's just a blade made of chakra that they coat their swords with (and can send out at range). There's nothing indicating it is made of light.

Damage3245 said:
It's just a blade made of chakra that they coat their swords with (and can send out at range). There's nothing indicating it is made of light.
That does not matter as the transaltion above says that it is at speed of light slash.

TataHakai said:
It's the same technique. You said here it's a beam of light so what properites of light does it showcase?
The only one i'm aware of is that it moves in a straight line

But it being stated to be lightspeed is at times all that's needed to be accepted

Damage3245 said:
This. This is correct. As I said multiple times, Issen has nothing to do with the standards. It has a lightspeed statement, this is enough

Damage3245 said:

Damn dude the dB literally states that we're right. Your putting head canon onto your arguments now

Guys, let's drop this please. Issen is stated to be lightspeed, thats all we need.

I am just asking, if you still want to talk about this, talk. I've pointed out why Issen should not be judged using light and laser standard

You can't tell us to drop this lol, it's part of the crt.

Huh so your telling us to make threads go in a circle by using debunked arguments??

Really bro your making yourself look bad no offense

We really need to change the way arguments and debating is set up. I'm pretty sure if something has been debunked u shouldn't use it again when it can make a thread go in circles

Alright. So, how much % of LS should Ay and Bee be? I'd say 60% of LS, but it would depend of Sasuke reacting to Issen too. I don't see Ay being % of LS lower than Sasuke's feat when Ay can blitz him

I don't think we can use 3 ends, we should choose one. The average (75) seems good

I agree with an average. Sasuke can casually Lee up with Mifune. Near light speed raikage almsot blitzed the hell out of Sasuke with MS. I agree with M3X; Raikage should atleast be around 75 percent the speed of light since he is faster than Sasuke who was hardly healed before encountering Mifune

Some of the arguments in the OP are dependant on Hebi Sasuke being Sub-Rel - when that hasn't been accepted and put onto the profiles.

Until that is accepted, it shouldn't be used to support the points in the OP. It's misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back