• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's lightspeed statements and their consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an obvious difference between a low tier being LS at chapter 30 and a High/Top tier being Relativistic at chapter 500

The fact that Kishi put light speed in later all the way down the line means that the speed later down the line is taken to be serious compared to the hyperbole around Haku

Both Tsunade and A had the aura of the technique covering them as they attacked. The teleportation doesn't just stop in front of something, it needs to land as shown when Mabui first used it.

277C8442-9F48-43F3-AED5-FACB2EA86F9D
95804E59-7A61-42D6-82B3-0ED1A7C3DB41

Im staying 100% neutral here but I will say just one thing.

The counter-arguments for disagreeing with this are just downright lazy and argubly hypocritical.

EDIT: Also, IIRC, databook entries are accepted from a verse here as long as it doesnt contradict the source material.

> Both Tsunade and A had the aura of the technique covering them as they attacked. The teleportation doesn't just stop in front of something, it needs to land as shown when Mabui first used it.

All that looks to me is that the sealing treasure still has the aura around it even after it stopped moving at lightspeed.

So Tsunade and A having the aura around them as they attacked Madara and Mu doesn't mean that they were still moving at lightspeed when they attacked.

Damage3245 said:
> Both Tsunade and A had the aura of the technique covering them as they attacked. The teleportation doesn't just stop in front of something, it needs to land as shown when Mabui first used it.
All that looks to me is that the sealing treasure still has the aura around it even after it stopped moving at lightspeed.

So Tsunade and A having the aura around them as they attacked Madara and Mu doesn't mean that they were still moving at lightspeed when they attacked.
Because it hit something. That is why it stop moving A and Tsunade hit Madara and Mu thus they stopped as well. But before they did so, Madara and Mu reacted twice, first before they hit them and then moved their hands as they were about to.

The light is the transmission in other words what gives them light speed movement

Tsuande and Ay were still in mid transmission before touching the ground. Which means they were still moving at light speed

The light also seems to disappear at the point of contact after a few seconds which might suppport Jvando's point of moving SOL until contact

It have, and it is hype text. Hyperbole argument was already debunked

The water bullet has another translation that says it's lightning speed if i recall correctly, i'm not sure about that one

You would need a pretty nifty assumption to say that they stopped in from to Madara and Mu then attacked them because if that was the case, then mu would not have been knocked back so easily. Also, the treasure clearly isn't moving at LS because it has landed while in the two panels we see Tsunade and A traveling under the effects of the technique, they were quite clearly traveling with its full effect.

Also, the anime supports my rendition of events and since it doesn't contradict the manga in this particular scenario, it is merely supporting evidence.

18E9DAFA-44D4-4B8E-9FC0-B7B7E5D00B89
2B52129E-7574-4871-BB13-DEA85EDE6F6B

> You would need a pretty nifty assumption to say that they stopped in from to Madara and Mu then attacked them because if that was the case, then mu would not have been knocked back so easily.

What makes you say that? Why couldn't it just be that the Raikage attacked faster than Mu could react?

Giving credit where credit is due, I believe the Water Bullet one was only said in the hype text, not in the description iself. If it was outside the hype text, then yeah, I'd be inclined to agree to an extent.

Also in that blog one of those feats is already accepted as light speed on this site

Three of them are definitely light speed becaus of the fact that they aren't hype text

Issen was said to be light speed twice actually in the data book

M3X said:
Prove it then
... Is there something unreasonable about the idea that Mu (Kabuto) can't react to the Raikage's attacks?

Jvando was the one who asserted that that Mu (Kabuto) could have reacted to it.

I think Mabui's teleport itself being lightspeed is fine and non-controversial. It is a teleport technique, afterall. Everything else, though...

we called them hyperbole then because some of them used obvious hype text, but for the ones that are not we accept as not hyperbole. Honestly the fact we called them hyperbole with so many statement was wrong in itself.

AstralKing7 said:
Also in that blog one of those feats is already accepted as light speed on this site
Three of them are definitely light speed becaus of the fact that they aren't hype text

Issen was said to be light speed twice actually in the data book
Light fang was the only one that even had a slither of evidence outside of statement, and the only one that had ever been taken seriously.

@Sigurd

The scan: https://imgur.com/YIoZ4Sz

"A água cria uma bala que viaja na velocidade da luz e atinge um ponto cego para abrir um buraco no inimigo!"

"The water creates a bullet that travels at the speed of light and reaches a blind spot to open a hole in the enemy!"

Velocidade da luz = Speed of Light

The bold text, wich is the hype text

Mifunesa
Here's the other translation for the water bullets i was talking about, so yeah LS might be a mistranslation on that account

The others weren't even known about because I literally asked the knowledgeable members a couple of months about Issen and they didn't even know about it's light speed statements

So ofc there want any previous discussion and your argument about it not being taken serious holds no weight man

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Light fang was the only one that even had a slither of evidence outside of statement, and the only one that had ever been taken seriously.
which is clearly wrong with everything said.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
At best that is one out of the list, and it could just be a fancy technique name rather than a literal statement of being a beam of light.

Especially since all they seem to do is coat their blade with chakra and then throw it at an enemy by slashing their swords.

Again, we don't need the standard. Issen is just an attack with a light speed statement.

And how do we know that is reliable? Again, it could just be a fancy technique name.

Neutral about the whole thing but i want to say something in general:

If an attack is stated to move at the speed of light, why it need light properties? an attack which isn't light and move at lightspeed doesn't need light properties, it isn't stated to being light, it's stated to move at this speed.

I've saw this argument many time before and he is pretty false.

Damage my boy, the Issen is directly stated to be lightspeed. The standard is for light and lasers attack, Issen is just a normal attack. As you said, a fancy name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back