• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The thing you showed zoro wasn't even using it, and just because he has doesn't mean he's good at it, and genjutsu affects your brain so its debatble as to wether or not he would even be able to move his physicall body instead of his astral body that would be inside of the genjutsu.
Zoro doesn't need his brain... Observation haki is a sixth sense meaning you can still do things even if the other 5 senses are gone or manipulated
15.png
16.png

Literally fighting with no head

Dude zoro wouldn't be able to move his body, you see people who can fight unconsious in naruto get affected by genjutsu and they are not able to move their body. He would be moving the body inside the genjutsu like pain was but not his real body.

And again there are different levels to observation haki so regardless you have to assume he's Advance to fight againts naruto when under a genjutsu. And i dont see how that would help him againts a rasenshuriken.

Naruto takes this No-High dif all dependant on when the genjutsu is used (And it is in character for them to use it as in BOTH fights they used it so you cant argue againts it).

Zoro can read the toads and interrupt them before they try to make the genjutsu that takes awhile to make...

He wouldn't know to do
Yes he would because he can read their intent and emotion and even know the future...

Here's a translation by me of what observation haki can do from the databook
Anticipate the enemy's movements! Read your opponent's mind and sense his next move! This ability can help you avoid enemy attacks. This ability can be applied in a variety of situations, such as avoiding an enemy's attack, or anticipating their movements and hitting them with an attack.

Grasping the surrounding situation! Use your supremacy ability in all directions.
The number of fierce beasts can be directed to grasp the number and location of creatures around you that you cannot see.
You can see the number and location of creatures around you that you cannot see. With increased skill and accuracy, you can even see how powerful your opponent is.

foresight

The higher the user's ability, the greater the range of colors that can be used!

It is a supreme power that sharpens the five senses and perceives signs! This is the supremacy that allows you to sense the presence of living things around you, as well as their emotional movements. Not only in battle, but also in danger.
It is effective not only in battle, but also in foreseeing and avoiding dangers and hazards!
Can literally read the opponents mind

Dude zoro wouldn't be able to move his body, you see people who can fight unconsious in naruto get affected by genjutsu and they are not able to move their body. He would be moving the body inside the genjutsu like pain was but not his real body.

And again there are different levels to observation haki so regardless you have to assume he's Advance to fight againts naruto when under a genjutsu. And i dont see how that would help him againts a rasenshuriken.

Naruto takes this No-High dif all dependant on when the genjutsu is used (And it is in character for them to use it as in BOTH fights they used it so you cant argue againts it).
Then let's assume that zoro can't move under that genjutsu, in jiraiya's case they didn't use it at the beginning, then when they fought pain the second time they immedietly did it because they knew pain are no jokes. Then we assume that both of this party didn't have prior knowledge to each other then the genjutsu will probably being hold off because they didn't know who their opponent is. It is when they are backed to the corner when they will began using their genjutsu but zoro will probably realize why they suddenly producing sounds like that, gets suspicious and then proceeds to take them out

Then let's assume that zoro can't move under that genjutsu, the jiraiya's case they didn't use it at the beginning, then when they fought pain the second tine they dis it because they are no jokes. Then we assume that both of this party didn't have prior knowledge to each other then the genjutsu will probably being hold off becausw they didn't know who their opponent is. It is when they are backed to the corner when they will began using their genjutsu but zoro will probably realize why they suddenly producing sounds like that, gets suspicious and then proceeds to take them out
Yes okay but your acting like they wouldn't gage his strength throughout the battle. Naruto can literally summon toads just as phystically strong if not stronger than him. If zoro beats them what make you think they wont use the genjutsu. HELL in the fight againts pain the started to use it one the giant toads lost. They are mounted on naruto's shoulders so to take them out he HAS to get past naruto who is stronger than him.

And i wouldn't be surpirised if they used it as soon as one toad was taken out, pain was able to all three toads out at once, granted they were fatigued from fighting pains summons.

The elder toads think of the giant ones as family so they would use it as soon as one is taken out

Yes okay but your acting like they wouldn't gage his strength throughout the battle. Naruto can literally summon toads just as phystically strong if not stronger than him. If zoro beats them what make you think they wont use the genjutsu. HELL in the fight againts pain the started to use it one the giant toads lost. They are mounted on naruto's shoulders so to take them out he HAS to get passed naruto who is stronger than him.

And i wouldn't be surpirised if they used it as soon as one toad was taken out, pain was able to all three toads out at once, granted they were fatigued from fighting pains summons.
First of all, naruto will probably throw rasenshuriken at him only to find out that he can cut it in half, then naruto start to get serious and proceed to commence battle plan with the toads. The toads maybe strong but i doubt they are as strong as the dragon at punk hazard that got no sold by zoro so we can assume that zoro will take the three toads down pretty easily. Then came the preparation for genjutsu as they know that this fellow is probably stronger than they had previously thought, start preparation, zoro get suspicious as they didn't do it before, knew what they doing is bad and try to eliminate the ma and pa frogs leaving naruto to fend alone against zoro which will be hard to do because zoro can no diff his rasenshuriken and he's more skill, and when he eliminate the ma and pa frogs then it will be gg for zoro

First of all, naruto will probably throw rasenshuriken at him only to find out that he can cut it in half, then naruto start to get serious and proceed to commence battle plan with the toads. The toads maybe strong but i doubt they are as strong as the dragon at punk hazard that got no sold by zoro so we can assume that zoro will take the three toads down pretty easily. Then came the preparation for genjutsu as they know that this fellow is probably stronger than they had previously thought, start preparation, zoro get suspicious as they didn't do it before, knew what they doing is bad and try to eliminate the ma and pa frogs leaving naruto to fend alone against zoro which will be hard to do because zoro can no diff his rasenshuriken and he's more skill, and when he eliminate the ma and pa frogs then it will be gg for zoro
The toads are stronger than naruto who is stronger than zoro, all toads are weapon experts and can move just as fat as naruto. Also the strongest toad is 6-C is restricted. So only 2 toads.

I doubt zoro is no selling them and unless he can take both out in one attack ma and pa should have more than enough time to use the genjutsu

The toads are stronger than naruto who is stronger than zoro, all toads are weapon experts and can move just as fat as naruto. Also the strongest toad is 6-C is restricted. So only 2 toads.

I doubt zoro is no selling them and unless he can take both out in one attack ma and pa should have more than enough time to use the genjutsu
Hmm, he may not take them down easily but he can occupy them with tatsumaki that's basically danmaku, plus i doubt the toads are stronger than sage mode naruto just saying

They literally are, they scale below gamabunta who i think is baseline 6-C or sum
Scale below gamabunta means nothing as gamabunta himself is restricted. They can have 7-A for all I know. Plus like i said, zoro can occupy the toads with danmaku aka tatsumaki and proceed to fight naruto

Oops, forgot to mention that when zoro sees naruto's rasenshuriken then he knows that he can't mess around either so zoro will use busoshoku haki to make black blades that's basically stronger than your typical blades

Tbh, i think the reason gamabunta got 6-C is because he score a tie with shukaku which is awesome but the reason that he can acore a tie is because shukaku is as bih as he is, but zoro's not and he can dish out some nasty attacks

If the toads are indeed as strong as you said, then zoro knew he's outnumbered and tried to occupy the big one with some large scale attacks like tatsumaki danmaku then proceed to attack the ma and pa and naruto trio

Yo even if he cuts it it will still expand, and it would be even worse as the only way out in that situation is to jump, if he does that he will have no mobility and will get swatted by the giant frogs.

Unless his sword absorbs it his only chance is to dodge.

I mean he can cut other's buso haki if his haki is greater plus the preparation for rasenshuriken is pretty obvious so he'll knew that that thing is a bad so he'll try to avoid it the best he can

plus the reason naruto expand his rasenshuriken is becauae he's fighting pain and as you know pain is in group so it is beneficial to expand the rasenshuriken when they least expects it

It is not as many as you think honestly, most projectile based attack can be read by kenbun haki and zoro is more skilled close range and he got some nasty danmaku plus shishi sonson that's basically able to cut through dragon scale like butter

And we haven't gone to the fact that zoro MAY BE able to move when he's under genjutsu because of his kenbun haki

Zoro's only wincon is what, cutting naruto's head off?

Yeah rashenshuriken or Genjutsu is far more likely to happen.
Look man, zoro has many wincon as much as naruto's but zoro's wincon is very likely to happen as not only he can do large scale attacks to disorient the toads he also got shishi sonson an iaido based attack that is faster than the eye can see and can cut through things easily

Not enough evidence to say he can so he cant.
There is enough evidence... He counters the genjutsu via observation haki
Zoro's only wincon is what, cutting naruto's head off?

Yeah rashenshuriken or Genjutsu is far more likely to happen.
You are clearly being baised and not listening to the opposing argument... Don't think arguing with you will change anything.

interesting note: zoro has supernatural willpower so he may be able to move from the genjutsu just from sheer willpower alone

Question, I don't remember this properly but from how the series portrays it, the actual future sight only comes with Advanced Haki Users, what they have beforehand at least isn't as clear. That's why with Katekuri and Luffy, we're directly shown Katukuri having the visions with Luffy later getting the same ones. What Zoro actually is doing is more a reading of intent than actually seeing into the future, hence why even now he's never shown having any visions in his fights.

Back