• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anything more specific 😭
I presume if he ever mastered it, it'd be Hokage Minato.

Well, I reckon he would not have died against Kurama, because he would have slaughtered Obito in a 1v1, and then him and presumably Kushina might have lived.

If he still died, and Obito somehow escaped without having his identity revealed, his Edo form could have Kurama gather Sage Chakra for him, I think. Minato's clone would possibly beat Obito just before he could seal the Ten-Tails within himself, and even if he couldn't, Minato himself could probably set up a Shadow Clone to help stall him for a little bit while he got everyone out of the way.

Now, the clone would get dropped pretty fast tbh, but Minato is ready. He can beat his ass. He has Senjutsu. There's a chance he gets to him before he can master the Ten-Tails' power. If so, he could do some actual damage. Even if he doesn't, he can probably get away without losing an arm. Even if he doesn't, there's a chance he can do serious damage to Obito. EVEN IF HE DOESN'T, his combo Rasengan with Naruto might put Obito down.

EVEN IF IT DOESN'T, Minato's chakra levels would likely be depleted significantly less. EVEN IF THEY AREN'T, there's a chance he can stop Black Zetsu from taking over Obito's body.

EVEN IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN... well, to be honest, there's not much he can do from then out, since he used Sage Mode on Juubidara anyway.

I presume if he ever mastered it, it'd be Hokage Minato.

Well, I reckon he would not have died against Kurama, because he would have slaughtered Obito in a 1v1, and then him and presumably Kushina might have lived.

If he still died, and Obito somehow escaped without having his identity revealed, his Edo form could have Kurama gather Sage Chakra for him, I think. Minato's clone would possibly beat Obito just before he could seal the Ten-Tails within himself, and even if he couldn't, Minato himself could probably set up a Shadow Clone to help stall him for a little bit while he got everyone out of the way.

Now, the clone would get dropped pretty fast tbh, but Minato is ready. He can beat his ass. He has Senjutsu. There's a chance he gets to him before he can master the Ten-Tails' power. If so, he could do some actual damage. Even if he doesn't, he can probably get away without losing an arm. Even if he doesn't, there's a chance he can do serious damage to Obito. EVEN IF HE DOESN'T, his combo Rasengan with Naruto might put Obito down.

EVEN IF IT DOESN'T, Minato's chakra levels would likely be depleted significantly less. EVEN IF THEY AREN'T, there's a chance he can stop Black Zetsu from taking over Obito's body.

EVEN IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN... well, to be honest, there's not much he can do from then out, since he used Sage Mode on Juubidara anyway.
Uh well I meant more in terms of tiering in the verse not impact of the story but cool (y) BSM Minato would've been pretty devastating tho yeah

Uh well I meant more in terms of tiering in the verse
Since you want a serious answer, he'd still just be vaguely "higher" into 6-C (or whatever the Bijū level tier would be at the time), since Sage Mode has no accepted multiplier and never will.
But since this is a complete hypothetical, obviously if he'd had better feats against people rated way higher, then that's where he'd scale. Like, if his Sage Rasengan had shattered the Perfect Susanoo or some crazy shit, then yeah lol.

Naruto might've been an exception cause he still had some of the other Bijū's chakra. Or maybe it's a retcon or a slight oversight on Kishimoto's part.
But at the time he was writing the Kushina stuff at least, the assumption was that she was going to die even if Kurama was resealed inside her.

It is also possible that Minato and Kushina simply didn't know that if Kurama was returned to her, she might survive. It's not like that sort of thing happened before, so maybe they were acting under false pretenses or incomplete information
Or it might be that way coz unlike every other jinjuriki of the 9 tals naruto was the only perfect one and as such it might have changed the whole dynamics. Also i always thought it was Obito use of his rinnengan that made Naruto not die

Or it might be that way coz unlike every other jinjuriki of the 9 tals naruto was the only perfect one and as such it might have changed the whole dynamics.
Who knows, maybe.
Also i always thought it was Obito use of his rinnengan that made Naruto not die
Nah, he just resealed Kurama inside him. It's not like he used Rinne Rebirth or anything.

If Black Zetsu had Obito target the Kages on the scene when he saved Madara with Rinne Rebirth, wouldn't that leave them vulnerable to IT and thus advance his plans further?

If Black Zetsu had Obito target the Kages on the scene when he saved Madara with Rinne Rebirth, wouldn't that leave them vulnerable to IT and thus advance his plans further?
The kages were pm irrelevant the moment IT happened. Outside of Hagoromo showing up that is
Plus having to face a full strength hashirama is not something that'll be beneficial to Madara/Zetsu
Imagine having to deal with hashirama on top of the 9 bijuus

Since you want a serious answer, he'd still just be vaguely "higher" into 6-C (or whatever the Bijū level tier would be at the time), since Sage Mode has no accepted multiplier and never will.
But since this is a complete hypothetical, obviously if he'd had better feats against people rated way higher, then that's where he'd scale. Like, if his Sage Rasengan had shattered the Perfect Susanoo or some crazy shit, then yeah lol.
By tiering in the verse I moreso mean inverse ranking in comparison to other characters, not really his numerical stats. Like if he was 15th strongest in Naruto in base, would be like 12th or 14th in Sage Mode or whatever.

So if the War Arc ended without Hagoromo having to intervene and Naruto never got any Six Paths Powers, is there ANY Kage or Kage level Ninja (Past or Present at that time) his base would have been strong enough to beat 1-on-1, with everything we know about him.

This means even taking into account even the fact he knows how to cloak his kunai and such in Wind Style and such. No SM, no Kyuubi Chakra.

By tiering in the verse I moreso mean inverse ranking in comparison to other characters, not really his numerical stats. Like if he was 15th strongest in Naruto in base, would be like 12th or 14th in Sage Mode or whatever.
If we Cap it at just EMS Madara and SM Hashirama, then he’s peer to them with SM. No nobody else has a chance.

Especially with we scale Minato’s Chakra Strength to 9 Tails V2 Kushina. SM Minato is likely packing up even BSM Naruto mid diff at most.

So if the War Arc ended without Hagoromo having to intervene and Naruto never got any Six Paths Powers, is there ANY Kage or Kage level Ninja (Past or Present at that time) his base would have been strong enough to beat 1-on-1, with everything we know about him.

This means even taking into account even the fact he knows how to cloak his kunai and such in Wind Style and such. No SM, no Kyuubi Chakra.
I think he's packing up BoS Gaara easily. Rasa, Yagura, the 3rd Kazekage, Mei, and the 3rd Raikage are debatable.
If we Cap it at just EMS Madara and SM Hashirama, then he’s peer to them with SM. No nobody else has a chance.

Especially with we scale Minato’s Chakra Strength to 9 Tails V2 Kushina. SM Minato is likely packing up even BSM Naruto mid diff at most.
Er...Idk about that one. KCM Minato rivals BSM Naruto, SM Minato is weaker. Also MKCM2 Naruto>Base Minato so BSM Naruto>SM Minato

Tbh I don't think a longer lasting Sage Mode would dramatically change his overall ranking, but imo it would just further solidify wherever I have his Sage Mode currently (which I'm not too sure about tbf).
So the fights I already had him winning, he'd win more confidently/comfortably. And the fights I had him losing or were maybe 50/50 situations, would just become a bit closer or skewed a bit more in his favor.
But obviously this is gonna vary from person to person depending on their personal scaling and what have you.

Tbh I don't think a longer lasting Sage Mode would dramatically change his overall ranking, but imo it would just further solidify wherever I have his Sage Mode currently (which I'm not too sure about tbf).
So the fights I already had him winning, he'd win more confidently/comfortably. And the fights I had him losing or were maybe 50/50 situations, would just become a bit closer or skewed a bit more in his favor.
But obviously this is gonna vary from person to person depending on their personal scaling and what have you.
His Sage Mode kinda seems to only last for one attack so it might actually make a big difference tbh

I think he's packing up BoS Gaara easily. Rasa, Yagura, the 3rd Kazekage, Mei, and the 3rd Raikage are debatable.
Interesting… 🤔 Well, Wouldn’t Rasa be weaker than BoShippuden Gaara?
Er...Idk about that one. KCM Minato rivals BSM Naruto, SM Minato is weaker. Also MKCM2 Naruto>Base Minato so BSM Naruto>SM Minato
Actually, that isn’t actually the case.
  1. BM Minato and BSM Naruto attacked Juubito once together in a combined Jutsu. There is no comp to be made here on if BM Minato = BSM Naruto based on this instance. If Minato is stronger, that doesn’t change the fact two could Combo together (They would’ve still had to because Naruto has Senjutsu, regardless if Minato was stronger).
  2. This goes back to one of the things I asked before and you responded to. Given the strength of Minato’s Chakra, if it is indeed accepted as being => V2 100% 9 Tails, would having Kurama’s Chakra be more of a boost for Naruto than Minato? It is more likely that Minato having Kurama is more “Addition” than a multiplier, as is the case for people like Kakashi, Naruto, Hinata, etc. And if this is the case, SM would actually offer Minato more of a boost than Kurama’s Chakra. Just like it can be argued SM offers BM Naruto more of a boost than simply gaining the other half of Kurama, which would be additive.
  3. There hasn’t been wide discussion on if, after the One Shot, BM Naruto is still > Minato. Of course if it isn’t accepted that Minato’s Chakra >= V2 100% 9 Tails, then yes, BM Naruto would be stronger. Last time I brought this up, it was leaning towards people thinking 100% V2 9 Tails is stronger than BM Naruto (Chakra vs Chakra).
  4. So it actually isn’t set in stone that BSM Naruto > SM Minato.

His Sage Mode kinda seems to only last for one attack so it might actually make a big difference tbh
In terms of how long he can fight in Sage Mode, yeah, absolutely.
But I meant that this wouldn't really change where I rank Minato as a character overall dramatically.

I guess I'll explain what I mean by that.
Say, if SM Minato vs Chojuro (just a random example, don't get triggered :ROFLMAO:) was some pitched battle and a 50/50 sort of affair. With a significantly longer lasting Sage Mode it'd sway things in favor of Minato for me. So he'd beat Chojuro more comfortably in my eyes. But it wouldn't magically make me say he beats Madara, for example.
That's kinda how I see it.

Interesting… 🤔 Well, Wouldn’t Rasa be weaker than BoShippuden Gaara?
Why?
Actually, that isn’t actually the case.
  1. BM Minato and BSM Naruto attacked Juubito once together in a combined Jutsu. There is no comp to be made here on if BM Minato = BSM Naruto based on this instance. If Minato is stronger, that doesn’t change the fact two could Combo together (They would’ve still had to because Naruto has Senjutsu, regardless if Minato was stronger).
If Minato was stronger, he could've just attacked himself after Naruto added senjutsu to his Rasengan, so Naruto wouldn't slow him down. They're also knocked back comparably by the Rasengan exploding. Calling Minato support for someone he's stronger than would also be odd.
  1. This goes back to one of the things I asked before and you responded to. Given the strength of Minato’s Chakra, if it is indeed accepted as being => V2 100% 9 Tails, would having Kurama’s Chakra be more of a boost for Naruto than Minato? It is more likely that Minato having Kurama is more “Addition” than a multiplier, as is the case for people like Kakashi, Naruto, Hinata, etc. And if this is the case, SM would actually offer Minato more of a boost than Kurama’s Chakra. Just like it can be argued SM offers BM Naruto more of a boost than simply gaining the other half of Kurama, which would be additive.
BM definitely isn't treated as an additive power. If it was, it would be legit useless for SPSM Naruto. But it (along with a little bit of chakra from the other Bijuu) boosted SPSM Naruto from being reacted to and blocked by Injured Pre-God Tree Juubidara to tangoing with Dual Rinnegan Juubidara.
  1. There hasn’t been wide discussion on if, after the One Shot, BM Naruto is still > Minato. Of course if it isn’t accepted that Minato’s Chakra >= V2 100% 9 Tails, then yes, BM Naruto would be stronger. Last time I brought this up, it was leaning towards people thinking 100% V2 9 Tails is stronger than BM Naruto (Chakra vs Chakra).
  2. So it actually isn’t set in stone that BSM Naruto > SM Minato.
I mean it's kinda just stated (I imagine you're gonna say that it's only about chakra transferring but that's just a specific example given to highlight it and the greater context is chakra; he literally says Minato and Kushina pale in comparison to him which isn't something one would say when he's only better in a very niche trait).

And the narrative is pretty clearly for KCM2 Naruto to rival or surpass Minato, since Kakashi mistakes Naruto's speed for Minato's (which is Minato's best trait) and it's intended to allow Naruto to defeat Obito, who's close to Minato. Naruto's rapidly growing back is also tied to his arc of catching up to Minato, so his back being indistinguishable from Minato's symbolically completes his arc of reaching that level.

Featwise it also doesn't make sense to have Minato above him since KCM2 Naruto could physically damage a stronger Obito than the one that took Minato's Rasengan.

The kages were pm irrelevant the moment IT happened. Outside of Hagoromo showing up that is
Plus having to face a full strength hashirama is not something that'll be beneficial to Madara/Zetsu
Imagine having to deal with hashirama on top of the 9 bijuus
I meant that they could use them as batteries.

Plus, without infinite stamina/chakra, and only being slightly stronger(like 5% at the max imo), and not having Edo regen, I don't think they're doing much.

Last edited:
Back