• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I always have such a weird idea of that fight, partly because I still haven't watched the anime/manga version fully and my only true exposure to it is th Storm 2 version in which Jiraiya takes out the animal path while half dead with a massive rasengan (which is maintained in Generations) and goes out with a bang while the canon one he barely takes it out with a sneak attack and then gets demolished by the other paths.

I love when the Storm Games take a canon fight and either heavily improves it or make it even more awesome than it already was

- Deidara vs Garra ( Storm 2 )

- Six Paths Naruto and Sauske vs Juubi Madara ( Storm 4 )

- Naruto vs Hebi Sasuke ( Storm 2 )

I love when the Storm Games take a canon fight and either heavily improves it or make it even more awesome than it already was

Sucks that the CC2 dev manager is one of those Boruto haters who doesn’t know anything about the characters/series post 2016/17.

What’s your top 5?
Just came up with the list now so it's definitively tentative but:

5. Jiraiya vs Pain
4. Minato and Kushina vs Obito and Kurama
3. Lee vs Gaara
2. Naruto vs Pain
1. Naruto vs Sasuke (just counting both VOTE fights since they're both the top 2, kinda cheating but idc)

Honorable mentions are Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke vs Deidara, Sakura and Chiyo vs Sasori, Madara vs the Shinobi Alliance, and Naruto vs Gaara.

Naruto and Sakura vs Kakashi, Hiruzen vs Kurama, Naruto vs Sasuke in Storm 3, The Five Kage vs Madara, and Team 7 vs Ten Tails were great adaptations as well. And Taka vs Hokage was an epic fight despite just being filler.

can i argue that since the gedo statue has all 7 Tail beast giving it the same power to perform the uni+ feat, now that i think about it, that was probably the way obito used to get the chakra to begin with.

Juubito is gedo+bits of 8 and 9 tails chakra, so he generally pushes out more chakra per attack then the uni+ feat

can i argue that since the gedo statue has all 7 Tail beast giving it the same power to perform the uni+ feat, now that i think about it, that was probably the way obito used to get the chakra to begin with.

Juubito is gedo+bits of 8 and 9 tails chakra, so he generally pushes out more chakra per attack then the uni+ feat
How do you know this tho? How do you know that the amount of chakra Obito used for LT wasn't more than the average attack? Kinda like ETSO.

How do you know this tho? How do you know that the amount of chakra Obito used for LT wasn't more than the average attack? Kinda like ETSO.
at that point of the story there is nothing that comes close to the combined amount of chakra of 7 tail beasts except for the nine tails which is either in nard or minato so there is no way to aquire those halfs. Obito directly states that "using the power of our seven Tailed Beasts" nothing more or less

at that point of the story there is nothing that comes close to the combined amount of chakra of 7 tail beasts except for the nine tails which is either in nard or minato so there is no way to aquire those halfs. Obito directly states that "using the power of our seven Tailed Beasts" nothing more or less
1. Can you point to a specific episode?
2. I am not saying that the combined chakra isn't the highest. I'm asking about the chakra used in an average attack vs chakra used in the universe feat.

GSFFbXtWYAEdAje

1. Can you point to a specific episode?
the movie takes place after the five kage summit, but before the war arc and obito was still using his orange mask
2. I am not saying that the combined chakra isn't the highest. I'm asking about the chakra used in an average attack vs chakra used in the universe feat.
if we assume that it took almost all the 7 tail beast chakra to perform this feat. Its apperence during the war arc only made a bubble in the sensory sphere thing, while the ten tails made another sphere that signified its amount of chakra proving that Ten Tails< Gedo statue in terms of chakra capacity, now since the ten tails has ridiculous amount of chakra compared to the geto statue we can compare their tail beast bombs cuase they are just pure chakra. The tail beats bomb made the tail tails dawrfs the one made by other tail beast together and the ten tails does that cassully

if we assume that it took almost all the 7 tail beast chakra to perform this feat. Its apperence during the war arc only made a bubble in the sensory sphere thing, while the ten tails made another sphere that signified its amount of chakra proving that Ten Tails< Gedo statue in terms of chakra capacity, now since the ten tails has ridiculous amount of chakra compared to the geto statue we can compare their tail beast bombs cuase they are just pure chakra. The tail beats bomb made the tail tails dawrfs the one made by other tail beast together and the ten tails does that cassully
Wouldn't you then have to prove that chakra of all 7 tailed beasts <= chakra in TBB by other tailed beasts? I don't understand how you made that connection.

From what I understand so far:
Chakra from the geto statue is way less than chakra from ten tails on the sensing sphere.

Do we have a scene where it is shown that a TBB from ten tails has more chakra than the entire geto statue?

Do we have a scene where it is shown that a TBB from ten tails has more chakra than the entire geto statue?
during ep384 4:46 the ten tails begun to shoot its first TBB which caused the Ten tails sensory sphere to violently shake either because of how much chakra was being concentrated as a sphere or that the sensory sphere was not able show how much chakra was there. Plus TBB are considered as the strongest attack that a tail beasts has and the amount of damage is directly tied to how much destrution that it causes

during ep384 4:46 the ten tails begun to shoot its first TBB which caused the Ten tails sensory sphere to violently shake either because of how much chakra was being concentrated as a sphere or that the sensory sphere was not able show how much chakra was there. Plus TBB are considered as the strongest attack that a tail beasts has and the amount of damage is directly tied to how much destrution that it causes
I'mma check this out later and then reply.

I really think it’s a missed opportunity to not have Konohamaru as the interim Hokage instead of Shikamaru. Despite his gaffes, it can be argued Konohamaru is stronger than Shikamaru imo and it’s a narrative pay-off from part 1 Naruto.

And from. Writing standpoint, you can’t just job the Kage without giving them a moment to show why they hold the title. Just like against Kinshiki and Momoshiki. Yes, they eventually got jobbed, but not before they got a little hype.

Shikamaru's position as hokage is also a narrative payoff from part 1 which I would argue, holds more significance than Konohamaru's. And if we are talking about who deserves the post, I think a Hokage needs to be at least either the strongest or the smartest. There is no point in making Konohamaru the Hokage if there are stronger eligible people present. So I think going with the smartest dude who has experience in politics makes sense and has helped out a lot in TBV. Even in NNG, Shikamaru is the reason why the village is still in it's place. Konohamaru has legit done nothing in the entirety of NNG to warrant the position of Hokage. So disagree. If you wanna say he should have been written accordingly then that's a separate conversation.

I really think it’s a missed opportunity to not have Konohamaru as the interim Hokage instead of Shikamaru. Despite his gaffes, it can be argued Konohamaru is stronger than Shikamaru imo and it’s a narrative pay-off from part 1 Naruto.

And from. Writing standpoint, you can’t just job the Kage without giving them a moment to show why they hold the title. Just like against Kinshiki and Momoshiki. Yes, they eventually got jobbed, but not before they got a little hype.
konohamaru as hokage would be suited more for a EOS Boruto thing, i think him becoming hokage off screen would go against Konohamaru's initial arc of there being no shortcuts to hokage

Shikamaru's position as hokage is also a narrative payoff from part 1 which I would argue, holds more significance than Konohamaru's.
Shikamaru has no Hokage implications going back to part 1 Naruto. And even his Temari statement doesn’t make its significance more important. It doesn’t become more significant until the Blank Period Novels, which 95% of the Franchise Fanbase hasn’t even read or is aware of Kakashi’s efforts with Shikamaru.
And if we are talking about who deserves the post, I think a Hokage needs to be at least either the strongest or the smartest.
Well we know how the process works. Naruto “could’ve” been selected as Hokage after the Pain Arc in an alternate world, based on what was being said in that meeting with the Daimyo. So if Strength or Intelligence were your guiding factors, Kakashi wouldn’t likely be Hokage at that point, even w/o Danzou Shenanigans. You’d be looking at Naruto or Shikaku for example.

Not saying the case for Kakashi wouldn’t make more sense, but the conversation is more nuanced than just the strongest or the smartest deserves the post, because that’s not the case necessarily.
There is no point in making Konohamaru the Hokage if there are stronger eligible people present.
It’s more nuanced than that. Via In-verse standards, with his reputation, lineage, etc, we all know Konohamaru would be a eligible Kage candidate, among others. He has shown that he has the strength and mentality of the Kage tier (Now how people break that down into Low, Mid or High is up for debate). Now imo, which is a separate thing obviously, it makes more since to have Shikamaru remain as an adviser and have Konohamaru as the Kage and that pays off initial inciting rivalry/gag going all the way to part one.

So I think going with the smartest dude who has experience in politics makes sense and has helped out a lot in TBV. Even in NNG, Shikamaru is the reason why the village is still in it's place.
That’s fine. Shikamaru would obviously be a Kage candidate with Naruto gone and that was certainly built up within the Franchise and it would be a logical choice applying irl logic, but you could honestly make the case for Shikamaru being Kage over Naruto as well, despite his strength. Same goes for Tobirama over Hashirama, if we want to adhere strictly to irl logic.

From a writing standpoint, If I know I have a significant time skip coming up and I know what’s been set up before, I can see myself making Konohamaru the Hokage with Shikamaru as his adviser. I think that’s the better pay-off as opposed to the opposite we have now (Kage Shikamaru w/ Adviser Konohamaru).

And any inefficiencies Konohamaru had prior to the Time Skip can easily and sensibly be written off as motivation from Naruto’s supposed “death” and training during the timeskip. In a situation like this, you wouldn’t be writing the Hokage as a jobber anyways without some level of narrative protection for the position they hold. It’s honestly like wrestling booking… 🤔
Konohamaru has legit done nothing in the entirety of NNG to warrant the position of Hokage.
That doesn’t matter as much. In-universe we know he has a significant reputation and we know it has been narratively built in since part 1 Naruto.

I don’t believe you would literally say you do not see any reason for Konohamaru being Kage over Shikamaru from a creative standpoint… and hey, if you do then so be it. That’s fair but we’ll have to disagree.
If you wanna say he should have been written accordingly then that's a separate conversation.
That’s not necessary. There is more than enough built in to his character to have justified it from a creative standpoint.

konohamaru as hokage would be suited more for a EOS Boruto thing, i think him becoming hokage off screen would go against Konohamaru's initial arc of there being no shortcuts to hokage
It wouldn’t be a shortcut though. We know thanks to the pain arc how the Hokage Selection process is. Naruto is missing, presumed dead at the time that new Hokage Selection meeting would have taken place.

Dude also literally took Naruto’s moment… 💀 Having him become Hokage over the timeskip off-screen would’ve been fine i’d think.

And I mean… depending on how far EoS goes… all I am saying is, I wouldn’t want to be a Tsunade Age Kage in my freshman year as Kage. 🤷‍♂️ Especially with my Student in her prime and likely stronger than me having had that same dream.

Easy clear

Isshiki is the hardest one because Code wouldn't fight Isshiki at all, and would likely just team up on Boruto with Isshiki, which in that case I don't see Boruto winning, especially considering it's unlikely Boruto would use his Kama mark. If we assume Code teams up with Boruto and doesn't switch up, they got it.

Also Konohamaru ******* sucks. There's in no world he could've become Hokage. EoS maybe (much like Kakashi), but definitely not now.

Unlike Naruto, even if they're not the smartest tools in the shed, Konohamaru doesn't have the versatility or abilities to take up the mantle Naruto's left behind. Shikamaru has worked incredibly closely with Naruto so it's only natural he'd replace Naruto, and he may not be the strongest or have the biggest bag, but he has far more battle and strategical experience (having fought in a war), and is just farrrr smarter than Konohamaru.

Also Konohamaru ******* sucks. There's in no world he could've become Hokage. EoS maybe (much like Kakashi), but definitely not now.

Unlike Naruto, even if they're not the smartest tools in the shed, Konohamaru doesn't have the versatility or abilities to take up the mantle Naruto's left behind. Shikamaru has worked incredibly closely with Naruto so it's only natural he'd replace Naruto, and he may not be the strongest or have the biggest bag, but he has far more battle and strategical experience (having fought in a war), and is just farrrr smarter than Konohamaru.
Straight facts.

Back