• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So then that'd make BoS Kakashi level characters Sub-Rel+ to Rel??
Sub rel Kakashi isn’t ridiculous at all,
But for all we know in the manga he could've used Raikiri to amp his arm speed (if it works like that which I'm a bit unsure of), or already had his arms in position to block it before he landed.
That gets into being overtly skeptical if you have to add factors
The point is that slower characters are faster than lightning based on some calcs
Except they aren’t, unless you are Rel - Rel+ you aren’t fully “faster than lightning.”

Hell the return strokes of lightning can go up to 2/3rds the speed of light(Rel+)

No slower character is faster than lightning because of the calcs. Just varying degrees of lightning speed.
Um...none of those characters are remotely close to jonin level,
Minato is a literal Jounin at the time
I'm not saying the verse caps at MHS+
I don’t think you think that, I think you’re just overanalyzing statements without taking a look at how fast lightning can really get.

No one on Nard wiki that should be lightning speed via statements is fully faster than it by real world definitions.
Which? And for what version?
Base Kid Nard(it would be post Final Valley) iirc

Sub rel Kakashi isn’t ridiculous at all,
Kinda is given how high the bar is for LS characters, and he's not several times faster than Hebi Sasuke or Darui
That gets into being overtly skeptical if you have to add factors
We also can't assume that his arms were to his side
Except they aren’t, unless you are Rel - Rel+ you aren’t fully “faster than lightning.”

Hell the return strokes of lightning can go up to 2/3rds the speed of light(Rel+)

No slower character is faster than lightning because of the calcs. Just varying degrees of lightning speed.
The problem is that there's no reason for the databook to refer to different values with the word lightning speed, so it having a range irl isn't very relevant. Idek if it having variable speed is widely known.
Minato is a literal Jounin at the time
Bruh, tell me you're not serious 😭 SPSM Naruto is a genin, Minato being a jonin doesn't limit his strength to jonin level. He's even beyond Kage level.
I don’t think you think that, I think you’re just overanalyzing statements without taking a look at how fast lightning can really get.
I'm just saying Narutoverse lightning speed~Hebi Sasuke/False Darkness/Black Panther>>Jonin level
No one on Nard wiki that should be lightning speed via statements is fully faster than it by real world definitions.

Base Kid Nard(it would be post Final Valley) iirc
Is it from the anime or a movie? Doesn't really matter in that case.

I find it quite disconcerting that EMS Madara's Legged Susanoo is rated as 44,000 times stronger than Edo Madara's Legged Susanoo

But I mean isn't MHS+ jonin based on upscaling from Kakuzu's False Darkness? That's a bigger problem imo, since Kakashi is much faster than most jonin and he was probably using Shunshin to get to his comrades as quickly as possible. Might've been Raikiri amped too if he already had it activated.
We also have regular MHS based on Genin Neji scaling.

Kinda is given how high the bar is for LS characters, and he's not several times faster than Hebi Sasuke or Darui

We also can't assume that his arms were to his side

The problem is that there's no reason for the databook to refer to different values with the word lightning speed, so it having a range irl isn't very relevant. Idek if it having variable speed is widely known.

Bruh, tell me you're not serious 😭 SPSM Naruto is a genin, Minato being a jonin doesn't limit his strength to jonin level. He's even beyond Kage level.

I'm just saying Narutoverse lightning speed~Hebi Sasuke/False Darkness/Black Panther>>Jonin level

Is it from the anime or a movie? Doesn't really matter in that case.
I think you need to remove this notion that akatsuki or people like hebi sasuke are so far above high level jonin that they would blitz them. In truth they are like relative in speed and they have feats to back them up. Some are even faster. What makes the akatsuki so unique and far above them is their techniques and jutsu in their disposal. There is nothing wrong with their speed being similar tbh.
The facts are kakashi as well as a good number of jonin can keep up with people like hebi sasuke and akatsuki members I speed with no problem. I'm pretty sure asuma had zero issues with speed fighting hidan and kakuzu. They just can't match the rest of their arsenal.

Also for that first statement the difference between sub rel and sol is over 50 times. Sub rel is definitely not a high bar for someone hyped to be so fast as to run and cut lightning as a kid

I think you need to remove this notion that akatsuki or people like hebi sasuke are so far above high level jonin that they would blitz them. In truth they are like relative in speed and they have feats to back them up. Some are even faster. What makes the akatsuki so unique and far above them is their techniques and jutsu in their disposal. There is nothing wrong with their speed being similar tbh.
The facts are kakashi as well as a good number of jonin can keep up with people like hebi sasuke and akatsuki members I speed with no problem. I'm pretty sure asuma had zero issues with speed fighting hidan and kakuzu. They just can't match the rest of their arsenal.

Also for that first statement the difference between sub rel and sol is over 50 times. Sub rel is definitely not a high bar for someone hyped to be so fast as to run and cut lightning as a kid
This is kinda true. If someone wanted to rock with the Akatsuki off pure stats, they'd at least need to be able to wrestle a V2 Jinchuuriki bare-handed.

In a jerk off contest?
Screenshot_2024-06-04_181841.png

We also have regular MHS based on Genin Neji scaling.
Based on the site stats sure
Base BoS Sasuke blitzed Naruto and Sakura, 3T Hebi Sasuke blitzed Suigetsu and Jugo (not just with Shunshin either since he wrapped them with snakes) and almost blitzed Deidara, Sasori blitzed Sakura, Kakuzu blitzed Asuma and in his merged state seemed to blitz Kakashi Ino and Choji, Gaara's sand perception blitzed Cee, Minato blitzed Mahiru, 3T Itachi blitzed Kakashi, no one seemed to see V1 Ay dashing away from Jugo's blasts, Armless Orochimaru blitzed Yamato, I could go on and on there are a ridiculous number of blitzes that Kage level characters perform on High Jonin level and higher characters.
Asuma is one of the strongest jonin and Hidan is the slowest Akatsuki member, not very analogous. And he couldn't even keep up with Base Kakuzu who I'd argue is the second slowest member.
Considering how many speed gaps there are between Early Shippuden Kakashi and Kirin/KM0 Mifune/P1 Itachi, it kinda is. Also either way that doesn't change my point later in the comment about lightning speed.

Say, correct me if I’m wrong, but there’s something I’ve never understood:

Why isn’t 8th Gate Guy — at least with Night Guy — considered FTL for literally warping space with his mere speed?

Say, correct me if I’m wrong, but there’s something I’ve never understood:

Why isn’t 8th Gate Guy — at least with Night Guy — considered FTL for literally warping space with his mere speed?
1. Can you give me the scan where it says his speed caused the space to bend.
2. Also give me the calc that puts bending space at FTL.

The databook implies the power is what bends space, but the Quiz Book kinda implies speed is the bigger factor so maybe it's both
Well, the Quiz Book says, “Speed and Effort”.

Idk if that matters though.

Edit: Just reread it. There is no comma between, “Effort Enough”, so the reference isn’t in regard to speed nor does it draw an equivalence between Speed and the Effort that is bending space.

Well, the Quiz Book says, “Speed and Effort”.

Idk if that matters though.

Edit: Just reread it. There is no comma between, “Effort Enough”, so the reference isn’t in regard to speed nor does it draw an equivalence between Speed and the Effort that is bending space.
You could read it as either speed and effort enough or speed and effort enough

Back