• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1- Hashirama
2- madara
3- minato
4- obito
5-prime hiruzen (?)
6- tobirama
7-guy
8- itachi
9- pain
10- killer bee
The order of Itachi and Pain may differ. The ranking is entirely for before the battle arc.
Great list ngl, only disagreement is Guy and Killer Bee (I have them around Sannin level or a little below prior to the War Arc)
Pre-War Obito above Tobirama?
I mean he is close to Hokage Minato

Screenshot_20240531_213143.jpg

I’m going to preface this with: strictly speaking about personal opinions and scaling not wiki related. Because I don’t plan on ever implementing this. That being said what’re y’all’s thoughts on this:

image0.png

Obito’s statement here translates to “And now, with this sword, I will erase the world!”

The argument here is that 1) erase definitionally means to obliterate something completely and 2) that world means world as in planet earth. Hence, this being a 5-B statement. The rationale I see for world meaning planet here primarily has to do with Obito’s mindset in this scene being a “fvck it, if I can’t get my way, I’ll destroy everything”. What’re y’all’s thoughts on this semantics based interpretation argument?

I think it could work if you really know your way around words and phrasing, which sadly, most people on vsbw (including me) don't.
But I do generally think it is true, the interpretation that it's "surface wiping" is weird because it's a sword, not a bomb, not some AoE attack. A sword can much more directly threaten a planet rather than threaten the surface deletion, especially when the sword can't even project energy.
It'd also help make ETSB more consistent, as well as the whole Toneri thing.

It’s pretty consistent if you buy the Forest of Death Konoha size which gets you like High 6-A Kurama, so you have that natural progression. I utilize that argument in my personal scaling, like outside of vsbw.
I know the Deep Forest thing for the God Tree was bonked, don't remember why, but if you include that, it is pretty consistent, along with that above, no?
There's also the databook statements saying that Kurama can wipe the world, so like, yeah.

I know the Deep Forest thing for the God Tree was bonked, don't remember why, but if you include that, it is pretty consistent, along with that above, no?
There's also the databook statements saying that Kurama can wipe the world, so like, yeah.
It was bonked because it violated KE rules, but maybe in the future it won’t violate KE rules cuz it’s seemingly like Naruto/Boruto’s earth might be “stronger” than its GBE as asinine as that sounds.

I’m going to preface this with: strictly speaking about personal opinions and scaling not wiki related. Because I don’t plan on ever implementing this. That being said what’re y’all’s thoughts on this:

image0.png

Obito’s statement here translates to “And now, with this sword, I will erase the world!”

The argument here is that 1) erase definitionally means to obliterate something completely and 2) that world means world as in planet earth. Hence, this being a 5-B statement. The rationale I see for world meaning planet here primarily has to do with Obito’s mindset in this scene being a “fvck it, if I can’t get my way, I’ll destroy everything”. What’re y’all’s thoughts on this semantics based interpretation argument?
I always thought he meant this as in “imma beat your ass with this big ass sword and use the infinite tsukyomi.” Hence erasing this world. I think the statement of Hagoromo using the sword to create the world is much more interesting and more up for debate

I always thought he meant this as in “imma beat your ass with this big ass sword and use the infinite tsukyomi.” Hence erasing this world. I think the statement of Hagoromo using the sword to create the world is much more interesting and more up for debate
I can see that, although “And now, with this sword…” makes it sound like to me he’s going to erase the world with his sword

image0.png

Ether it scales like the flame bird in bleach where the sword is multi cont or cont or hes talking about society since he says the ninja world/sage world or was that toneri?

Yeah this too, like how ****** was the world after the battle after Kaguya and creating the moon with the landmass etc.

Ether it scales like the flame bird in bleach where the sword is multi cont or cont or hes talking about society since he says the ninja world/sage world or was that toneri?
yeah the interpretation we go with on vsbw rn is more so like the society of the world and whatnot, lifewiping of sorts.

Hagoromo didn't make the world with that sword.

I don't believe Obito would actually end the world with that sword either. (Which would literally go against his main plan)

I don't believe Obito would actually end the world with that sword either. (Which would literally go against his main plan)
For sure, the other interpretation I presented requires a decent modicum of generosity in interpreting Obito’s mindset and intentions at that time.

Eh maybe you could calc the mass of the moon compared to the planet or something since CT uses the stuff from the planet to form a Satellite and in verse Hags and his brother created the moon. So why not say that the sword created the mass used to replace the mass used for the moon at a minimum?

Eh maybe you could calc the mass of the moon compared to the planet or something since CT uses the stuff from the planet to form a Satellite and in verse Hags and his brother created the moon. So why not say that the sword created the mass used to replace the mass used for the moon at a minimum?
You mentioned a very good point, I would like to add it. The Sword of Nunoboko was the sword used to extract (create) primordial soil to create a place in mythology. We can say that Kishimoto's purpose when talking about creating the world was to fill the void he created in the moon matter with this sword. (just an idea that came to my mind)

Personally, and this is my own view outside of the anything wiki related, I feel Obito isn’t going to destroy the world literally but figuratively because Naruto represents the “World” the Hagoromo created.

Scan 1
Scan 2

I think Kishi means this, more than a literal interpretation. And it makes sense in my mind because prior to his statement, he says the “Sage created the world” with Nunoboku, which is just factually incorrect from a literal standpoint. It could also be interpreted as, “If I kill Naruto, the world the sage created will be erased because I WIN!!”, as nobody else could oppose him in that scenario. 🤷‍♂️

Personally, and this is my own view outside of the anything wiki related, I feel Obito isn’t going to destroy the world literally but figuratively because Naruto represents the “World” the Hagoromo created.

Scan 1
Scan 2

I think Kishi means this, more than a literal interpretation. And it makes sense in my mind because prior to his statement, he says the “Sage created the world” with Nunoboku, which is just factually incorrect. It could also be interpreted as, “If I kill Naruto, the world the sage created will be erased because I WIN!!”, as nobody else could oppose him in that scenario. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I can see that, also in tandem with the Nunoboko being a manifestation of Obito’s will, just as it must’ve been a manifestation of Hagoromo’s will. So you could interpret more so that Hagoromo’s will (ninshu and whatnot) is what created the “world” more figuratively

image0.png

Obito might be talking about the Ninja world as it is. Like erasing their idea, goals and hopes.

image0.png

Can Existence Erasure really translate to AP there?

does the truth seeking orbs in naruto have resistance to subjective reality/reality warping?

Last edited:
Back